opinion of tea baggers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:00:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of tea baggers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
freedom fighters

horrible people

they're funny

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: opinion of tea baggers  (Read 11374 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 15, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »

A dangerous, dangerous group. And I'm not kidding or trying to be funny: the country would be better off without these people. Their pathetic protests today were filled with hatred and ignorance.
How many left leaning protest organizations can you say the exact same thing about?  I'm not defending the teabaggers, I'm pointing out that I hope to see this level of outrage out of you the next time A.N.S.W.E.R. displays hatred and ignorance.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »

A dangerous, dangerous group. And I'm not kidding or trying to be funny: the country would be better off without these people. Their pathetic protests today were filled with hatred and ignorance.
How many left leaning protest organizations can you say the exact same thing about?  I'm not defending the teabaggers, I'm pointing out that I hope to see this level of outrage out of you the next time A.N.S.W.E.R. displays hatred and ignorance.

I don't think there are mainstream liberal protest groups calling for the execution of the President, members of Congress, etc. or encouraging armed insurrection.
Well there's your problem, you think these are mainstream conservatives.

(and I'm pretty sure somebody somewhere has called for the execution of W)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:21:14 AM »

The anger over this is hilarious.  Please, keep it up.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

The anger over this is hilarious.  Please, keep it up.

'Anger'? More like, 'bemused resignation to the inevitable failure of American democracy as an institution'.
You can label it as you want, its coming across as anger.  Maybe a little jealousy.  It's very rare that the left gets to make fun of idiots on the right protesting something.  9 times out of 10 when idiots are protesting something those idiots are on the left*.  Yeah yeah, the left's protests are more noble or whatever and the racism is only aimed at one race instead of the blanket racism you get at right leaning protests.  I suppose the anger is justified since you guys are so rarely on this side of the "free speech zone" Wink

*idiots on the left crave publicity.  idiots on the right hide out in compounds.

note-I'm not calling all "left" protests idiotic or everybody that goes to them idiots.  I'm also in no way supporting or condoning the teabagging.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »

Also, here's something you probably haven't thought of, being a mindless Dittohead, but we need a strong, activist Left, to counteract the militant Right, as well as visa versa: as long as the extremes are roughly equal, free men need not fear either one or the other. But in America we have a potent far-right movement with no leftist counterpart; our 'left' amounts to a great many scene hipsters and corporate liberals.

You'd be right at home in Bibleland, as I'm pretty sure your yellow avatar is just for show. I'd not and never would be, and towards that end I'd support even revolutionary Marxists if it meant restoring some semblance of balance to American politics.
Nope, not angry at all.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »

Every white person is part of the "system"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies