|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:43:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3719 times)
MA Liberal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2004, 06:42:20 PM »

Hey, everyone, I'm new here. I'm a Democrat voting for Bush this time around(I know!). I just wanted to introduce myself. If you have any questions just ask.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 06:45:50 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I do have a question for you. What persauded you to vote for the President over one of your Senators. (Although I have no problem with you doing this. Smiley )
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 06:47:54 PM »

Hey, everyone, I'm new here. I'm a Democrat voting for Bush this time around(I know!). I just wanted to introduce myself. If you have any questions just ask.

Leave this place.  You are in great danger here.

Seriously, welcomoe to the forum.Good to see you have come over to the light side.

BTW, there is another MA dem here named migrendel.  He has stated on a few occaisons that he thinks mothers should be allowed to kill their babies after giving birth if they do not feel capable of raising them.  post-birth abortions.  I tell you this since we sometimes just see someone's avatar, a red Massachusets in this case, and assume it is a well known poster.  If anyone calls you a baby killer, they are mistaking you for mig.
MA Liberal

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 06:48:46 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I do have a question for you. What persauded you to vote for the President over one of your Senators. (Although I have no problem with you doing this. Smiley )

Most people around here don't even like Kerry. He has long had a reputation for being an opportunist.

Still, most of my friends and family are voting for him. I decided to be original. I don't like the direction the Democratic Party is going in and on Nov. 2 I will voice my protest.
MA Liberal

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 06:50:50 PM »

BTW, there is another MA dem here named migrendel.  He has stated on a few occaisons that he thinks mothers should be allowed to kill their babies after giving birth if they do not feel capable of raising them.  post-birth abortions.  I tell you this since we sometimes just see someone's avatar, a red Massachusets in this case, and assume it is a well known poster.  If anyone calls you a baby killer, they are mistaking you for mig.

I hope I'm not mistaken for him/her, I am completely pro-life! That's one of the reasons I am dissenting. The Democrats have become a very small tent.

Thanks for the welcome!
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 07:01:55 PM »

Welcome to the forum!  It is good to have someone else here from MA

I am not migrendel, and I have never been accused of baby-killing
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 07:52:31 PM »

Howdy, it's nice to see moderate Democrats around here :-p
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 08:19:28 PM »

Welcome, good to see more Democrats, regardless of the fact that you're voting for Bush Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 08:22:46 PM »

Ironic voting choice given your name.  Still, you are welcome here, good luck in surviving.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 11:06:47 PM »

Welcome to the Forum.  Whe you get 18 posts, get on over to the Fatasy Board and register!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 11:12:05 PM »

Welcome to the forum!  It is good to have someone else here from MA

I am not migrendel, and I have never been accused of baby-killing

It's happened with a few of our green virginians, and blue texans.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2004, 03:37:40 AM »

I hope I'm not mistaken for him/her, I am completely pro-life! That's one of the reasons I am dissenting. The Democrats have become a very small tent.

Thanks for the welcome!

Not like your vote matters in MA.  If you were in a swing state such as mine would you vote Kerry?  There is no way I could fathom voting for Bush after the past 4 years.  I agree with you on the fact Kerry is FAR from what I wanted, but he is a very acceptable alternative compared to Bush.  Anyway, what part of MA are you from?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2004, 05:05:05 AM »

Welcome to the forum! I'm a Democrat (well, UK Labour), but I'm neutral for this race because I don't like Senator Kerry.
MA Liberal

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2004, 06:26:06 AM »

Thanks for the welcome!

Not like your vote matters in MA.  If you were in a swing state such as mine would you vote Kerry?  There is no way I could fathom voting for Bush after the past 4 years.  I agree with you on the fact Kerry is FAR from what I wanted, but he is a very acceptable alternative compared to Bush.  Anyway, what part of MA are you from?

If I was in Ohio or Pennsylvania I would probably vote Kerry.

Lexington.
MA Liberal

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2004, 06:26:54 AM »

Ironic voting choice given your name.  Still, you are welcome here, good luck in surviving.

The name is partly a joke
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 10:44:34 AM »

Most people around here don't even like Kerry. He has long had a reputation for being an opportunist.

Still, most of my friends and family are voting for him. I decided to be original. I don't like the direction the Democratic Party is going in and on Nov. 2 I will voice my protest.

Hello and welcome.

I'd like to suggest that you not waste your vote on Bush, but instead vote for Badnarik.  Bush won't come close in MA and in the grand scheme of things, neither the D's or R's will care if you're protesting.  However the Libertarians will actually care and your vote will count more .  If you're really a "Liberal" like your handle implies, it is unlikely you support much of Bush's policies.  Instead of voting against the opportunist, vote for freedom.  Vote for Badnarik. 

Anyway that's the only pitch I'll make for my candidate.  Welcome to the site.  I look forward to discussing other issues with you.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 11:14:27 AM »

Stop bumping old threads.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »