Why Does the World Hate the US? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Why Does the World Hate the US? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The World Hates the US because. . .
Bush

They are all misguided about the facts

I don't think the world hates us

Other, Please Explain

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Why Does the World Hate the US?  (Read 15068 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: October 02, 2004, 08:59:14 PM »

I love how the Dems make fun of that line. It really gets me. Here is the party that says we need to get approval from the global community before action in Iraq and they embrace the idea of a coalition for going to war. However, when Bush names these countries the usual response I get is "Well we need major powers." So they're sacrifice isn't notable? We shouldn't care if they aren't a major super power?

And another thing I hear is about this "unilateral" action in Iraq. How is it a "unilateral" act when we had several countries go in with us? Sorry to all the Dems out there but you're line about how we "went in alone" is false.

The USA has 90% of the costs and casualties. Are the contributions of Poland and Austrailia useful and nice to have, yes. Do they save us much in terms of casualties or cost, no.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 08:00:16 PM »

There is a very good book about this subject, it's called Why Do People Hate America?. It's fairly short and easy to read.

Basically, people are jealous and angry that we have great power, and that we use it. It's not just military and political power, almost every other economically able nation has copied our culture. It's a combination of many things. Also, they steryoptype us as arrogant cowboys. (I wonder why.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies