Should DWTL resign as chairman of the RPP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:05:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should DWTL resign as chairman of the RPP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: In order for the RPP to become a constructive conservative force, DWTL should step down as chairman
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Should DWTL resign as chairman of the RPP?  (Read 4104 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:41:06 PM »

It is with some regret that I feel tha some of the keenest conservative political minds in Atlasia are 'trapped' in the RPP. In recent weeks it has became clear that the RPP is nothing more than a personal vehicle for kindergarten politics under the leadership of DWTL and to some extent, SPC. I believe that Atlasia needs a strong right, but it is a right that has to be right. It is damaging to that movement and to Atlasian politics and a detriment to many members of the RPP with whom I am friends with or know and respect, for the party to continue under it's current leadership.

I believe it will be to the benefit of the party and to it's members if DWTL and the 'old guard' leadership step down to make way for a new chairman and a new direction in conservative politics in Atlasia.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

I am not going to resign, I built this party from nothing and each day it grows stronger.  You may not like our success, but it is real.  We have a unified front, something that conservatives have never had as long as I have been here.  We have not flamed out, we have not splintered.  In fact, we are probably stronger than ever.

This comment is completely out of line.  When I suggested that I rather GMantis chair the SDP than Xahar, everyone called me out of line.  I hope someone will do the same to Afleitch.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »

that's an internal RPP matter
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »

Straight from the mouth of Atlasian's favorite characters:

The RPP should keep its nose out of the internal affairs of another political party.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »

Smid and SPC publically state their support me, but there vote was irrelevant.  MasterJedi tends to be a rogue agent at times, but I highly doubt he would call for me to step down as chair.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

I would also like to remind everyone Afleitch has made it clear he has a personal grudge against me
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »

Franzl is quite correct in stating that DWTL's continued chairmanship is a party matter. Creating polls in order to foment public opinion against him is little different from DWTL's own attempt to influence the SDP's vote on their chariman, & should not be tolerated as that was not tolerated.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

Masterjedi is perhaps a 'rogue' and good on him too. He represents one of the best elements of your party and of previous conservative parties and groupings - he is an independent thinker.

All you have done is make continual demands for the RPP to back you by right. That you had a right to become PPT because of your parties strength in the Senate. Your behaviour has been childish and tempereamental. A party that wants to move forward and become a mainstream force cannot afford to have a man driven by personal ambition, personal vendetta and an unwillingness to work with other parties. You may have founded the party, but you are not it's cornerstone. You cannot hark back to 'glory days' when your region, when your experiment in the South is by all means now defunct and stagnating.

Step down and let someone else take over and move the party forward.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »

become a mainstream force cannot afford to have a man driven by personal ambition, personal vendetta and an unwillingness to work with other parties. You may have founded the party, but you are not it's cornerstone.

1.) I would like to know how a party currently with HALF of the senate seats is not mainstream
2.) We don't work well with other parties?  Please inform the JCP of that
3.) I am not the cornerstone of the party, but certainly myself, Duke, SPC, and PiT are
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

Franzl is quite correct in stating that DWTL's continued chairmanship is a party matter. Creating polls in order to foment public opinion against him is little different from DWTL's own attempt to influence the SDP's vote on their chariman, & should not be tolerated as that was not tolerated.

As far as I know there is no planned vote on who is to be the chairman. I am simply asking DWTL to give thought to standing down as chair. I am not attempting to influence anything - unless commenting about someone outside your own party (which is what we all do) is now 'influence.'

I would also like to remind everyone Afleitch has made it clear he has a personal grudge against me

I don't really. My grudge is against your style and your abrasiveness.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »

2.) We don't work well with other parties?  Please inform the JCP of that

It's been fairly clear that you have been working for the JCP, not with the JCP.
You have kindly enabled the JCP to take and hold the Presidency, but they haven't even been willing to make you so much as PPT.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »

As far as I know there is no planned vote on who is to be the chairman. I am simply asking DWTL to give thought to standing down as chair. I am not attempting to influence anything - unless commenting about someone outside your own party (which is what we all do) is now 'influence.'

If you phrase it that way then it seems more harmless. Thing is, you posted this publically rather than just PMing him about it, meaning you want others to get involved in it. Call me cynical if I think it's just an attempt to get folks to back you up in complaining about his deportment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 06:22:53 PM »

Even if for the sake of argument this argument should be had, it shouldn't be done publicly. This is an absurd subject for a poll.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2009, 06:32:15 PM by afleitch »

If you phrase it that way then it seems more harmless. Thing is, you posted this publically rather than just PMing him about it, meaning you want others to get involved in it. Call me cynical if I think it's just an attempt to get folks to back you up in complaining about his deportment.

Even if for the sake of argument this argument should be had, it shouldn't be done publicly. This is an absurd subject for a poll.

But it's a public discussion - why simply PM him about it? We can have a public discussion about the state of regional governments, about who should be the PO at the constitutional convention but not about whether DWTL should resign as chairman? What if I ran a poll asking him to resign as Senator? Would that be wrong? We had a roll call on whether the SOFA should resign a week or so ago Smiley EDIT: And we also had a poll/discussion on who we wanted to be PPT last week.

I don't believe I should be accused of double standards, as polls about the position of people in public and party office are commonplace.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 06:37:47 PM »

I suppose we can say if we "want DWTL to resign" or not (I don't care one way or another....doesn't affect me).

However, whether he best serves his party's interests is something that can only be determined by the party in question. The chairman's role is to serve his party, not the general public. If the general public is unhappy with a party's leadership, than they should show that by not voting for that party, as they would for any other reason they're unhappy with a party's or a person's behavior.

Not to say we can't talk about it, Afleitch Smiley, just saying!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »

I suppose we can say if we "want DWTL to resign" or not (I don't care one way or another....doesn't affect me).

However, whether he best serves his party's interests is something that can only be determined by the party in question. The chairman's role is to serve his party, not the general public. If the general public is unhappy with a party's leadership, than they should show that by not voting for that party, as they would for any other reason they're unhappy with a party's or a person's behavior.

My first post was pretty unambiguous I hope Smiley. Of course only the party can decide whether or not he should continue and only DWTL can choose to stay or go. I was simply reflecting on possibilities - hence the poll and the wording of the question/post. Instead I had people say 'you shouldn't post a poll' and 'this is a private matter' which I was pretty perplexed about considering the subjects of recent polling.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

My first post was pretty unambiguous I hope Smiley. Of course only the party can decide whether or not he should continue and only DWTL can choose to stay or go. I was simply reflecting on possibilities - hence the poll and the wording of the question/post. Instead I had people say 'you shouldn't post a poll' and 'this is a private matter' which I was pretty perplexed about considering the subjects of recent polling.

Oh no, that's fine. We have freedom of speech, and nobody should refrain from discussing any issue.

Just saying though that we need to recognize what a party's leader purpose is: to serve his party's interests, and that our subjective opinion on DWTL's politics or way of running his party doesn't have too much to do with that.

Just seems to me that his party his quite happy with his performance, and that since "party leader" is not a public office, that he only answers to the members of his party.

Obviously, the general public, myself and yourself included, has an opinion of DWTL and that ranges from positive to negative.

So sure, we can talk and complain about it as much as we want. We do so in the real world, don't we? Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »

Just seems to me that his party his quite happy with his performance, and that since "party leader" is not a public office, that he only answers to the members of his party.

Obviously, the general public, myself and yourself included, has an opinion of DWTL and that ranges from positive to negative.

So sure, we can talk and complain about it as much as we want. We do so in the real world, don't we? Smiley

Well you understand that I couldn't phrase it as 'stay/resign as Senator' considering he's a regional Senator and I hope to be! That would be a poll for purely personal/political reasons and not to generate public discussion.

I think it's a genuine question. I have been accused of being anti-RPP. I'm not really - I think the party has many great members and I know where the party ought to go. Indeed so does DWTL - to become a strong right of centre conservative party. I just think that a new leadership and outlook would be beneficial. It is a purely party matter of course, but as someone who has tried to bring 'conservative' economic issues into a Senate campaign that's really why I posed the question in the way I did (i.e what future does it have)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »

I don't involve in other parties business. I will just say than I hope than DWTL leadership is voted regularly, but we don't know, since they still hide their by-laws.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:38:10 PM »

As much as I dislike DWTL, he has been a good Chairman, and I think he should stay on.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »

It is with some regret that I feel tha some of the keenest conservative political minds in Atlasia are 'trapped' in the RPP. In recent weeks it has became clear that the RPP is nothing more than a personal vehicle for kindergarten politics under the leadership of DWTL and to some extent, SPC. I believe that Atlasia needs a strong right, but it is a right that has to be right. It is damaging to that movement and to Atlasian politics and a detriment to many members of the RPP with whom I am friends with or know and respect, for the party to continue under it's current leadership.

I believe it will be to the benefit of the party and to it's members if DWTL and the 'old guard' leadership step down to make way for a new chairman and a new direction in conservative politics in Atlasia.

Could you please give a recent example of me resorting to "kindergarten politics"? Perhaps this a form of sour grapes on your part, since you've lost to our party's endorsed candidate three election cycles straight. I'll admit that DWTL went too far with his attempt to become PPT, and I told him he was crossing the line. However, I don't think one incident involving one party member is enough to attack a party for. This poll is ridiculous.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »

Please stop! That look like Gunfight at OK Corral between Afleitch and DWTL. Atlasians understood than you hate each other, but that is not productive, that is ridiculous, that looks like a kindergarten and that is not useful, since you are auto-destroying your reputation by yourself in that.

DWTL looks like an arrogant person, when Afleitch looks like a sore loser.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »

Could you please give a recent example of me resorting to "kindergarten politics"? Perhaps this a form of sour grapes on your part, since you've lost to our party's endorsed candidate three election cycles straight.
Ha, I never could put my finger on why Afleitch hated our party so much, but that would be the reason.  I know he lost as VP and the governor's race (in which he was heavily favored), but what was the other one?

I would have been fine with a poll asking whether I should resign as a senator, because frankly I do not really care what you think if you are not willing to work with me.  I do, however, take offense to the people who called me out for supporting GMantis as SDP chair because Xahar was hacking our party members account but think this statement by Afletich is alright.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »

Could you please give a recent example of me resorting to "kindergarten politics"? Perhaps this a form of sour grapes on your part, since you've lost to our party's endorsed candidate three election cycles straight.
Ha, I never could put my finger on why Afleitch hated our party so much, but that would be the reason.  I know he lost as VP and the governor's race (in which he was heavily favored), but what was the other one?

October 2008 Presidential Election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies