Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:22:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37062 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2010, 11:06:11 PM by The Demon's Manifestation »

That was a 2009 bill, and you even voted Nay, which was your only post in the thread.

Anyway, now that you've helped me locate the bill in question, I can see that you only made one comment during the whole debate, which was to make a sarcastic joke about Fritz's referring to regional senate races as uncompetitive. I didn't realize that your sarcasm was so effective at defeating legislation.

Read the PM I sent you.  All you have done here is display a negative consequence of your repetative periods of innactivity. I worked extensively behind the scenes and as I said, much of the debate occured in the last thread prior to the bill coming up. Most of the battle was defeating the Amendment Amendment. Notice that from the begining it was said in the Senate Reorganization Amendment debate that, "This will likely fail" even by its supporters. There is a reason they were saying that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »

The sarcastic remark I thought was quite effective at destroying the assertion that At-Large seats are more competative by showing the special election history. That was one of the most prominent arguements for Abolition combined with the arguement that it would prevent strategic registration, something which was caused by elements within the RPP that I stood firmyl against some of whom left and formed the party you currently retain membership in.  Fortunately most of the Populares are now firmly Pro-Regional Senate seats and most were all along.

Since my rise to leadership the RPP has been returned to its pro-Regioanlist roots that certain folks seemed to no longer care about. This is established fact. There has not been a single organized effort to abandon regionalism within the party since.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »

I do admit that I bear fault for going inactive for periods of time when the riggedness of the game irritates me. Anyway, looking at the vote over the Amendment Amendment, it seems like the only reason it failed was because RowanBrandon wasn't thrown out of the Senate. As far as your supposed influence on getting the Senate to reject bad legislation, you even admit that:
Its not like you ever paid attention to what I had to say anyway.

Sounds like you were victim to the same disrespect that you claim other Senators would give to me if I were elected.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »

That was a 2009 bill, and you even voted Nay, which was your only post in the thread.

Anyway, now that you've helped me locate the bill in question, I can see that you only made one comment during the whole debate, which was to make a sarcastic joke about Fritz's referring to regional senate races as uncompetitive. I didn't realize that your sarcasm was so effective at defeating legislation.

The bill you are talking about is not an abolition of Senate seats it is a Partnership proposal to allow them to partner up. It was a politically motivated stunt by certain people that would have led to more Strategic Registrations not less. Thats why I voted no.

You can't take this stuff at face value, SPC. There are complex debates involved and you continue to display that you would be less effective at defending Regional powers then I have been and will continue to be. That bill you mentioned there would have led to potential of mass registrations to force a Region into a partnership and then suddenly a large party has two seats instead of oen. Imagine for example lots of PAcific JCPers moving in and partnering the IDS with the Pacific. Suddenly the JCP has two guarranteed Senate seats. Thats why I voted no. You would have voted yes based on just the title, no?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »

The sarcastic remark I thought was quite effective at destroying the assertion that At-Large seats are more competative by showing the special election history. That was one of the most prominent arguements for Abolition combined with the arguement that it would prevent strategic registration, something which was caused by elements within the RPP that I stood firmyl against some of whom left and formed the party you currently retain membership in.  Fortunately most of the Populares are now firmly Pro-Regional Senate seats and most were all along.

Since my rise to leadership the RPP has been returned to its pro-Regioanlist roots that certain folks seemed to no longer care about. This is established fact. There has not been a single organized effort to abandon regionalism within the party since.
I hardly condone the actions of Hamilton. I joined Populares since it seemed that libertarians had gained control of that party, not due to any support of an anti-regionalist plot by Hamilton. If you are going to use guilt-by-association against me, then you would also have to apply that against our Presidential candidate. Also, if you are going to use your record of effectiveness against me, it ought to be remembered that if not for my efforts in my days (before you were even a member of Atlasia), the Regional Protection Party wouldn't even exist and regional senate seats would have been abolished a long time ago. Alas, I was unsuccessful in stopping the amendment to abolish district seats led by Jas and President Colin "I don't give a sh**t about the regions" Wixted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2010, 11:21:22 PM »

I do admit that I bear fault for going inactive for periods of time when the riggedness of the game irritates me. Anyway, looking at the vote over the Amendment Amendment, it seems like the only reason it failed was because RowanBrandon wasn't thrown out of the Senate. As far as your supposed influence on getting the Senate to reject bad legislation, you even admit that:
Its not like you ever paid attention to what I had to say anyway.

Sounds like you were victim to the same disrespect that you claim other Senators would give to me if I were elected.

That was directed at a single person, Marokai Blue, one of the bills biggest supporters. Not towards Hans-im-Gluck, or Afleitch who were my target audience. They did listen. I actually reached out to Hans directly after he said he supported Regionalism and I described what had occured in the process and firmed him up as a Nay voter. I am not taking all the credit for this bills defeat but, it would be impossible without my focused actions to have avoided a compromise on the Amendment Amendment for instance that reduced the number of Senate seats needed.

SPC, I like you quite a lot, and I don't want this to go so far as to ruin that. But if you continue to misrepresent my record on regionalism after I put so much into defeating abolition of Regional Seats, Seat partnerships, and the amendment, and worked to steer the RPP back in favor of Regionalism after it had reached a point of willingness to abandon them to become just a "Conservative" Party to use your words. I was the one who changed that direction within the party.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »

I think I made it clear earlier that I would have voted against the amendment to allow regions to form partnerships. And don't take anything I say personally, I respect you for the work you did within the RPP and stopping Hamilton. I am running based on policy, and your voting record shows a willingness to increase the size of the federal government. In the spirit of the game, I hope to give the IDS a competitive senate election for once.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »

Wow, those threads brought back memories. It's hard to believe how close the anti-regionalists came to victory in retrospect.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »

I hardly condone the actions of Hamilton. I joined Populares since it seemed that libertarians had gained control of that party, not due to any support of an anti-regionalist plot by Hamilton. If you are going to use guilt-by-association against me, then you would also have to apply that against our Presidential candidate. Also, if you are going to use your record of effectiveness against me, it ought to be remembered that if not for my efforts in my days (before you were even a member of Atlasia), the Regional Protection Party wouldn't even exist and regional senate seats would have been abolished a long time ago. Alas, I was unsuccessful in stopping the amendment to abolish district seats led by Jas and President Colin "I don't give a sh**t about the regions" Wixted.

I am not using guild by association, I am responding to an earlier incorrect charge that the RPP had stopped supporting regions. Hamilton never had a particular "anti-Regional plot". He has his goals and would throw anything he regarded as worthless at the time away. At one point, losing Regional Senate seats were the acceptable price of strategic registration to him. I like the Populares party and its members. They have changed very much and I am glad to have the support of Governor JBrase and Senator Dallasfan65 in this race. I think that the treatment the Populares have received and continue to receive is both unfair and extremely counterproductive to any goals those people had, if any at all, which with leftists you really can't tell.

I dont' deny the work you have done in the past. This race is not about the past however, it is about the future. And whether you have the relationships and ability to build the relationships with the current players who are very different from way back then.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2010, 11:33:32 PM »

Wow, those threads brought back memories. It's hard to believe how close the anti-regionalists came to victory in retrospect.

I know. It was scary and fun at the same time.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2010, 11:39:44 PM »

I dont' deny the work you have done in the past. This race is not about the past however, it is about the future. And whether you have the relationships and ability to build the relationships with the current players who are very different from way back then.

In my last stint in the Senate, I changed HappyWarrior from one of my most vehement critics to lamenting my loss. I don't see why I couldn't do so again with current Senators. By the way, if the race isn't about the past, then isn't mentioning your victory over the anti-regionalist hydra irrelevent?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2010, 11:42:28 PM »

In my last stint in the Senate, I changed HappyWarrior from one of my most vehement critics to lamenting my loss. I don't see why I couldn't do so again with current Senators. By the way, if the race isn't about the past, then isn't mentioning your victory over the anti-regionalist hydra irrelevent?

In proving effectiveness? Yes

In proving support for Regions, no.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »

Anyway, I don't believe you ever answered my question about introducing legislation to expand the powers of the regions rather than simply leaving them as is.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2010, 11:59:39 PM »

I think I made it clear earlier that I would have voted against the amendment to allow regions to form partnerships. And don't take anything I say personally, I respect you for the work you did within the RPP and stopping Hamilton. I am running based on policy, and your voting record shows a willingness to increase the size of the federal government. In the spirit of the game, I hope to give the IDS a competitive senate election for once.

I will admit that I have been willing to increase the size of the gov't at times I don't find anything wrong with that because I am not diametrically opposed any gov't involvement. I voted agianst the Atlasian National Health Care Reform law or whatever it was named and such future expansions of gov't that are excessive and unecessary. In the future I am more then willing to look at devolving previously passed bills to the Regions or trying for an outright appeal if practical. I am working on improving one of my biggest pieces of legislation that I got passed. Unfortunately the Senate seems to just ignore large bills when it comes to amending them. I do think we need financial regulations at the federal level.

And as for the Currency law you referenced earlier, I am a supporter of a single national currency and I don't think that chaotic multi-currency schemes would be very stable or successful. I have always been a little bit hessitant with some of the bills offered in the south by DWTL and yourself and even PiT. And many times I have voted no because I don't think they are wise courses to take. I wasn't elected to be rubber stamp for any ideology or adjenda, I was elected to make tough choices and in my time I will admit some of my votes were probably wrong and should have been done differently, but I don't regret that I decided to vote Aye at the time because I think that was well within the reasons why I was elected. I was very clear in June 2009 that I wasn't a Libertarian, I am sympathetic to some Libertarian ideas and candidates but like any other ideology, it has it s drawbacks which in some cases are quite significant, hence why I don't adhere 100% to any ideology. I do have values, limits, and boundaries which seem so rare in this game, and I do have a lot of issues which I fall to the right of the political spectrum.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2010, 12:07:01 AM »

Anyway, I don't believe you ever answered my question about introducing legislation to expand the powers of the regions rather than simply leaving them as is.

Actually I just did. I have priorities, I try to get in everything I want to offer, some times I can't. If a citizen of the IDS wants it faster they can always write it and give it to me and then I will introduce it for them and allow the them to argue for it. And if they make a good case and arguement, there is a strong chance they will win my vote and a lot of other votes in the Senate.

PiT can verify that he did get the bill he wanted for the most part on the drinking age and I did vote Aye. IT wasn't how I intially constructed the law because PiT had me write it whereas if he wrote himself it would have started out the way it ended up at the beginning. He understands that and I think that is very reasonable. I did introduce a bill with the intent of giving Regions the power to allow more people to drink at a younger age, it got amended into a complete repeal of any limits on Regional power to regulate the drinking age and any funding mechanism tied to it as an inducement, and I voted Aye on the final bill.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:23 AM »

We prefer the term "centralists."

And besides, the arguments for both the Senate Partnerships and the Amendment Amendment were impregnable. Failure was only due to the fact that opposition was fanatically and irrationally determined to argue nothing and vote no.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »

And besides, the arguments for both the Senate Partnerships and the Amendment Amendment were impregnable. Failure was only due to the fact that opposition was fanatically and irrationally determined to argue nothing and vote no.

How so?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2010, 01:35:25 AM »

& I prefer the term "waffle train conductors". What are you going to do about it?

Perhaps the proponents would have fared better were they not led by a hardcore metaphysician who rejects such irrational concepts as "subjective preference". Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2010, 02:37:33 AM »

Now I know my opinion is meaningless, since I am one of those horrible irrational opponents, but last time I checked, Atlasia was a game. The time before that that I checked, a game is supposed to be fun. So then, what's so wrong about me opposing a change that would diminish my enjoyment of the game, such as the proposed elimination of regional Senate seats or the proposed change ot the amendment process?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »

Speech in Dallas
October 17, 2010

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! TEXAS!!!!!

It's great to be back in this fine state tonight. Ladies and Gentleman, the election is getting closer to closer and its imperative that we remain strong and enthusiastic going into this election. I realize recent polling has us falling behind in our reelection challenge, but we must not see that as a reason to get discouraged but as a reason to work harder. We have a broad coalition of great supports, I would like to thank my good friends Darth PiT, and Emperor Jbrase for coming out here. I am also pleased to welcome other distinguished people and the many thousands of great Texans out here before me today.

We face tough challenges in this country. We face a Senate that lumbers forward lethargically like some wounded animal. We have just seen the entire consitution be rewritten and yet we see it barely even makes a dent into the activity levels of the game. We see people engaging in desperate campaign tactics at the national level and we have seen misinterpretations in this contest here as well. I understand more then anybody why people would want to go innactive, but we must continue on, we must fight, and we must win. Otherwise there will be no hope for this game of Atlasia. Atlasia needs passion, it needs vigor, it needs liveliness. I have a record of making things lively. I have never shied from asking tough questions from nominees and forcing them to elaborate. Before I got elected, there was a tendency to let people slide through confirmation with little or no oversight. "oh yeah, he is a great guy and will do a fine job..." is heard fairly common in confirmation hearings. There is no disrespect towards a guy for asking what he would do and why, what he thought about the office he had been selected for. We have taken actions to battle against a rough economy, but at the same time we kept our wits about us and voted no whenever a poor case was made for spending money on something. I have always tried to remain skeptical and question other bills and demand strong reasons for passing it and why it was necessary. Nothing irritates me more then to see bills pass for no reason, bills pass that are reduntant, or bills that have little to no impact. I realize some of you may disagree with some of my votes and bills. I realize for instance that many of you oppose the Federal Reserve and thus bringing it into the simulation you may consider it to be a bad idea. I think it will instead create a more effective economic simulation and if you disagree with it you no have something to argue against and call for the repeal off. I am more the willing to improve and reform the Fed in the future based on the Game Moderator's suggestion and based on fixing some of its drawbacks.

In less then a week, the voting will begin and we need to be fired up, pumped up and ready to go. Are your fired? (YEA!!!!!!!) Are you pumped up? (YEAAAAAAA!!!!) ARE YOU READY? (YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!) Who are you going to go vote for? (YAAANNNKKKKEEEE!!!!!!!!!!)

Goodnight everybody, Love ya!!!!
(Yankee, Yankee, Yankee, Yankee, Yankee)

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »

To your credit, you're now the only person which is trying to move lazy Senators asses.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »

Speech in Mobile, Alabama
October 19, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman, today I come here not to talk about my opponent but to talk about something serious and something that is a very fundamentla problem and challenge here in Altasia. This problem is a severe and utter crisis and yet it isn't even being addressed by the Social Demoratic elements and the JCP's. What is this utter crisis, that is being ignored and not give the attention it deserves? What is this issue that NC Yankee comes down here to be speak to you about? What is this issue that the current administration has failed to address. It is very simple. RENT IS TOO DAMNED HIGH!!!. Yes sir, RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH. Single mothers with little children are working three jobs for minimum wage and can't afford to provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner to their kids. Why can't these poor unfortunate souls provide for their families, BECAUSE THE RENT IS TOO DAMNED HIGH!!!! Yet this severe crisis is not being addressed in atlasia. No one cares. No one in Atlasia cares that your RENT IS TOO DAMNED HIGH!!!!! Not even that funky guy from Poland. It is essential that this crisis be addressed. I am NC Yankee and I's a running for the IDS Senate seat and you know the reason why. Because the rent, is too damn high.

This is SATIRE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

Memphis, Tennessee
Oct 21, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman, election time is almost upon us. Soon you will be going and voting in the election and choosing candidates for President, for Senate and Governor. At this point some of you however may be undecided as to you who to support. I would just like to make one last pitch to help you make your decision. Since being elected last year, I promised that I would remain consistent in my demand that we have real confirmation hearings and not just popularity contests for cabinet and gov't officials. I have insisted that Regional Senate seats been maintained and worked to devolve gov't programs from the Federal gov't to the Regions such as a minimum wage comprise bill I wrote but did not get passed and more recently legislation dealing with the legal drinking age. I have always had a primary focus on the economy and I have put what I consider to be the best approach above what anyone's personal ideology has demanded, hence my willingness to accept stimulus but urgining firm cautioning of and discouragement from engaging in popular but ill-thought out protectionism which could trigger a virulent reaction around the world and thus hurt our economy even more. I have insisted that bills have a firm purpose and those that didn't serve as a emergency stimulus should be funded and not put on the debt, like the recent highway bill that passed. I have insisted that there were critical ethical lines in Atlasia, ones that should be honored and not thrown away for political expediency, as well as to work against the interests of those who did not agree with that crucial concept. I have worked to create and shape a framework under which a strong debate on economics and fiscal issues can occur without blind talking points or broad assumptions. I have maintained an open door policy with my Senate office and created a new concept of actually letting my consituents create legislation that I can introduce for them and thus bring there voice to the Senate to argue for that issue whether I agree with it or not. If you decide to vote me, I am extremely thankfull and I thank you for your vote, if you don't vote for me, I thank you for participating in the election process. Thank you and GO VOTE

NC Yankee jumps into his sedan and is driven to the airport to catch a plane to RDU international airport.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

Victory Speech
October 25th

Cheers from the crowds
THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Ladies and Gentleman, we did it! More cheers You did it, you knocked on doors, distributed that street money, went into neighborhoods, even those that weren't considered winnable. You distributed signs, flyers, and cards. You got your friends and family out to vote early and often. You not only walked you crawled over the broken glass to get to the polls. Latinos, African Americans, Asians, and whites. Young and old. RPPer, Populares, JCPers, DCPers, indies and members of various third parties. Today you sent a message that you want accountability, you want ethical and effective leadership. You want a committment to good gov't and promoting activity. In the next four months, I plan to best Regional Senator I can be.

Thank you and Dave bless you!!!!
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »

Victory Speech
October 25th

Cheers from the crowds
THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Ladies and Gentleman, we did it! More cheers You did it, you knocked on doors, distributed that street money, went into neighborhoods, even those that weren't considered winnable. You distributed signs, flyers, and cards. You got your friends and family out to vote early and often. You not only walked you crawled over the broken glass to get to the polls. Latinos, African Americans, Asians, and whites. Young and old. RPPer, Populares, JCPers, DCPers, indies and members of various third parties. Today you sent a message that you want accountability, you want ethical and effective leadership. You want a committment to good gov't and promoting activity. In the next four months, I plan to best Regional Senator I can be.

Thank you and Dave bless you!!!!

Dixiecrats for Yank!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies