Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D-Wyo.) Most Popular Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:32:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D-Wyo.) Most Popular Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D-Wyo.) Most Popular Governor  (Read 4402 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with everyone who says that being moderate seems to pay off in partisan states. Take a look at Brad Henry right here.
First off, Oklahoma like I've said countless times before, is a batsh*t insane state. How batty? I've heard at least 3 Republican office holders call "the homosexual agenda" worse than terrorism. That's how far right Oklahoma is.
Now onto the point: In 2006 Brad Henry, a moderate Democrat, was re-elected with 65% of the vote. 65%! His Republican opponent only got a measly 35% of the vote against him (I think, it could've been lower)!
It just proves my hypothesis: Nobody likes partisan hacks.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with everyone who says that being moderate seems to pay off in partisan states. Take a look at Brad Henry right here.
First off, Oklahoma like I've said countless times before, is a batsh*t insane state. How batty? I've heard at least 3 Republican office holders call "the homosexual agenda" worse than terrorism. That's how far right Oklahoma is.
Now onto the point: In 2006 Brad Henry, a moderate Democrat, was re-elected with 65% of the vote. 65%! His Republican opponent only got a measly 35% of the vote against him (I think, it could've been lower)!
It just proves my hypothesis: Nobody likes partisan hacks.

Oh wait, he's behind Jindal. Damn it. There goes my hypothesis.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:27:07 AM »

And Henry is behind the pro-secessionist Rick Perry, who's just as partisan if not more than Jindal. Agreed, Oklahoma is a crazy state. I've never been there but from the way people talk about it on here, it seems like a scary place - it must be like running in Nazi Germany there. But at least Democrats there know how to pick a good presidential candidate when they see one. Smiley (See Oklahoma Democratic Primary, 2008). But at the same time, I'm intrigued as to how John Edwards received 10 percent of the vote in the primary there. If you choose to play the bigotry card, these must be extremely conservative people who wouldn't vote for a black man or a woman. That's insane.  But, Oklahoma is the home state of Carrie Underwood so there's something good that's come from the Sooner State Cheesy

I'm glad to see my Governor ranked so highly at #15. That's much better than #49 when we had that douche bag Matt Blunt, who was just above Mr. Corruption Ernie Fletcher of Kentucky.

Yes, it is a pretty bad. I knew some neo nazis at my school.
I think the reason John Edwards got that many votes is because he's a Southerner (call it the Bill Clinton effect). The biggest reason Hillary got so many votes is because as much as people around here disagree with a lot of her policies they remember her as the wife of Bill Clinton (who is very well liked among the Democrats in this state, at least in my experience). It also has to do with the neighboring state effect (Hillary used to live in Arkansas).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies