Australian Redistributions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:29:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Australian Redistributions
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Redistributions  (Read 1008 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »

Since we don't have a Political Geography/Demographics child board on the Internation General Discussion board, I have decided to pop this here to go with all the US redistricting information.

Australia regularly determines the number of electorates (equivalent of your Congressional Districts) each state is entitled to between elections.

At the current redistribution, New South Wales will be losing a seat and Queensland will be gaining a seat. The details are all located here:

http://www.aec.gov.au/Electorates/Redistributions/index.htm
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

Since we don't have a Political Geography/Demographics child board on the Internation General Discussion board, I have decided to pop this here to go with all the US redistricting information.

Australia regularly determines the number of electorates (equivalent of your Congressional Districts) each state is entitled to between elections.

At the current redistribution, New South Wales will be losing a seat and Queensland will be gaining a seat. The details are all located here:

http://www.aec.gov.au/Electorates/Redistributions/index.htm
My favorite is the doughnut plan for NT

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies