Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:41:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37089 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »

Victory Speech

Last night the people of the Dirty South were gracious and benevolent enough to to bear testiment to my exceedingly strong and meticulous legislative abilities as demonstrated by my illustrious record of success and send me on a return engagement to the Senate for another four months. The last four have definately been an interesting experience and I look forward to the next four months of working with our President and Vice President, the four senators who have shared in victory last night and the other five Senators.

However the results last night also serve as a warning considering that I have lost closed to 25% compared to my results in first preferences back in June eventhough I got the same number of overall votes. This means I need to work on certain flaws that have showed up quite frequently in the last four months and thus newbies have been turned off and been turned away by my actions. I realise that I am not perfect and indeed no one is but I realise that being a Senator means the expectations for me are higher and thus I will strive to do better in the future. I don't forsee insulting someone's Scottishness again  or posting another racial epithet, or being putting on Moderator Review again. These kinds of things have been a hinderence my adjenda and realising this I intend to avoid such distractions in the future.

Thanks and Dave Bless
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »

I look forward to another four months with you as my Senator. Smiley
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »

I look forward to another four months with you as my Senator. Smiley
Agreed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »

Congratulations on your re-election, Mr. Yankee. With your clear vision, tender face, and heavy hands, the Dirty South is once again in good company with you carrying the flag of our great region. Today, children sing, old men laugh, and college co-eds strip in honor of your return to the Senate. May the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth reign showers of riches and glory onto your brow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »

Congratulations on your re-election, Mr. Yankee. With your clear vision, tender face, and heavy hands, the Dirty South is once again in good company with you carrying the flag of our great region. Today, children sing, old men laugh, and college co-eds strip in honor of your return to the Senate. May the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth reign showers of riches and glory onto your brow.

They shall be under arrest for indecent exposure, its agin da law. Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

Just so you know, I have reported the disgusting picture posted above by off all people, a moderator. For what good, I have absolutely now clue.

It was a joke! Anyway, I've taken it down. Apologies for any offense caused.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:03 PM »

Just so you know, I have reported the disgusting picture posted above by off all people, a moderator. For what good, I have absolutely now clue.

It was a joke! Anyway, I've taken it down. Apologies for any offense caused.

Well in that case I apoligize for my harsh action. For some reason I just don't trust/or care for you that much. I don't know why though. Still even if that weren't the case posting swastikas is offensive and untollerable.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »

Congratulations, Yankee, on your re-election! I look foward to working with you in the future. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »

bumpity bump bump bump Smiley

I will take any questions any one may have.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 08:12:19 PM »

WHAT WOULD RUSSELL KNOW ABOUT DIRTY SOUTH VALUES?

Richard Russell(aka Mechaman) claims to be running a campaign on return to Southern values but what would he, a legal resident of Montana, know about "Southern" values. In fact, he will still be registered in Montana long after the next Senate takes office till April. He knows nothing about values and is running one of the most insultingly anti-southern campaign ever. The DS deserves much better them this condescending and narcissistic
 campaign.

This advertisement is sponsored by National Regional Senatorial Committee.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2010, 12:17:55 AM by Richard Russell 2.0 »

WHAT WOULD RUSSELL KNOW ABOUT DIRTY SOUTH VALUES?

Richard Russell(aka Mechaman) claims to be running a campaign on return to Southern values but what would he, a legal resident of Montana, know about "Southern" values. In fact, he will still be registered in Montana long after the next Senate takes office till April. He knows nothing about values and is running one of the most insultingly anti-southern campaign ever. The DS deserves much better them this condescending and narcissistic
 campaign.

This advertisement is sponsored by National Regional Senatorial Committee.

I hate Oklahoma weather, so

Mechaman
Montana
Still DA

So the game mods of Atlasia would make me wait 240 days instead of just 180 days?
That's communism.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2010, 12:45:47 AM »

Endorsed
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2010, 12:48:21 AM »

It doesn't surprise me that Vane would, but you SPC? Really?
I am WAYY CLOSER TO YOU THAN NORTH CAROLINA YANKEE WILL EVER BE.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

I was under the impression that you were running a joke campaign.
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2010, 12:58:50 AM »

He is.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »

Oh yeah, well joke campaign is over now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

TIME TO HALT THE OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING IN NYMAN

Senator Yankee understands the extremely large deficits Atlasia is facing and is determined to fight to preserve our currency and credit rating. If reelected he will seek to cap spending at mid 2009 levels for all of 2010 and 2011 and then cap increases in non-defenses discreationary spending at inflation - 1%. The time for stimulus and spending is over. The time for fiscal restraint has begun.

This advertisem paid for by the Re-elect Senator Yankee in February Campaign.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »

Endorsed! Best of luck to you, my friend. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2010, 06:28:20 PM »

Does anyone have any questions for me as the election approaches?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »

Okay the election will be starting soon and I would just like to say that I look forward to whatever the results and and that if the voters of this great region will be so kind as to reelect me I will continue to fight for this region and the country in the Atlasian Senate, that I will stay true to the values of this region but I won't hessitate to compromise when an opportunity to benefit the greatest good should arise. I thank Gporter, my distinguished opponent, and the voters as well for making this a great compaign. Though I would have prefered a more active and involved campaign, I realise that Atlasia isn't in a very active stage currently.

Thank you and Dave Bless!!!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »

Good luck, friend Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »

Same to you. Smiley
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »

I hope you don't intend on remaining PPT. Your activity levels and attentiveness are quite disappointing.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »

I hope you don't intend on remaining PPT. Your activity levels and attentiveness are quite disappointing.

My activity levels are representative of that of the overal Senate. When I first started I came on every day for at least five hours. But with the next Semester at school here starting and the limited activity, I came one once a day for an hour or two, and at the very least once every other day. I got slowed down over the past few weeks because of things beyond my control but I have never purposely forgotten about the Senate, and I have checked it everytime I come on. I haven't made a decision about the PPT yet. I hadn't expected activity levels in the Senate to die off this way. But were the Senate more active, I would be on more often. I know what my responsiblities are and I never would shirk them. I have been has vocally a critic of this inactive Senate as you are vocally critical of me right now. But I think you are being very disingenious when you criticize my levels of activity when for weeks on hand I was pushing and prodding to get votes conducted on time. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. I would like to know what has motivated your criticism here?

Also I will remind you that the job description has been changed and regular administration duties of the Senate belongs with the Veep unless delegated to the PPT. If Bacon King thought I wasn't active enough he could easily have closed votes and handled the business himself. However he has been less active then me in some instances, so clearly its not me, its a problem with Atlasia as a whole. Give me a more active Senate, and I will be more then happy to focus some effort and attention on it.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

My activity levels are representative of that of the overal Senate. When I first started I came on every day for at least five hours. But with the next Semester at school here starting and the limited activity, I came one once a day for an hour or two, and at the very least once every other day. I got slowed down over the past few weeks because of things beyond my control but I have never purposely forgotten about the Senate, and I have checked it everytime I come on. I haven't made a decision about the PPT yet. I hadn't expected activity levels in the Senate to die off this way. But were the Senate more active, I would be on more often. I know what my responsiblities are and I never would shirk them. I have been has vocally a critic of this inactive Senate as you are vocally critical of me right now. But I think you are being very disingenious when you criticize my levels of activity when for weeks on hand I was pushing and prodding to get votes conducted on time. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. I would like to know what has motivated your criticism here?

Also I will remind you that the job description has been changed and regular administration duties of the Senate belongs with the Veep unless delegated to the PPT. If Bacon King thought I wasn't active enough he could easily have closed votes and handled the business himself. However he has been less active then me in some instances, so clearly its not me, its a problem with Atlasia as a whole. Give me a more active Senate, and I will be more then happy to focus some effort and attention on it.

Well, a certain Northeast Senate candidate doesn't give a damn about activity. He told me in private he is voting for Mr. Moderate. When I asked "Why? He just got booted for inactivity.", he replied that he didn't care about that.

And maybe you, or the VP should do more to increase activity. If you don't want to lead, then don't take a position that requires leadership. One of the reasons I think Smid is an awful VP choice is look at his activity levels- they are nonexistent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies