TSA Detains Man for Carrying $4,700 of cash (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:45:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  TSA Detains Man for Carrying $4,700 of cash (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TSA Detains Man for Carrying $4,700 of cash  (Read 5805 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:42 AM »

For christ's sakes people its $4,700!  Its nothing.  Only in a place like St. Louis would that seem like a lot of money.

Now if he had like a hundred thousand or something on him, then it would be worthy of interest, though it almost certainly would have nothing to do with drug activity.  Most people who carry large amounts of cash are just doing tax evasion.  But $4,700 is just normal spending money for rich people.

His real crime is probably that he didn't fly first class. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:59 AM »

...he might be arrested if he behaved the way cops - and especially US cops by the way they're portrayed in books and films - don't like to be behaved to.

This is ultimately the real point - cops everywhere, and particularly american cops, are just thugs.  The system, though a violent, brutal, and dangerous one to the lower classes, ultimately will not actually prosecute the worker for having $4,700 cash, since there is no practical reason to do so.  However the cops will beat him silly for being uppity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:30:46 PM »

Slap a TSA patch on a moron and their still a moron.

The TSA is where you work when you can't pass the psych exam to be a cop.

Regular cops are pretty much all crazy morons too though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »

this was a dumb arrest...but, I rarely go through $200 cash in a month.  I just use my credit cards so that I get 1% back.  We typically put $5-8k on our credit cards each month, and the $50-80 a month is a nice bump.

Credit cards are so shabbily middle class.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »

Go ahead and get pulled over by a police officer and let him find out you have that much cash on you and see what happens. Ever heard of asset forfeiture?

How much?  $4,700 or the amount in the roll I pictured?

Funnily enough my dad used to carry thousands of dollars around with him back in the day... still always has something near a grand though he can't actually see the bills any more.  But he came from better days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies