Name the next three French Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:47:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Name the next three French Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Name the next three French Presidents  (Read 4043 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: May 01, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »

Ow, I think that could even be presomptuous.

That said, if we don't know a political mess in times to come, I'd say Bayrou is the one that would have more chances in the future. But personally, I think the times are way too foggy to answer that question.

Concerning Copé, I think that guy is the hell of a serial killer in debates, but to gather people around him, to create something around him, that's an other thing. I very doubt he would have the abilities of a real leader.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »

Anyways, where are your own lists ?

In the fog.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »

Why everybody sees Peillon as a prominent candidate ? Huh

Yes, so weird. That guy isn't a leader. He can't gather around him.

Like Wauqiez, not a leader at all.

We're speaking of the president of France, right?

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2009, 04:56:32 PM by Benedict »

Yes, so weird. That guy isn't a leader. He can't gather around him.

We're speaking of the president of France, right?

Was Sarkozy this kind of guy ten years ago?

Oh actually, yeah.

Frankly, I well discovered Sarkozy in 2002, while he became Home Minister, when I saw that guy I told me: "Damn, that guy wanna go far, and I don't see what could stop him", I had that feeling until the nomination of Royal, November 2006, here during a few minutes, I doubted, and then I thought that Sarkozy was still ahead.

Well, OK, in 2002, it might have been easy to see that, but frankly when you look at him earlier, that was that guy who want to be in charge... Remember the "maternelle de Neuilly" for example? (for those who don't know, Sarkozy, mayor of Neuilly at the time, physically involved himself in the ruling of an hostages taking in a school of lil kids)

Throught the young ones, the one that I see as a potential leader in the future is Jean-Christophe Lagarde NC, that guy would have the abilities I think, then, maybe there are others who could have that potential, but I don't think to one by now...

Through other young ones:

Valls is a kitty who think he can become a tiger, Rama Yade could have a potential, but she's a bit too egocentric I feel to become a strong leader in the sens it seems she's not ready to sacrifice a lot of things of her personal life for politics, maybe I'm wrong for her, we'll see. Pécresse is too much a soldier, that's not a leader. I already said what I thought of Coppé.

There is an other interesting personality, Delphine Batho, at PS, supporting Royal until now, she seems enough strong and interesting but I don't know her enough.

Still, there might be some I forget...

Anyways, for the opponent to Sarkozy in our times, the only strong ones I see are:

Bayrou, Strauss-Kahn, and Besancenot.

Besancenot: in case of crash of the economy he would have the most of chances, as well as if the downturn lasts a long time, or maybe just if France enters step by step in a social fever.

Strauss-Kahn: he is very strong, clear, pedagogic, reassuring, a good captain, but if he would have to run against Bayrou, he would appear too much as a technocrat I think, and would loose.

Bayrou: for me he has all the qualities to be the best leader in France nowadays.

All of this is IMO, of course.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »

I don't think that Besancenot has any real chance to ever become president. Yes, he's quite popular, a poll gives him as the third better opponent for Sarkozy. But he remains, and will ever remain an extremist. An extreminst can be very popular, incredibly popular : it can even be qualified for the 2nd round. But the idea that he could get more than 50% is not credible

Yep, that's what I conditioned this possibility to an "extreme situation". An extreme person for an extreme situation.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2009, 12:21:12 PM by Benedict »

I don't think that Besancenot has any real chance to ever become president. Yes, he's quite popular, a poll gives him as the third better opponent for Sarkozy. But he remains, and will ever remain an extremist. An extreminst can be very popular, incredibly popular : it can even be qualified for the 2nd round. But the idea that he could get more than 50% is not credible

Yep, that's what I conditioned this possibility to an "extreme situation". An extreme person for an extreme situation.

With "extreme situation" you mean a second French Revolution ? The Crisis is hard, in France it's hardest than elsewere because we used to have a very efficient welfare state protection that today is breaking. But to elect a man as Besancenot, It would necessarily mean an unbelievable chaos. Is it possible in a democratic state ? I hope it's not.

I think the conditions I've mentioned above could be, we never know, according to the way the situation evolute, give him a chance. His political ideas and what he denounced for years now are more than ever able to have an echo.

I've made a thread to speak about that eventuality:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=94919.0

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »

Oh dear, please not the OMGBesancenot drivel again.

Grin

Did I say, OMG? Let's authorize ourselves to think...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »

Oh dear, please not the OMGBesancenot drivel again.

Grin

Did I say, OMG? Let's authorize ourselves to think...

I think we sufficiently went over Besancenot in the other thread. No need to continue.

Yes, yes, that's why I linked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies