Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:19:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37308 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »

I think you do a great job and you have my endorsement.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »

What is the biggest thing you would like to change about Atlasia?

Easy, the general innactivity which seems to be getting worse. How? Now thats the real tough question.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your work in the senate. You're one of the best senators (if not the best senator) we currently have in Atlasia. Secondly, thank you for offering us such a platform to ask questions. Wink
I have a question regarding "game reform". Would you support changing the political system of Atlasia in a way it has been outlined in Kal's thread "Why not to try something crazy?"?

Kal and I both share a reputation of being crazy but for different reasons. Wink As to his proposals, some maybe worth considering but I generally fear that any drastic change to the system that fundamentally shifts us towards a different model would lead to significant number of people leaving Atlasia as a result, or just joining the ocean of inactives just waiting for the big 3 (consecutive missed elections) and their ride into the sunset. And such a risk might be worth considering were there to be a good chance that we would gain on the activity side of the ledger as a result but any of these systems could just as easily come down with the same problem as this one. Once the zeal and interest created by "something new" wore off, we would be right back here again, probably only a few weeks later.

This is one area where we actually agree quite strongly.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:53:28 PM »

Why haven't you ever ran for President!?!

If Yankee ever ran for President, I think he would be the best President we've ever had.

Hey!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies