Kerry : Tora Bora reference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:51:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry : Tora Bora reference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Kerry that we let Usama Bin Laden escape in Tora Bora and Bush policies were the reason?
Yes

No

Not Sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Kerry : Tora Bora reference  (Read 11291 times)
Pollwatch99

« on: September 30, 2004, 11:31:33 PM »

I thought it was a real slap at our miltary leaders
Pollwatch99

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 12:29:23 AM »

The reason we didn't send in our own people was

1. The Afghans knew the terrain better, since they live there, and it would have been unnecessarily hazardous to our soldiers to send them into heinous terrain when we didn't even have good maps of the area.

2. We lacked the capability to deploy large numbers of troops rapidly, we had neither the airlift capacity nor the regional bases that are needed to do what Kerry talked about doing.

Tommy Franks on CNN after the debate said we never got confirmation where Bin Laden was.  He had many reports that he was in other locations.  Amazing Kerry can repeat such an irresponsible charge in a Presidental campaign
Pollwatch99

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 06:29:46 PM »

Well folks.  I'm truly amazed.  Yes, I'm a republican but
I've voted demcratic from time to time( all levels from Senator, Governor, and President).   The concept that any US president and any one of our miltary leaders  would not fully pursue the mass murder of 3,000 Americans and would outsource to Afgan work lords is sickening  

For the poster who said that this was the likely location of Bin Laden and was credible enough, my answer is to who?  Michael Moore.  I'll stand with Tommy Franks

Now enough of the past.  Let's get to brass tacks on the implications of Kerry's whining that the troops shouldn't be IRAQ but should be pursuing Bin Laden in Afganistan.
Piure Lawyer talk and here is why.  What are you going to do with the troops?  Invade Pakistan to get somebody hiding in a cave and isolated from the world?   What are the ramifications of this action?  Musharaff is not in the strongest position and the border region in Pakistan is loaded with ISLAMIC fundamentilists who have twice tried to kill him.  What's the ramification of that?  Nuclear weapons in the hand of ISLAMIC fundamentilists.  Brilliant idea Kerry.  Do I believe Kerry is that stupid?   No way, he is much too smart to do that.  

So is he not going to do that, why say it?  ASK YOURSELF THAT QUESTION VERY, VERY HARD.  The answer is he will say what he needs to win the election.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies