Party Development (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:28:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Party Development (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Party Development  (Read 15113 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: April 05, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »

RPP or no RPP, the party will exist with nearly the same members no matter what the system.  We are the conservatives of Atlasia and we need to unite
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

RPP or no RPP, the party will exist with nearly the same members no matter what the system.  We are the conservatives of Atlasia and we need to unite

But you do understand there are conservatives who are currently outside the RPP, as members of other parties or as independents? Do you think there is any common cause that can be found under a new system and in a new successor party?
I don't know, they are certainly are not many conservatives outside of the RPP.  AndrewCT is about the only one off hand I can think of, possibly Mr. Moderate could be considered a conservative.  The RPP has done a great job of uniting conservatives into one base, people's ability to get others to unite around their cause isn't going to change because we have a convention.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

But if we adopt that "big tent" approach, don't we really break ourselves down into merely two parties?  What I like now is that staunch conservatives (although I mean that in Atlasian terms) fall with the RPP, staunch liberals with the SDP, moderate conservatives/liberals with the DA, and liberals in the Pacific with the JCP.  The 4 party approach with smaller tents does seem to have its benefits.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »

The party system is really the best thing Atlasia has going right now.  You have the RPP which accounts for the conservatives, the SDP accounts for hard leftists (although they actually have very few active voters), the DA accounts for centrists and the JCP is a regionalized liberal party.

I will vote against (and a large majority if not all of my party) will vote against any constitution that caps the amount of members in a party.  If the RPP does not have the right to exist the way it currently does, I will be voting against the constitution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies