Kerry : Tora Bora reference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:51:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry : Tora Bora reference (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Kerry that we let Usama Bin Laden escape in Tora Bora and Bush policies were the reason?
Yes

No

Not Sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Kerry : Tora Bora reference  (Read 11305 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« on: October 01, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »

Wasn't "Tora Bora" one of the Pacific Theater battles of WWII?
You may be thinking of the island of Bora Bora, off the coast of Tahiti in the middle of the Pacific.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 12:55:28 AM »

Anyway it is nice to be a rich white male heterosexual professional contributing member of the ruling class patriachal elite.  Oh yes.  It feels so nice.  Before I tear down the dominant paradigm and rebuild society for the grassroots up, can I bask in the warm glow of my divine right for a minute?  Just of few glorius seconds more?  Must we rush off to some PC utopia of idealistic moralism and enlighened multiculturalism?  Whats so bad about facing up to our duty to shoulder the burdon of our birthright?  Our duty to show the wogs the way to the promised land of freedom.  The way of carefree plastic consumerism.  The way is clear.  We must educate the poor unwashed masses into a better way.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 01:12:28 AM »

Or maybe he is right and he really just pushed your buttons.  I don't think you are a racist, but we have to be careful how we argue the positions that we hold.  As a person born of some privlege, I feel a duty to not lobby to strongly for those with less privlege to be allowed the loss of civil liberties, detention without access to family or counsel (in some cases), selective questioning by government agents, selective investigation by local law enforcement, harrassement, and any other kind of surveillance or unwanted attention whether government sanctioned or not.  I just know that if we ask them to give up their civil liberties this time, it will be me next time.  The Bill of Rights is like a holy gospel to be revered and upheld.  No illegal detentions, and no harrassment or racial profiling.  It is a fast stride toward facism.  I am notdown with the program.  In Orange County the local police sent out post cards to Arab Americans asking them to call in for voluntary interview and some kind of registration.

freedomburns
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies