Is astrology worthless? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is astrology worthless? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is astrology worthless?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Is astrology worthless?  (Read 8776 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 26, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

Yes.

Yes, it is 100% bullsh!t. I don't like it when people get PC and are like 'Well, it might be right about some things." It's garbage, period. The only horoscopes of any value at all is The Onion's.

Horoscopes are not astrology.

Almost 90% of the people I know actually do match their astrological profile.  I'm not saying it happens for the reasons that "you Venus was in Cancer" but... I find it oddly convincing.

I'm curious then, so what do you think my sign is?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »

Yes.

Yes, it is 100% bullsh!t. I don't like it when people get PC and are like 'Well, it might be right about some things." It's garbage, period. The only horoscopes of any value at all is The Onion's.

Almost 90% of the people I know actually do match their astrological profile.  I'm not saying it happens for the reasons that "you Venus was in Cancer" but... I find it oddly convincing.

Ummm... I honestly don't know enough about you, dude.

Fair enough. It occurred to me after asking that it might be hard to tell details about someone's personality over the internet.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »

Yes.

Ummm... I honestly don't know enough about you, dude.

Fair enough. It occurred to me after asking that it might be hard to tell details about someone's personality over the internet.

I can tell you that air signs, or people with a strong presence of air signs in their chart generally have the strongest leanings toward libertarianism.  So, Aquarius, Gemini and Libra, then, although Libras are usually the most conservative of that group.  Also, fire signs tend to be quite libertarian, if given the proper configuration in the rest of their chart, that would be Aries, Leo and Sagittarius, but Aries tends to be extremely selfish, and all of them are egotistical.  Aries, in particular can be extremely dictatorial, given the right conditions... and I am not just saying that because Hitler was one.  Aries and Taurus are the ultimate "my way of the highway" signs but Aries tends to be far more arrogant about it, where as Taurus is just stubborn.

The other signs all tend towards authoritarianism, generally in the form of "rules and structure."

I'm a member of one of the six more authoritarian signs, so that's a slight problem. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies