Persepolis for Mideast Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:20:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Persepolis for Mideast Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Persepolis for Mideast Senate  (Read 5913 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »

Do you have even a rough idea regarding the legnth of potential prison sentences for both doctors and/or mothers involved? Follow-up question: If the pregnancy resulted from rape, should the mother face more, less, or equivalent potential prison time than her rapist?

Rape is a circumstance which allows for early-term abortions. The mother should be exempt from any prison time in that case. The rapist should be prosecuted to full extent of the law.

[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying. I misunderstood your position to disallow abortions in cases of rape and incest. Do you also support allowing an exception for a medically verifiable threat to the mother's health? How about med verifiable "significant threat to mother's long term reproductive well-being"?

I'll also repeat my earlier question, which I'm the most interested in answer, as to whether you have a rough idea regarding the potential prison sentence range for doctors and/or mothers who take part in an abortion?
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2009, 03:28:27 PM »

Do you have even a rough idea regarding the legnth of potential prison sentences for both doctors and/or mothers involved? Follow-up question: If the pregnancy resulted from rape, should the mother face more, less, or equivalent potential prison time than her rapist?

Rape is a circumstance which allows for early-term abortions. The mother should be exempt from any prison time in that case. The rapist should be prosecuted to full extent of the law.

Thank you for clarifying. I misunderstood your position to disallow abortions in cases of rape and incest. Do you also support allowing an exception for a medically verifiable threat to the mother's health? How about med verifiable "significant threat to mother's long term reproductive well-being"?

I'll also repeat my earlier question, which I'm the most interested in answer, as to whether you have a rough idea regarding the potential prison sentence range for doctors and/or mothers who take part in an abortion?
[/quote]

Sorry. I managed to overlook your first question. The mother would be charged with a misdemeanor, and the doctor a felony. Based on the circumstances, a judge can decide upon the exact length. If the baby poses a threat to the mother's life, then an abortion would be allowed. However, only endangering her "long-term reproductive health" should be punishable by law, because it would not cause her any difficulties other than the fact that she cannot have another baby. If we allowed an abortion, then that mother would be able to do the same thing again, still risking herself.
Fine...I Made This More Civil
persepolis

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

Thank you to all the citizens who supported me throughout my campaign. However, due to recent occurences, I would underdstand your reasoning to decide not to vote for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies