Government Proposal Discussion: Bicameral Nonparliamentarian (Closed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:55:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Government Proposal Discussion: Bicameral Nonparliamentarian (Closed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Government Proposal Discussion: Bicameral Nonparliamentarian (Closed)  (Read 4847 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:08 PM »

What would this plan entail for regional governments?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »

What would this plan entail for regional governments?

Regionally, I suggested there would be no Governors. I say this because I think the people could be more self governing at the regional level. This might seem hypocritical to my position that everyone should not be a part of the federal government, but it is not. The federal and state governments are separate entities, and I feel that people should have more power in the state government thant the national government. If we had more people in this simulation, then regional governments would make more sense, but as of now, I like the idea of a self-governing region.

Also, and duties normally fulfilled by the governor will be taken by one of the elected delegates of the region. My proposal also calls for cutting each region in half, leaving us with 10 regions. This way, we can have a House of 20, a Senate of 10, and a President and VP.

Your plan would make regions entirely useless, and this is sweetly ironic since you otherwise seem committed to keeping regions viable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies