Final Super Tuesday Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Final Super Tuesday Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Final Super Tuesday Predictions  (Read 5920 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2004, 08:18:56 PM »

I guess Kerry will win every single state tomorrow, though I do believe Edwards has a decnet chance to win in Georgia, and a longshot chance to win in Maryland and Minnesota. It's too bad for Edwards that more people didn't watch the CBS debate in New York this weekend because Edwards definitely made Kerry look foolish. The truth here is that Edwards might actually have a chance if he was willing to "take off the gloves" and really attack Kerry's record and pathetic flip-flops, but despite his protests to the contrary, Edwards is campaigning like a man who deosn't want to piss off Kerry and lose the Vice-Presidency.
zachman

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 08:50:43 PM »

The truth is the whole country is not political junkies like we are and they do not reason when we make decisions. I was shocked that Kerry did so well here in NH, because no one here really likes him- I know 2 or 3 Clark supporters, 5 or 6 Deaniacs, 4 Edwards voters, 4 Kucinich supporters, and 0 Kerry supporters as of the day of the primary. He won among Monday voters.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2004, 09:10:02 PM »

I agree that nobody likes Kerry.  Among Democrats there seems to be no enthusiasm for the man.  The irony is that he is winning because he is the electable one.  The truth is that Edwards is the one who would give Bush trouble.  He's likable, much better on the stump, and doesn't have Kerry's vulnerable Senate record to defend.

Democrats, on behalf of Karl Rowe, we Republicans thank you.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2004, 10:09:12 PM »

I agree that nobody likes Kerry.  Among Democrats there seems to be no enthusiasm for the man.  The irony is that he is winning because he is the electable one.  The truth is that Edwards is the one who would give Bush trouble.  He's likable, much better on the stump, and doesn't have Kerry's vulnerable Senate record to defend.

Don't have to rub it in our faces.  To me, there's little difference between what Bush would do and what Kerry would do.  Neither gets much done IMO.  
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2004, 11:54:43 PM »

Despite the fact that none of the democrats likes John Kerry, they keep voting for him because they think that someone somewhere is going to like Kerry better than Bush.  What the hell?  Somebody needs to take the catnip away from the democrats.  Give them some smelling salts and a brain.  Lord knows they need it.
sgpine
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

Despite the fact that none of the democrats likes John Kerry, they keep voting for him because they think that someone somewhere is going to like Kerry better than Bush.  What the hell?  Somebody needs to take the catnip away from the democrats.  Give them some smelling salts and a brain.  Lord knows they need it.

Bah... you guys nominated the half-witted son a President because his last name was 'Bush'...and that still worked.

If people are voting for Kerry because they think he has a better chance of beating Bush, then the media will label Kerry "the Candidate who can beat Bush" and hey, if they repeat it enough, it will probably happen.

Perception is Reality.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2004, 05:50:30 AM »

I don't know what'll happen.
A Kerry sweep looks likely, but upsets do happen.
A lot.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies