Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 36819 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »

Hello Houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Houston Astrodome(Crowd gives long strong Aplause). It sure is great to see you all pumped on the eve of the most important election this country has faced in years. An election(Interupted by cheering), An election in which we are going to win the White House.(YYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA, PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT) Wow! this place is not hyperactive its damn near radioactive. An election in which the era of inactive cabinent members will be brought to end. An election in which the era of the President expecting Senators to read his mind ends. An election after which we will not only get a GM, but also get one that plans on doing the job.(Down with Ebowed). No hold on there Ebowed is a dedicated public servent of many years who deserve our respect. However this country deserves to have active servents and we can't just give out offices and let those people keep those offices based on past glories and friendships without any reliance on proven results in the present. In this election we have the chance to turn the page and write a new better chapter in Atlasias history or we can stay course and give four more years to the status quo. We can put behind us the partisanships of the past and create a new, productive, post-partisan era in which we are results oriented and future focused. An era in which officials do there jobs and the jobs render themselves to being done by being redefined with there goals, mission, responsibilities and duties clearly stated. An era in which failing is not an option and mediocracy is not acceptable. All this and more is possible if we elect Senators PiT and HappyWarrior to the White House (PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT PiT). But the truth is we can't afford to wait, we can't afford four more years of the JCP status quo. We can't afford four more years of mediocracy and we can't afford four more years of failure. What we need right now is change. This country is aching, moaning, and groaning for change. But I have good news for you ladies and gentleman tonight, the tide is turning, slowly, inexerably toward that end. They have held the White House so long that they have run out of ideas, run out of energy, run out of direction, and they ought to be run out of town, and with your help we can so get out and go vote, the power of change is in your hands, the voting starts in one hour. SO GO VOTE!!!!!

Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!!

(NC Yankee leaves the stage and hurries to a limo, which takes him to a private jet fueled and ready for take off for Raleigh, NC. There preparations continue for the last speech of the campaign and after that, in secret, a venue is being fitted for NC Yanks victory Speech.)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2009, 11:10:46 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

Good Evening Charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!! Charlotte, North Carolina. (Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank). Its great to be back home after a long hard region wide campaign. And its also great to see all of you so enthusiastic tonight. Thats good. The election is less the 30 minutes away. I hope you all take that enthusiasm to the voting booth. I come here tonight to ask yall to vote for me. The reason I think you should vote for me is that I will never forget who got me to the senate, the people of the Dirty South. I will always stand up for this region in the Senate and look afters its interests. I will stand up for the rights of all regions and I will not cease when it comes to draconian attempts by Fmr Senator Lief or anyone else who wants to abolish or reduce the number of regions. I believe that in this case that extremism in the defence of libery is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. I will also apply this when it comes to protecting the rights and liberties that all Southerners and all Atlasians hold dear.

As your senator, I will work to create a new, vibrant, effective and results oriented nation where newbies are actively encouraged to join and feel welcomed and feel at ease petitioning there officials, writing papers, or campaiging to encourage a certain opinion on constituitonal admendments. I however do not favor a system where a guy can run for senate instantly upon joining and have done nothing else within the forum. Thats why I am strongly encouraged and hopefull about the Constitutional Amendment proposed tonight, this is not an endorsment of that, yet, I need to see how the debate progress before I can endorse it. I will work with members of the both my party and DA to achieve Game Moderator Reform, I think that all Gov't offices need to be reformed to avoid ending up where we are now. As Senator I will work to encourage to the new Governor to adopt an assembly similar to one currently in existence in the Mideast.

As your senator I will proudly follow in the footsteps of Senator PiT as a devouted member of the RPP, a fervent regionalist, an advocate of limited gov't and a force for reform. I hope you will go out and vote for me and for Senator PiT to be President.

Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!!!!!!!!!

(NC Yankee does a quick ropeline and heads to his limo to get back on the plane for the last leg of the journey to Raleigh were he will await the results and give his victory speech.)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:22 PM »

Great speeches, I must say. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »

Great speeches, I must say. Smiley

Well I can't take all the credit, I did borrow a little from Obama, Biden, Goldwater, Bill Clinton, and Jesse Jackson.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »

Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, NC
                                         Victory Speech

(Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank) Can I have your attention, please. Ladies and Gentleman, WE DID IT!!!!!. (YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Yank, Yank, Yank, Yank, Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank Yank), First off I just want to thank all of you who went out stood in line and voted, you are the ones who made this possible. Next I want to thank all of my staff and my volunteers, you guys truly did the legwork of this campaign. Finally I would like to thank my friends and family for there support of me in this endeavour, without that this would never have gotten off the ground.

Today I am not the only one who has won. You have won. You have shown your support for reform, for bipartisanship, for protecting the regions and for protecting individual liberty. In the the coming weeks I will move forward to reform the position of Game Moderator, push the officials of the Southeast to move toward a regional legislature, work with the next President to find commong ground on our shared goals and opposed all actions that I find detrimental to the people of the Southeast and Atlasia as whole. I have already worked to craft legislation with members of other parties and I plan to continue to operate in a similar fashion. I however am not afraid to stand alone in the Senate as the voice of reason against improper solutions to our countries problems. I am proud to have been chosen by you the people of the Dirty South to represent you in our countries highest delibrative body, and I hope you will be pleased with my representation.

Let us not forget that this election is not yet over, Senators PiT and Happywarrior are two very able bodied statesmen and I hope you will put them in the White House. In the Mideast Assemblyman Dan will make a fine Senator I look forward to working with him in the Senate should he be elected. We also have, in the Midwest, Senator MasterJeddi experienced an able bodied politician and public servent of many years who would do the Midwest well should he be reelected to a second term. Finally I want to congratulate Senator-elect Hashmite, and Senator-elect MaxQue on there  victories and I look forward to serving with both of these cabable individuals.

Thank you and Dave Bless the Dirty South and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »

Lay off the exclamation marks a little, eh?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2009, 12:54:54 AM »

I look forward to working with you on game reform when you are sworn into the Senate. Congrats! Now let's make sure PiT and HappyWarrior are there to lead us on this path.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »

I look forward to working with you on game reform when you are sworn into the Senate. Congrats! Now let's make sure PiT and HappyWarrior are there to lead us on this path.

I look forward to working with you as well.

But why? It shows passion, and it shows excitement. Plus I don't want to sound like Bob Casey Jr. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Bumping this for use during the campaign.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »

There shall be a speech up by this weekend.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »

MIAMI, FLORIDA

Senator NC Yankee Steps out of the Limo flanked on either side by A.S.S. guards and Miami-Dade police following behind

HHHEEEELLLLOOO MIAMI!!!!!!!!!(Yank, Yank, Yank,) Today I come to talk to you about an issue which you are all to familiar with, the economy. As I am sure you are aware, South Florida has become Ground Zero in this economic collapse. Its hard to find a street corner where there isn't at least a couple homes for sale. Unemployement first appearing in Realty, Construction, and Home finance, has now spread to all sectors hitting Manufacturing the hardest of all. Everyday another person is laid off, another home is forclosed, and another small business owner is forced to close up shop because either his sales have died or the bank has cut his access to credit. Everywhere you look people who have faught, worked hard, and done everything right to achieve the American dream have had it torn right out from under them by Avarice on Wall Street, Neglect and willful ignorance in Nyman, and fear, both real and irrational, in the minds of consumers.

I don't need to tell you of the severity of this economic tragedy, you have lived it, you have experienced it first hand. You know how painful it is, how destructive it can be, and how good people got kicked back down after years of effort.

Last year under the Presidency of the honerable Mr Moderate, the Senate passed a regulatory overhaul of our nationions financial regulatory regime. It was however a half measure that addressed only part of the problem with limited success at that. The bill created gave the President the abililty to deal with at risk banks. I think this was not clearly laid out enough and it lacked the necessary guidlines. This came to ahead this passed week with the collapse of Eagles Bank and the confusion it created in Nyman. The Senate merely turns it head way and the people on the ground were left to clean up the mess with no help from the top echelons of Gov't. Some have suggested a Tarp style bailout to deal with the failing banks and quasi banks. I am firmly against this type of plan. So in the next week I will offer legislation that will take the "Resolution Authority" From the President and give it to a new agency that will step in to situaitons where a quasi-bank is about to go bankrupt and clean up the mess, either with a debt for equity swap, a merger, or a controlled Liquidation that doesn't destroy the financial markets. This agency will have clear set guidlines of when and how to step into a situation. AND NO TAX PAYER MONEY WILL GO TO BAILOUT BANKS or quasi banks(YYEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!).

For Regular banks I want to recapitalise and Strengthen the FDIC. That last thing we need is a run on the banks because a lack of confidence in deposit insurance. I want to create an emergency line of credit through the treasury that the FDIC can access if it becomes insolvent. (NO TAX PAYER MONEY for banks, get out of here you dirty lying fraud, a scruffy looking character lunges for the stage but he is grabbed by A.S.S. guards and halled off). People, please. The FDIC guarrantees your deposits, not shareholders or irresponsible executives. It is what makes our banks the safest in the world. I also want to increase the FDIC's regulatory authority to increase control over traditional banks.

However traditional banks were never the problem the real problem was in the investment banks, hedge funds etc. There is a whole slew of things ignored last year. One of them was the Credit Defult swap. The Commodities futures modernisation act needs to be repealed or modified to kill the CDS monster before it strikes again the economy. We need limits on Leveraging, new minimum reserve requirements, and we need to regulate the financial ratings agencies.

We need new guidlines on lenders to deal in home loans. Such as giving debt-Income comparison as much weight as the Credit score.

I want to strengthen the Feds power to regulate as well. Lastly I want to create a "Bank Oversight Board" consisting of the Fed Chairmen, the head of the FDIC, the Treasury Secreatary, and lastly the head of the new Resolution agency. This board needs to meet with the President once a month and the Senate twice a year and give thorough reports.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

I'm glad to hear that you'll be opposing bailouts. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »

That's too bad. I always support bailing out Wall Street!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »

He's not the only one. I do as well. Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »

He's not the only one. I do as well. Wink

Make that three. I'm against a bailout too Smiley I think I ranted about it two weeks ago but can't for the life of me remember where...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »

San Antonio, Texas
                                       Responsible Immigration policy and the Economy

Hola, San Antonio. ¿Cómo estás? (Crowd shows wild elation) Usted está muy excitado hoy.

Today I wish to discuss the immigration. But you can't discuss immigration without touching on the economy since the two are intertwined. People don't immigrate to a country with a horrible economy likewise people don't leave an economy that is in good condition unless there are political or social problems. Immigration effects the economy. It brings in new workers leading to increases in productivity, the root source of economic strength. It also can have negative effects such as wage Depression. Bringing in more people then a certain field can support will lead to employers lowering wages. When its hard to find workers employers do the opposite.  Thus it becomes necessary to control immigration to effectively control the economy.

First off we must deal with illegal Immigration. The affect they have on wages is even worse then the effect of immigrants in general cause employers exploit them and make them work sub minimum wage levels. We must aim enforcement at the employer and require the implementation and use of E-Verify to end forever the "we didn't know excuse". We must make the penalties much stricter for the employers who violated the law. We must also reduce other magnets that attract illegals by not giving illegals Drivers licenses, in-state or even out of state tuition, or access to gov't entitlements except in Emergency care of life threatening illness or injury. We need to increase the number of border patrol but also ICE and other officials in charge of Interior Enforcement. We need to increase communication between Courts and law enforcement agencies so that if an illegal is picked up for spitting on a side walk he is not released except to ICE.

As to Legal Immigration we just cannot continue to let hordes of unskilled labor into the country. As such we need to change the focus of our immigration laws to increase immigration among highly educated people who will pay more in taxes then they receive in benefits, increase productivity levels, help sustain our entitlements and grow our economy; and have less immigration of low skill uneducated labor who end up in either Construction or Manufacturing both of which are in terrible condition economically. For now I want to see what the regions enact. But eventually I intend to push legislation in the Senate to achieve these goals.

Ending wage Depression here will be an important step to stabilising the World economy and more importantly our economy.

Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia.

NC Yank is rushed to his limo as he is pelted with fruit and even rocks be the angered crowd.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. Your Spanish wasn't even grammatically correct.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. Your Spanish wasn't even grammatically correct.

Thats because I am only in Spanish II. Give me a break. A member of your own party said worse. I don't if it was parody or not, so I don't want to here it from you or anyone else.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 07:12:56 AM »

Graciously do I welcome the new entrant into my chamber of Horrors.. er Senate Race. I hope Xahar enjoys his stay in the "TEMPLE OF DEATH" BWWWWAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yea I know Halloween is still a few weeks a way but its close enough. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 07:43:05 AM »

Jackson, Mississsippi

Just yesterday evening a new candidate entered the race for Southeast Regional Senator. While I welcome my distinguished oponent and wish him the best of luck, I must say that I think the path he wants to take would be a very bad one. He is running for a Regional Senate seat, yet he wants to have them abolished. He claims they cause everything from innactivity, to Strategic Reregistration, to Cancer, and death. He claims they are innactive yet for the first time in over a year, the Southeast Senate seat is competative and there are three other Regional Senate seats that are competative. How many At-large were competative in August? One, maybe two, but thats a big stretch. We won't have many At-large elections like April or December with large populations, and strong parties. This of course was something that my distringuised opponent and his compadres didn't take into account, primarily cause there ideas were based largely on the fact that if they weren't enacted we have have less then half the population we have now and instead we about twice as many as we did in May. Now larger populations create some problems but these can be easily dealt with. Yet my distinguished opponent, instead of working to forge a compromise on an amendment to solve one of those problems, merely comes back peddling the same idea he has for two years. I wonder if my distinguished opponent thinks abolishing Regional Senate seats will also cure the economy and end the HIV virus. My distinguished opponent claims that one of the things that would be solved by there abolition is strategic reregistering. Yet when asked how his plan, which contains a Council of Governor's, would not also lead to the same problem, then Strategic Reregisteration is now longer relevent. So which is it? The Dirty South deserves much better then this classic bait and switch.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:08 AM »

I would be much more inclined to read your posts if you paragraphed more often. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »

I would be much more inclined to read your posts if you paragraphed more often. Tongue

Sorry. I had a great post that was longer and actually much better but I only logged on at school for 60 minutes and my session timed out so I lost it all. This is the 10 minute remake up top.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

New Orleans, LA                                              

Senator Yankee arrives shortly after 5:00 PM, after a few minutes he reaches the stage. The crowd is very active and lively, the weather is nice. A truly lovely day.

(Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank! Yank!) I hear you, the rest of the Southeast hears you, and soon those people in Nyman will hear all of us soon. In just a few short hours the election will begin and you will be given a chance to send a message to all those people in Nyman who kept saying "We can't fix the games problem, we can only shrink the game to match the what the future will". You can send a message to such small thinking bred by small minds from people in Nyman who claim they have the only solution to our problems. Those people in Nyman don't have the solution to our problems, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM(Crowd erupts into loud applause).

In just a few short hours, you will be able to send a message, that protecting innocent families from the destructive impact of ID Theft is an important issue.

In just a few short hours, you can tell the people of Nyman that we not only can have an Active GM but an interactive Gov't with the GM at its center.

In just a few short hours, you can tell the people of Nyman just how important you think Regional Senate seats are.

In just a few short hours you can tell the people who find this "little" think called a recession that they find to be an inconvenience to there adjendas just how much economic pain you are in and how important it really is to you.

In just a few more hours, you can send a message to thos boys that the "Good ole boy" network is dead and all nominees will be receiving tough questions. No more appointments of washed up has beens who think Atlasia is their little sand box and they can continue to play it the same way they did in 2007.

You can send a message that you think its important to have someone stand up and take a very unpopular view on certain libertarian bills and say "Should we really be doing this".

If I am so fortunate as to be elected to a second term in the Senate I will devote myself to the following. I will continue to promote strong standards of ethics, Gov't Interaction, and high levels of activity among officials.

I will continue to promote policies that will get us out of this recession and put us on the path to stong, sustainable growth for the future thats based on hard work and savings, not borrowing and spending economy thats nothing more then a hill of sand. First thing is no matter who is President we need to take a second look at our Regulatory Regime on the Financial sector and close up the loose ends left by the Moderate Administration on that front. Next we need a tax policy that encourages Small Business Growth, Developement and Job Creation. Lastly we need responsible spending policies that spend on important infrastructure, transportation, Education, Research, and Health Care; while at the same time we spend as much as we can within our means. We need to restore some type of budgeting process now that we have the GM, the SoIA, and active senate.

I will also continue to work with the GM to ensure timely and accurate economic information so that we can measure the results of our actions.

I feel I have done a lot in my first term as your senator despite certain roadblocks and challenges that I never forsaw. I know that I can give you a productive and effective 4 months in a second term if you reelect me.

Thanks, Good Evening, and Dave Bless Atlasia!

The Senator leaves the stage and spends the next thirty minutes doing the ropeline while the aids frantically check there watches after realising that they made the rope line to long and praying the Senator doesn't take too much time. He then leaves the arena, hopes into his Limo and heads for the Airport.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

You can hardly rant against "good old boys" when you yourself are a member of one of the Machine Parties. It's dishonest.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »

You can hardly rant against "good old boys" when you yourself are a member of one of the Machine Parties. It's dishonest.

Not hardly. In fact the Revolution is nothing more then yet another group of Good ole' boys seeking to overthrow the previous set. Its why Revolution is folly and most people don't want it. I said that stronger parties were a necessity to strengthen Atlasia and that was correct. You just want  the type of condition we were in last December with record low turnout. I tend to think a little bigger, thank you.

Plus its not as if you aren't a member of a Good ole' boys club yourself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies