GOP Sees California as winnable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:48:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP Sees California as winnable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Sees California as winnable  (Read 7824 times)
MarkDel

« on: March 01, 2004, 12:36:50 AM »

Hockey Dude,

I'm the exact opposite of you...I'm with the Republicans on pretty much everything BUT abortion. I'm in favor of banning partial birth abortions and I'm in favor of parental notification, but other than that, I'm with the pro-choice Democrats on this issue.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 12:55:06 AM »

California Dreamer,

Look, I'm pro-choice, but three abortions??? Let me know when your birthday is and I'll spring for some freakin' condoms...
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 01:08:10 AM »

Angus,

The biggest reason I'm a Republican is foreign policy and national defense, but if you take that out of the equation, my being a Republican is more about politics than it is about policy...and I think that's exactly what you were getting at in your last post.

By the way, I love your posts when you're serious...please be serious more often...LOL
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 01:18:45 AM »

Angus,

Yes, the left's mantra seems to be "We will not tolerate those people who are intolerant"

Just out of curiousity, based on what you said about judicial styles, I assume you are a big fan of people like Scalia or Bork?
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 01:20:31 AM »

California Dreamer,

I don't have to agree with everything the party says. By the way, if it's not too personal, how in the hell can you end up having three abortions? I understand mistakes happen, but it's a surgical procedure, not a form of retroactive contraception.
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 01:23:30 AM »

Angus,

True. The Bork hearings were incredible and changed the landscape of American politics forever. The way the Democrats behaved in that timeframe set in motion the really ugly partisan behavior that occurred in the 1990's and 21st Century. I was on Capitol Hill the next year at the John Tower confirmation hearings...they were just as bad...the Democrats were just shameless on Capitol Hill when they ran the House and Senate.
MarkDel

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 01:32:44 AM »

California Dreamer,

What the HELL are you talking about??? Where did I engage in any name calling???
MarkDel

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 01:49:56 AM »

California Dreamer,

Yes, but what Angus is trying to say is that to deeply religious people, an unborn child is a human life no different than yours or mine, so to them, it's not a matter of choice at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies