ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving  (Read 7582 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »

I would love to reduce the Regions to three.
I would actually support expanding by a few. I also think there should be more assemblymen.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »

I would actually support expanding by a few. I also think there should be more assemblymen.

The problem is most Regions aren't active like the Mideast is. So you have pointless office olders that aren't really active and regions that are dead.

If we were to cut down, I feel that we need more members in the Assembly, so the people can be better represented.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:34:21 PM »

The problem is most Regions aren't active like the Mideast is. So you have pointless office olders that aren't really active and regions that are dead.

If we were to cut down, I feel that we need more members in the Assembly, so the people can be better represented.

Perhaps you should enter your name into consideration for the Assembly once Dan or I gets elected to the Senate. I wouldn't mind making the regions smaller, but the region that will be first to the chopping block would be the Mideast, due to its geographic location.
I was planning on doing  that.
It should be more open for people who WANT to participate. I want to participate and get involved in this game. More seats would give some people a better chance. Raising the number of assembleymen= More votes
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »

Perhaps you should enter your name into consideration for the Assembly once Dan or I gets elected to the Senate. I wouldn't mind making the regions smaller, but the region that will be first to the chopping block would be the Mideast, due to its geographic location.
I was planning on doing  that.
It should be more open for people who WANT to participate. I want to participate and get involved in this game. More seats would give some people a better chance. Raising the number of assembleymen= More votes

If you feel strongly about this, maybe you could write up an amendment to the constitution. I'd be happy to submit it for you.
Maybe I will, once I figure out how to do that. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »

My quick little thought.
If there were more positions open, I think people would try to be more active to get that position. For examply, I stayed in the shadows for a while, because I didn't think I'd have a prayer at winning an elected office. But, with the upcoming Senate election, one of our Assemblymen will be leaving. Since there will be an opening, I've gotten heavily involded in Atlasia, mainly so I could get that seat and have a stronger voice in the government.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »

My theory is that the Mideast-style legislature leads to the most activity since people need some degree of activity to be involved (true zombie voters would not bother declaring their candidacy in the first place). A Pacific-style legislature or an initiative system allows people to influence the system without taking a really active role or devoting their time to holding an office that's not Senator or Governor or President, so nobody has a real incentive to be active in such a system.

This is my thought as well. And those who are elected feel some responsibility to be active and pass legislation.

Which is why I think the number of assemblymen should be increased. It stinks that some people who might want to get elected would lose an election, even though they really want it. I've gotten active, for example, because after the June elections, there will be an open seat in the Assembly, and I want it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

My theory is that the Mideast-style legislature leads to the most activity since people need some degree of activity to be involved (true zombie voters would not bother declaring their candidacy in the first place). A Pacific-style legislature or an initiative system allows people to influence the system without taking a really active role or devoting their time to holding an office that's not Senator or Governor or President, so nobody has a real incentive to be active in such a system.

This is my thought as well. And those who are elected feel some responsibility to be active and pass legislation.

Which is why I think the number of assemblymen should be increased. It stinks that some people who might want to get elected would lose an election, even though they really want it. I've gotten active, for example, because after the June elections, there will be an open seat in the Assembly, and I want it.

While it is disappointing to be on the losing end of that, we need some losers if we're to have exciting elections. Considering the lack of competition that Assembly seats draw, increasing the number of seats would hardly help, especially given the lack of people to staff them all. The Mideast was originally going to have five assemblymen. One of the first, if not the first, amendments they passed was to reduce the number to three when they realized how unfeasible it is to find five citizens to hold Assembly seats.

Well, it would increase activity. I think this comes down to whether you want more activity or more exciting elections. I happen to want more activity in Atlasia, therefore, I support expanding the number of Assemblymen. If someone could find a way to do both, I would be happy with that as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »

This is how I'm recruiting more members...
I've been on several sites where one party dominated the forum, and the mods were very biased. Both Democrats and Republicans have been angered by it. I'm trying to get them to join Atlas, since we have simply amazing mods that are fair and reasonable. I've gotten 2 people to sign up today, and I'm looking for more in the upcoming days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I believe if the major parties would have primaries to elected their President/VP candidate it would make the parties stronger.
Possibly. But it could also divide the party. If it is extremely close, the losing candidate could decide to run in the general, splitting the party.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 08:02:53 PM »

I still think we should elect the position of GM, honestly.
I agree with Marokai.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies