Specter to switch parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter to switch parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter to switch parties  (Read 42002 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« on: April 28, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »

What if he loses the DEM Primary?

I'd find that pretty damn funny.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »

Is he going to support card check now?  Am I wrong to think Toomey has a better chance against Benedict Arlen than a real Democrat?

Those are my thoughts. This actually gives the Republicans a better chance of holding the seat, at least in my opinion. Specter will look like a political opportunist.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »

I want every Republican dope on this forum that defended this piece of trash to apologize.
Specter has said that he wil not change his position on card check.

LOL

I apologize. Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

Obviously as a crazy liberal, I am not too pleased.

Crazy liberals prefer not to have health care reform get past a filibuster?

They were going to pass it without putting it to vote on the floor. Republicans wouldn't have been able to filibuster anyway.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »

Or it was maybe because the Republicans have turned into the Party of Palin (alternatively Bloc Dixie) and have shifted far to the right, and the in PA Republicans have lost 200,000+ registered Republicans to the Democratic Party thus shifting the Party Primary electorate even more and maybe it has something to do with the Republicans not tolerating moderates.

That all was obvious before he made firm claims he'd never switch parties and started to reverse his positions on labor

I'm not ignoring the obvious opportunism, I'm just saying that acting like this switch was due to Specter being evill is ridiculous, there are reasons.

Yeah, he switched so he still could be senator.  If the Rasmussen poll showed Specter ahead of Toomey, he would have stayed as a Republican.

Or if the poll had even been relatively close he might have stayed. A long-term incumbent down 21 points in the primary. He had to do something. I kinda can't blame him.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »

I wonder how many crazy right-wingers switch registration to the Democratic party to vote against Specter in the primary.

There's going to be a real Democratic primary?  With Reid, Obama, and Menendez supporting Specter?

What's Menendez got to do with anything? He's not even from the same state.

I didn't realize the guy who recruited and nationally funded Senate candidates had anything to do with Senate races, ok, nevermind.  Smiley

I deleted my post right after I posted it because I realized that after I hit submit. But you're too damn fast and caught my stupidity. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies