Rudy vs. Obama 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rudy vs. Obama 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rudy vs. Obama 2008  (Read 3197 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: March 23, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »

Rudy was my guy. I would've loved to see him run a campaign against Obama. I assure you it would have been much dirtier than McCain, who stood by in the name of honor and respect while he was dragged through the mud by Obama's machine. I think he would've performed better in some areas and worse in others. The turnout in the south would still be way down, but I doubt he loses it. He may have done better in Virginia and Pennsylvania. It would be interesting as to whether he could've help some of the more liberal Republicans in his camp who were alienated by the Palin pick.

I don't know. I often wonder what the election would look like if he had made it through the primary. Would he have gotten slaughtered in the urban areas like McCain did? And in the suburbs? I don't know. I think the base was already disinterested in McCain, and I don't know if it would've made a difference.

Also, it is silly to say he would've lost Utah. No way does he lose that state. The Mormons would vote for a GOP candidate no matter what, and I would assume Officepark would vote for Giuliani as well. Obama was not an alternative for the base. There was threats of a third party with McCain as well from the big Religious Right leaders, but they eventually gave in and supported McCain. Pat Robertson threw his weight behind Rudy early. It's nonsense to say that he would've lost much worse than McCain. I doubt it. Here's a map I think would've happened.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies