GOP Sees California as winnable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:01:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  GOP Sees California as winnable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Sees California as winnable  (Read 7819 times)
California Dreamer

« on: March 01, 2004, 02:27:22 AM »

haha.  i think they could catch john kerry in bed with a prostitute, and hed still win cali.

...as a Californian let me assure you that this would only get him more votes....assuming she was hot!
California Dreamer

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:02:36 PM »

all you have to do in California...(not that you will ever have to) is run an ad reminding people about Roe v Wade and the fact that we havent had a new justice in like 11 years (which is a record)

...in fact I would like to see the dems use a womans right to choose the way the republicans are using gay marraige (since the majority of americans support choice)

...we can play the culture war too
California Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 12:51:02 AM »

without Roe v Wade I would have 3 unwanted children...as would many people...or have been forced to backroom illegal dangerous abortions.

the fact is that it is the policy of the Republican party to remove a woman's right to choose, and if Bush had the chance he would put someone on the court who would do just that.

...so fly your confederate flag high, it makes the right seem so inclusive
California Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 01:09:13 AM »

I suggest you look up your party's platform
California Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 01:27:17 AM »

From the Republican Party Platform adopted in 2000:
"We say the unborn child has a fundamental right to life. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse legislation that the 14th Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. Our purpose is to have legislative and judicial protection of that right against those who perform abortions. We oppose using public revenues for abortion and will not fund organizations which advocate it. We support the appointment of judges who respect the sanctity of innocent human life. "

...there arent even exceptions for rape or incest. It has gone beyond Roe v Wade in making it a states rights issue and ...it clearly states it wants to make abortions unavailable

This extreme view is out of step with California for sure and the rest of the country.

Most polls show this "illegal in all cases" view is only supported by less than 20% of the population.  And 54% support the Rove v Wade decision . Even a Fox News poll showed that only 26% support overturning Roe v Wade

for more abortion polls see: http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

...and thanks for all the name calling, how very typical to resort to namecalling, even calling someone a bigot...kind of ironic.
California Dreamer

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 01:43:33 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2004, 01:45:42 AM by California Dreamer »

Mark I was speaking to Angus who has made a number of personal attacks on me for meerly pointing out:
a. The Republican Party wants to remove a woman's right to choose
b. California sends politicians with this view into the political graveyard

by the way, supporting a woman's right to choose is not impugning another's religious views. They have every right to have those views, and no right to impose them on others.

This is the distinction between the Abortion and Gay Marraige. Pro choice people are exactly that...they support choice. anti gay marraige and pro life people want to impose their life choices on others.

As I have said before I could easily be a republican except for all of these culturual issues where the party wants to get into my bedroom, my viewing habits and my life and tell me what is moral and immoral.

When the Republicans kick these extremists out of the party they will never lose another election because many Dems believe in low taxes and less government and a strong national defense.

And the Proof is how California (which is the subject of this post) just elected a pro choice Republican, but the only way such a republican could have been elected was in an open election, such republicans like Richard Riordan always get killed in the Republican primaries.
California Dreamer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 02:18:53 AM »

Hindus consider cows sacred...and wished everyone would stop eating their ancestors.

I respect their beliefs but they dont have the right to keep me out of Burger King.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies