Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 36812 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2011, 02:50:18 AM »

My fellow IDSers,

I would like to officially endorse  Yankee for re-election to the Senate and encourage every one of you to vote for him. He is without doubt a great senator Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #376 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »

The following statement was typed up but fell under a filing cabinet and thus wasn't released till it got pull out of a clogged vaccuum hose.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2011, 06:07:21 AM »

Senator, in your view, is Tallywacker a dirty word?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #378 on: November 06, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »

I am not familiar with that lingo, so I wouldn't be able to say.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2012, 10:54:43 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The Yank for Senate Committee is offically back up and running.
Campaign Declaration - Jacksonville Manifesto

COH: $21,041,132
Money Raised in January: $3,141,414
Money Spent in January: $1,424,924
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »

(Sends $8,000,000 undisclosed)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »

Press Release -

After Announcing his reelection bid in Jacksonsville, Senator Yankee moved on to Tampa and Orlando where he headlined fundraisers for his campaign. The Senator raised $824,624 at the Tampa event and $572,045 at the Orlando event. The Senator expects to raise $8 to $12 million in the next eleven days.

Beau Silsby,
Yankee's 5th Campaign Spokesperson (atleast we think, we lost count Tongue).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »

Money Raising in January $3,141,414
Money Spent in January $1,424,924

are you seriously running again?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »

Townhall Meeting in Miami, Florida
Ask Yankee Anything!!!

Begins: Now
Ends: Tomorrow at the same time

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »

ENDORSED
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »

Money Raising in January $3,141,414
Money Spent in January $1,424,924

are you seriously running again?

Wasn't planning on it. Then I was listening to a song yesterday and got thinking what the loss of the RPP would really mean for Atlasian politics and the implications of losing it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:04 AM »

Speech in Fort Myers, Florida
February 1, 2011

Applause

With all that energy, you might get the impression that someone important come to town, maybe I will ask around later and see who is performing tonight?

Laughter and more Applause

It's funny that we should be talking about enthusiastic crowds, because that is just what I want to focus on tonight. Energy! No not the energy you heat your home with or run your car on, though; that is important too. I want to talk about another kind of energy. I want to talk about the energy exhibited in our campaigns and the enthusiasm it generates. These days, it just seems like there is so little of interest happening and that their is little to be excited about. There is in fact a great deal to get excited about, even without this ridiculous stunt to change the lables on the desk chairs.

Crowd cheers

One of the reasons I think we have such a problem is too often we stretch out the campaign cycle to long in a backwards attempt to solve our activity problems. We have campaigns stretching two months or more for President, with the obvious exception being the current one. Part of that is necessity of putting together a team and an organization to win. But we make a mistake to thing it is good for activity.

I remember when we used to have arguements about whether this should be an elections sim or a government sim and I would respond with frustration at this "either, or" mentallity. Saying we should be either an elections or a government sim is like saying we should have either a right or a left wing attached to the airplane you are getting ready to fly back to Fort Myers in after visiting the relatives in New York or Chicago. I don't know about them, but I kind of prefer to have both of those wings firmly attached to the fusilage, with fully functioning jet engines in both, wouldn't you? I can ensure you I plan to make sure the plane I take, to a location I am not yet ready to disclouse, tonight will have such.

Applause and cheers

We need six weeks of hard governing and then two weeks of heavy campaigning. Now if it's 5 and 3, or whatever on some occasions, I highly doubt there will be revolutionaries waiting for the candidate's head on silver plate. We need both, we need to strengthen and improve both. We can't sacrifice one for the other and say we are gaining ground or advancing. WE AREN'T MOVING FORWARD, WE ARE DIVING INTO THE GROUND, WHEN WE DO THAT!!!

By consolidating all the speeches and interviews, townhalls and fundraisers, conventions and election polls into the last 15 to 20 days before the election will give the feel of a campaign season. Such an environment will cause people, particulary non-office holding citizens, to become more active during those periods.  We need far more of all those things then we have right now, and preferably condensed into that short period of time. We need to see if we can make activity as contagious and innactivity.

As for the other six weeks, we have the regional elections and approval polling, but the primary focus on the national stage should be policy. We need active and engaged Senators who not only vote but actually offer discussion on a wide variety of topics, not just those that are their pet issues. The more input, the faster bills will get done, the easier the job of the PPT and the better the quality of the legislation that will get done. Ten Senators, should mean a 10 people strong brain trust, and a 10 person review panel engaged in proofreading other people's bills. In this past Senate we had a preoposal for the creation of committees, but the bill was left in its original and unworkable form and it failed. I have reintroduced this legislation through a different method and I plan to ensure it is passed in some form either as trial or the real thing.

The committees would re-post and discuss relevant items from GM/SoIA/SoEA posts and then discuss the issues brought up and look for legislation to fix those issues. This will lead to increased demands for activity on the cabinet as well as the Senators, while ensuring higher quality legislation dictated by relevant issues as revealed by the mentioned officials. This will create an opening to bring in more "non-office holding citizens" who are engaged in policy activism through third party pressure groups, think tanks, heaven forbid PACs, and media organizations. These people would be interoga err "questioned" Tongue at the hearings. There testimony can then play a role in crafting legislation and be reported on by the media.

No one person can do this. It will take a group effort to bring this all together and a committ and a realization that the only to acheive an improved game isn't through tweeking or changing the systems in place. It is through fighting for what you beleive, advocating for the issues that are important to you and making damn sure someone is listening. If someone, or something isn't to your liking, you shouldn't try and change the system for the sake of improving gameplay, unless it is so demanding and innefficient that it is a clear hinderance to the game. You should fight it through the normal processes. If you do think that there is a problem with Regional Senate seats, don't try to couch it in reforming the game to improve activity, say what you really think about. And I will be sure to tell you just where you take that idea and put it. Tongue Together we can have a nice old fashion debate. You can't do that if you just give up or if you kill the other side with the previously mentioned revolutionaries. It's takes two to tangle and you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't have a debate when you have wiped out the other side to get what you want and you can't have a debate if you quit at the first sign of defeat. If you don't like the parties, create a new one. If you don't succeed, then toughen up and try again and again until you break in. Learn some political skills, find a weakpoint in the existing structure and smash through it with an axe.

You can't legislate a new dynamic, you must cultivate it from the soil. It must effervesce like head the of your nice cold beer on a Saturday night. It's time we stop the absolute boycott on those who advocate issues that aren't in line with ours and encrouage them to puruse them at all costs. It's time we encourage politics to occur whether it is politically correct or not and remember that this is a sim and not RL. Nobody is really going to get stoned to death if JCL got elected to something. I am not saying you should vote against what you beleive, but I am saying this exclusivity should be stopped now. We should denegrate people we have disagreements with to the point that they leave. We can't control if people get driven off the forum atlarge on either side of the aisle, but we can here in this board and we can demand better.

If someone tells you they can legislate a way to activity, they are lying and you should turn the other direction and run as fast as you can. To drive home this message, experiement, and investigate the situation more for everyone's benefit, I plan to hold a series of "Wide Awakes" across the IDS and if successfull, across the nation. They will include all kinds of things, but the primary focus will be getting people, hopefully people who typically aren't involved in the process to respond and see what is on their minds. Illicit stimulants will be provided courtesy of Individual Freedom Party. We also asked the Populares if they wanted to pitch in, but they declined for lack of supply and capital to acquire it. Tongue And if the effort fails, I will still have successfully padded my post count through a legitmate campaign and a noble effort to save Atlasia. Grin

I hope to see you at these events and my regular campaign stops and appearences.

Thanks and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!

The Crowd gives a resounding round of applause. The Senator get's down in the crowd for about 30 minutes before leaving the premises and heading for his next campaign event. The Senator leaves no indication where he is going, but he is heading to an airport with only one flight out and that is heading to Philadelphia, PA.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »

Time to redo the two speeches I lost in the past week. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »

Not as well written as the ones that got deleted, but they will do.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »

Speech at the Memphis, Tennessee
February 12, 2011

Local Business Owner: It is wonderfull, that the IDS has a Senator who understands business and their concerns in making votes. Too often those people in Nyman forget about the needs of employers and assume they are just some greedy tycoon with bags of cash to role in. The vast majority of businessmen are hardworking, innovative, and self-made. They labor 2/3rds of the day or more, deal with a ridiculously complex and demanding tax code, regulations, and other gov't burdens that are often the product of misguided wishfull thinking and well intentioned nobility of altruistic but economically clueless officials. Our Senator understands the stresses that these items put on businesses and typically seeks to ensure that these issues are atleast considered before something gets rammed through unanimously. It is therefore with great honor and pleasure, that I introduce to your the Senator from the Imperial Dominion of the South, North Carolina Yankee.

Applause

Thank you guys, and thanks to [Insert Random Businessman A] for that warm welcome. I come here to a vibrant economic center, a manufacturing hub, to discuss the most important issue facing this country and this is its economy. The unemployment rate has declined slightly but we are kiding ourseves to think that these levels are acceaptable. We have had elevated levels of Unemployment for as long as can be remembered and part of the reason for that is something inherently and structurally flawed in this game and that is lack of reliablility and resonponsibility on the part of most officials. LAck of dilligence and inactivity creates and environment of insecurity and turmoil which are the exact opposite of the environment we should be creating for our economy.

One of the things that is holding the job creation back, is the already high and rising payroll tax, imposed to cover the long running deficit created by the establishment of Fritz care. At a time when inflation is rising, it is not wise to let the deficit run wild, and it needs to be restrained and reduced where possible and all new measures have got to be paid for. At the same time, having such a payroll tax policy is completely ludicrouse and it needs to be changed now!

Nothing can be done about the payroll tax in the absence of a change in healthcare policy. It seems that finally this debate is picking up steam in earnest after languishing for months. It is my desire to channel this into some kind of effort, that can pass, that will create a change in the current dynamic. There is a bill introduced by Senators Napoleon and MoPolitico that has some potential, but there are concerns ranging from it goes to far, to it doesn't do enough. I am decidely in the latter category. In my opinion, we should consider moving away from the Fritz care model and back towards a market based system with poor heavilly subsidized and the whole system heavily regulated to ensure fairness and quality. It would interesting to see the Regions take the lead on this effort and push these types of programs into place, even while Fritz care is still in place. Such efforts would need to include adequate coverage and subsidization of the poor, and adequate regulations to ensure quality to be viable alternatives to federal system. The Federal government could distribute monies to the regions for the sake of ensuring each has the adequate funding it needs to acheive the level of subsidization necessary. A subsidy models, directs scarce revenues towards those that need it, without asking tax payers to be responsbile for covering the rich and upper middle class, who are perfectly capable of providing such care for themselves. The regulations can be used to deal with any excesses of the private market that harm patients.

Another solution that should be looked at should be the re-introduction and re-implementation of a regular budget process that requires monthly or bi-monthly Senate approval. This would encourage the involvement of the GM and SoIA, force the Senate to pay attention to what both of them say and give a great place to utilize potential Senate committees, should such be put into effect. Doing this will restore stability and faith that gov't will provide the stability that it is expected to exude. It will also created grounds for public discourse on economic matters and provide a means by which to objectively call for deficit reduction and control. That will enable us to address concerns over potential deficit derived inflation, if such is occuring.

With responsible actions taken soon, we can reverse the economic misfortunes in which we find ourselves and provide a more prosperous future for this country and its people.

Thanks and Dave Bless!!!

The Senator leaves the event and hops a plane heading West. He booked in coach to save money.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »

The following are illegally leaked excerpts of the Baton Rouge Event:

Questioner A: What would you do to get the economy turned around?

Senator Yankee: There are three things that I would do to turn the economy around, ah a new health care policy for 1, ah budget, we need to revamp the budget process and lets see the third one, yeah the budget. Questioner yells out Education, oh year energy ah no, lets see..... I am sorry, I can't.

Questioner B: What is your position on the conscription?

Senator Yankee: We certainly need to do more, nope that is not it, sorry. Painfully long pause.

Senator Yankee's Closing Remarks: We must remember that as long we possess and preserve liberty, we will be free....Our country possess great wealth of resources, the rivers are full of fish, and other seafood. Especially that Maryland crab. Ever eat Maryland Crab? Fresh from the bay, a little butter? ...

After the event, Senator Yankee was overheard screaming the following on a cell phone: IT WAS NOT MY FAULT GOD DAMN IT!!! I WAS NOT PROPERLY PREPARED!!!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »

Yankee4Life
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »

I miss the ranting speeches against cultural marxism.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »

I miss when we made joint appearances.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 11:29:38 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I miss the ranting speeches against cultural marxism.

I got bored with it after a few of those. Such high risk, low reward play often looses its appeal and it's intended target got less and less out of it.

I miss when we made joint appearances.

That is because we never talk anymore, because you are never on AIM anymore. Tongue If you were we could have coordinated something like that. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 11:56:03 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Speech in Austin, Texas
February 16, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is essential at this time of choosing, in an election in which we have so many great choices for President, to choose someone who will provide the bold and creative leadership that will lead this country back to greatness. Who will offer vision and solutions for the countries problems. Who will represent a clear change from the status quo and provide a real change in direction. People who understand that best solutions involve strong people more so then it involves strong governmnet. People who will seek needed game reforms and push issues that will drive the debate and improve the game. It is for these reason outline here, that endorse and plan to vote for the Zuwo/Jbrase ticket. I encourage all Atlasians who support that ticket to get out and vote early and often. For those who have yet to make a firm decision, I encourage them to take a second look at this strong combination for Atlasian. You many not agree with them on every single issue, but you will find a unique and strong team that will benefit Atlasia greatly as President and Vice President. I look forward to potentially helping their administration.

It is also appropriate to send a proper message about the tone and direction of Atlasia, whether we want a more partisan Atlasia where bickering rules the day, or one where people get along and work together while still fighting for their principles and advocating their issues. For those seeking to send this message, there is no greater ticket then the Andrew2 ticket and therefore, I plan to give them my second preference and wish them the best of luck in this election. AHDuke99, has been a close friend and ally since the summer of 2009. His ah "ticket mate" AndrewCt, are both very capble and intelligent individuals fully capable of being President if they were to win the election, regardless of the character of their less than seious campaign so far.

Be sure to get out and vote!

Thanks and Dave Bless Atlasia!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »

Speech in Atlanta, GA
February 16, 2011

Attention IDSers!!!

Before it is time to go the polls, I want to inform the people of the IDS of my decision to join the Imperial Bloc. As many of you know, last month my previous political home was unjustly raided by Feds, who proceeded to tear down by illegal dr.... er political marchine. Grin Since then I have carefully weighed the several solicitations sent to me to join various parties. I have come to the conclusion that at this point in time, that the Imperial Bloc best represents what needs to occur in the next few months and it is as a member of the Imperial Bloc that I will serve as representative of the IDS, in the Senate of Atlasia. However, just like with the RPP, I will be sure to represent all IDSers and serve both all IDSers and Atlasians in my activities as Senator, regardless of who what party affiliation they may have, just as I have done in my previous terms as Senator and just as I served as President Pro Tempore. I look forward to seeing the voters verdict on my campaign and representing the IDS in the Senate if that is the will of its voters.

Thanks and be sure to vote!
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »

*Crowd erupts*

"Four more months! Four more months! Four more months!"

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17  
« previous next »
Jump to: