Kerry : Tora Bora reference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:58:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry : Tora Bora reference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Kerry that we let Usama Bin Laden escape in Tora Bora and Bush policies were the reason?
Yes

No

Not Sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Kerry : Tora Bora reference  (Read 11302 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: October 02, 2004, 01:13:29 AM »

Donovan, could you link me to those thousands of stories?

I know several Arab Americans and some Arabs living here on visas.  One of them is currently back in Jordan visiting his family.  The only one who had any contact with the government, outside of the routine stuff for a visa, went in voluntarily.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 11:28:27 AM »

Donovan,

Why are all those links 2 years old if this is an ongoing issue?

A violation of your visa is a crime.  That it was ignored until after 9-11 does not mean it should continue to be ignored.  THey did not violate no laws, they overstayed their visas, which is a crime.

The INS was a joke and reforming it, and enforcing its rules, have become a much higher priority than it was on 9-10-2001.

Do you have stories of Arabs ho did not commit a visa violation being detained?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 04:04:12 PM »

Donovan,

If the police are searching for a caucasian male suspected of rape and they stop and question me, a white male, should I complain?  I was once detained in such a situation because I looked close to a campus rapist.  They checked into my alibi, namely being in another state for all of the crimes, and let me go.

I was a victim of profiling.  I did nothing wrong, but was treated like a criminal.  I have no complaints because the police were doing their job. 

The people who violated their visas and were detained did commit a crime.  The police arrested them on suspicion of a visa violation and what do you know, they did violate their visa.  Enforcing the law is not criminal, not enforcing it is.

The moral of the story is that if you are arab you should not violate your visa.  SHould the INS round up all visa violators?  Yes.  And they have improved cracking down on all visa violators.  But when theyt started the crackdown should they have focused on Europeans or people from the same nations as teh torrorists?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 07:17:07 PM »

You are clearly correct that they will nto start in on white visa violators.  You cannot start what is already finished.  The INS has mostly cleared its books in visa violators.  They knew they had to buckled down and look good before they all lost their jobs.  WHile there are  certainly still some people here who have violated their visas, they ar efar les sin number now than in a long, long time.

Where is the evidence that most people who were arrested and detained were not in violation of their visa?  This runs counter to the evidence you yourself posted earlier.

What is the case with the man in your community?  You have a link to any details?  I would love to read it.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 11:45:06 PM »

You are clearly correct that they will nto start in on white visa violators.  You cannot start what is already finished.  The INS has mostly cleared its books in visa violators.  They knew they had to buckled down and look good before they all lost their jobs.  WHile there are  certainly still some people here who have violated their visas, they ar efar les sin number now than in a long, long time.

Where is the evidence that most people who were arrested and detained were not in violation of their visa?  This runs counter to the evidence you yourself posted earlier.

What is the case with the man in your community?  You have a link to any details?  I would love to read it.

Here is a link that proves he was found innocent of all charges:

http://www.klewtv.com/x5781.xml?ParentPageID=x5649&ContentID=x55909&Layout=KLEW.xsl&AdGroupID=x5781

Now tell me that this was fair. Over 1 and 1/2 years in jail for nothing. It was all fabricated by the Feds. Do a google search on the him.

"Sami Omar Al-Hussayen"

Just look at the pain prejudism and racial profiling can cause a family and a community.

Question #1: Orenthal James Simpson was found not guilty of murder by a jury.   Does that mean he did not commit the crime?

Question #2:  What were the lesser remaining charges?

Question #3: There appears to be a gap in time from the first site you link to the second site.  What happened that the government manmaged to keep him jailed in that time?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:07:30 AM »

I'm sorry, DOnovan, but I see a number of gaps in your knowledge of the case which contradict your earlier statements that you were personally involved in it.  If you were you would know the full list of charges brought against Sami.

Finally, your debate skills are sorely lacking.  You make broad, unfounded statements and then claim to have never said nor implied them when challenged by John Ford.  WHen challenged on your claims you launch ad hominem attacks.

Oh, Dave has asked us to change the way we post links so it does not stretch the page.  I think he would appreciate it if you fixed your link.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies