Why Does the World Hate the US? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Why Does the World Hate the US? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The World Hates the US because. . .
Bush

They are all misguided about the facts

I don't think the world hates us

Other, Please Explain

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Why Does the World Hate the US?  (Read 15088 times)
Tory

« on: October 02, 2004, 08:37:16 PM »

I love how the Dems make fun of that line. It really gets me. Here is the party that says we need to get approval from the global community before action in Iraq and they embrace the idea of a coalition for going to war. However, when Bush names these countries the usual response I get is "Well we need major powers." So they're sacrifice isn't notable? We shouldn't care if they aren't a major super power?

And another thing I hear is about this "unilateral" action in Iraq. How is it a "unilateral" act when we had several countries go in with us? Sorry to all the Dems out there but you're line about how we "went in alone" is false.

I would rather fight beside a Pole than a Frenchman any day.
Tory

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:05:23 PM »

I love how the Dems make fun of that line. It really gets me. Here is the party that says we need to get approval from the global community before action in Iraq and they embrace the idea of a coalition for going to war. However, when Bush names these countries the usual response I get is "Well we need major powers." So they're sacrifice isn't notable? We shouldn't care if they aren't a major super power?

And another thing I hear is about this "unilateral" action in Iraq. How is it a "unilateral" act when we had several countries go in with us? Sorry to all the Dems out there but you're line about how we "went in alone" is false.

The USA has 90% of the costs and casualties. Are the contributions of Poland and Austrailia useful and nice to have, yes. Do they save us much in terms of casualties or cost, no.

In your opinion, what other nation could have been on the U.S's side that would have sent a signifigant amount of troops? France or Germany would not have sent large numbers of troops. France might have sent two hundred, Germany wouldn't have sent any. Russia and China wouldn't have sent any.

So while the USA's costs would have been less, the proportion of the troops would not have been any differant.
Tory

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 09:29:51 PM »

Someone get this poor child a mirror!
Tory

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 09:33:49 PM »

Where are those numbers coming from?

It is called a Television, also called a TV. Get one, plug it in, turn it on and watch it. PBS, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and one of those should tell you.

Since you seem to remember the all of the information so accurately I'm sure you could also remember the name of the programme.
Tory

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 12:15:14 PM »

I think the U.S. should stop giving a sh**t about what others think of them.
Tory

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 05:06:11 PM »

I think the U.S. should stop giving a sh**t about what others think of them.

Good advice, Tory. Some of us don't.

Most of us don't have a clue what others think. Ask the average american what folks in estonia think of us and they will ask which state estonia is in

First of all, you aren't a Libertarian, why do you have a Libertarian avatar?

Does it matter what Estonians think of Americans? No. So why should the average American keep up to date on current anti-American sentiment in every single country in the world? They shouldn't, and if they do, then they are pathetic.
Tory

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 09:14:55 AM »

Foriegn countries hate us because the fear us.  We are an econmic and cultural powerhouse and the last superpower with global aspirations.

If they hate us because they fear us, I say GOOD!

I think I remember why I haven't visited this forum in a while.

You need to come back!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies