John Ensign heading to Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:21:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  John Ensign heading to Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: John Ensign heading to Iowa  (Read 9008 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2009, 12:02:58 AM »

how so?
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

It's just the impression he gives when he talks.  He will really come off as a moron if he tries to debate Obama.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 12:46:54 AM »

Anti-Pentecostalism is HUGE. In my very conservative slice of North Dakota, there were frequent cases of Pentecostals getting death threats, vandalized homes, smashing of car windows in the parking lots of their churches, etc.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »

From Politics1...

The Washington Post asked US Senator John Ensign (R-NV) if his upcoming visit to Iowa relates to a possible 2012 White House run. A Presidential run is "not something I would ever rule out," he told the newspaper ...
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »

That would be WONDERFUL.  Run John Run!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:49 AM »

Ensign's visit is starting to look more like a campaign stop:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njonline/no_20090514_2122.php

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »

Question for Republicans/Conservatives: Is there really any enthusiasm for Ensign of which I'm totally unaware? I've never heard of this guy having any constituency outside Nevada--and barely one there judging from his mediocre election record. This guy's name just never pops up among the Romneys Coburns Jindals Thunes Palins Huckabees Sanfords etc, etc. etc. as a wanted commodity. To my knowledge the only thing this guy is remembered for in GOP circles is doing a mediocre to lousy job as NRSC Chair in the last election. Is this just an example of the old saying that any senator currently not under indictment looks in the mirror every morning and sees a potential president?

On a side note, if Ensign runs in 12 that'll leave an opening for his Senate seat which would be a prime takeover target, assuming his presidential campaign doesn't crash and burn early enough for him to run for reelection.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 02:40:01 PM »

I'm certainly excited. He's a fresh face. He satisfies the base. Being Chair of the NRSC last year was a suicide mission for anyone (he's nothing like Dole in 2006). This guy may be...The One.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »

Prediction: Ensign will be the nominee if Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich, Pawlenty, or Thune won't run.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2009, 03:08:47 PM by paul718 »

Well, he's one of the more visible Republican senators, he isn't bad looking, he can speak well, and he's from an important state.  I saw him on one of the Sunday morning shows opposing the automotive bailout a few months ago, and was very impressed.  

Prediction: Ensign will be the nominee if Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich, Pawlenty, or Thune won't run.

I'd favor Gingrich, Romney, and maybe Sanford or Thune over Ensign.  But Ensign can offer everythig Huckabee, Jindal, Palin, and Pawlenty can plus more.  I don't know of any executive experience, but that's become increasingly irrelevant to voters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

Well, I honestly don't think Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich or Thune will run so that's a good start.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »

Well, I honestly don't think Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich or Thune will run so that's a good start.

Sorry, that was badly worded.  What I meant to say was:

Ensign will be the nominee if Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich, Pawlenty, and Thune don't run.

This isn't a case where one candidate doesn't run and Ensign automatically becomes the nominee.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

Sorry, that was badly worded.  What I meant to say was:

Ensign will be the nominee if Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Jindal, Sanford, Gingrich, Pawlenty, and Thune don't run.

This isn't a case where one candidate doesn't run and Ensign automatically becomes the nominee.

Haha, I know what you meant. I was just saying, "Well, half of them aren't running so now we only have to discourage a few others from running."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies