Group A - World Leaders Survivor - Stage Two (Complete) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Group A - World Leaders Survivor - Stage Two (Complete) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Group A - World Leaders Survivor - Stage Two (Complete)  (Read 39830 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: June 05, 2009, 05:47:44 AM »

Morales.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »

Kirchner, but I'm not enjoying my vote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

Hating Russians is not like hating Turks, of course.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 03:51:08 AM »

Manning
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 06:13:32 AM »

Calderon may not be perfect but Morales is screwing up Bolivia worse. Mexico's drug problems is not really Calderon's fault either, it has to do with the drug trade shifting away from Colombia and suppliers in general, from what I've read.

So Morales it is. It really is time for him to go...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

Morales
Garcia
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

Morales
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:22:30 AM »

Morales
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 05:18:25 AM »

Correa
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:30:32 AM »

Morales
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

Aso over Morales? No way is that not ridiculous...

I vote Morales.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 03:14:20 AM »

Aso over Morales? No way is that not ridiculous...

I vote Morales.
Again, one must look at what a leader has done for his country. Japan is not the way it is today because of Taro Aso.

You think Morales is making his country a better place? Then I guess you are entitled to your opinion. However, we have already been over this discussion and I noted that no one actually adressed the glaring inconsistencies in the standard you are defending.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 04:06:38 AM »

Aso may not be good but I am not going to go at him just yet. Spencer for now.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 02:34:15 AM »

And the ridiculousness continues...pray tell, what did Balknende do to destroy the Netherlands...

Anyway, I vote Spencer.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 06:08:13 AM »

Juncker
Spencer
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »

Gruevski, to be contrarian. I hate Juncker.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 03:15:09 AM »

Lula. Why not a corrupt mediocre left-winged leader for a change?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »

Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
By the way, I don't really understand why Gruevski is so unpopular. He hasn't even had time to do something bad, as he's been in power for only a short time.

I don't either. I don't understand Sirleaf either though, who is easily the best President Liberia has ever had.

See, we must measure leaders relative to their own country. Oh, wait....

Anyway, I guess you both share the muslim-hating orthodox christian-loving attitude to those leaders. I have more understanding for voting off Gruevski than Gordon Brown or Stephen Harper, that's for sure.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »

Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
By the way, I don't really understand why Gruevski is so unpopular. He hasn't even had time to do something bad, as he's been in power for only a short time.

I don't either. I don't understand Sirleaf either though, who is easily the best President Liberia has ever had.

Anyway, I guess you both share the muslim-hating orthodox christian-loving attitude to those leaders. I have more understanding for voting off Gruevski than Gordon Brown or Stephen Harper, that's for sure.
To a large extent I share Lewis' sentiment about leaders with connections with the world bank - they usually have terrible consequences in the long term.
And frankly, I hate my motives being guessed. You're not such a good mind reader. I have nothing against Muslim leaders and have no qualms about voting against orthodox christian leaders - check out who suggested that Bulgaria's prime minister be removed.

I didn't really comment on your motives. But apart from your own leader (which one often tends to dislike) you've defended every orthodox Christian (or perhaps slavic, given how over-lapping these are) leader being voted off or criticized. And you have attacked most muslim leaders. Maybe it's just coincidences, but it does make for a clear pattern.

Anyway, Gruevski.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 09:02:19 AM »

Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf

To a large extent I share Lewis' sentiment about leaders with connections with the world bank - they usually have terrible consequences in the long term.
And frankly, I hate my motives being guessed. You're not such a good mind reader. I have nothing against Muslim leaders and have no qualms about voting against orthodox christian leaders - check out who suggested that Bulgaria's prime minister be removed.

I didn't really comment on your motives. But apart from your own leader (which one often tends to dislike) you've defended every orthodox Christian (or perhaps Slavic, given how over-lapping these are) leader being voted off or criticized. And you have attacked most muslim leaders. Maybe it's just coincidences, but it does make for a clear pattern.

Anyway, Gruevski.
No, I voted for Karamanlis, Saakashvilli and Yushchenko as well. This makes it 4 out of 11 and since almost no one has voted for two of those, there isn't really a pattern of me defending Orthodox Christians leaders. About Slavic (rather stupid to say they are the same) leaders, in addition of Yushchenko and Stanishev, I've also supported the removal of the Croatian and Bosnian leaders (the later is also Orthodox). This makes it 4 out of 13 and considering that almost no one has voted for four of those, it makes seeing a pattern rather dubious.
Most of the Muslim leaders I've voted for are either dictators, corrupt monarchs and/or fundamentalists, which you know perfectly well since you voted for most of them as well. And I supported Nasheed, one of the few democratic Muslim leaders.

Don't get mad, I don't really mind. But Yuschenko and Saakashvili are both against slavic unification. Croatia is of course an arch-enemy of any slavic supremacist with self-respect. Greece is a lot more western than most other East European countries (they hardly even count as such).

On the other hand you defended leaders like Lukaschenko and Putin and implied support for Serbian nationalism as well. You also didn't seem like you'd mind a Russian re-conquering of Estonia very much. And you admitted to hating the Turks. All in all, it certainly paints the picture of someone with a decided miltant bent for the slavic cause (I never seriously thought it had much to do with religion, apart from in a negative sense, perhaps).

It's not that I mind, really. Most people have some such feelings. I just thought it amusing that the two of you united behind Gruevski. In BRTD's case it is clearly anti-muslim bigotry behind it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »

What has Gruevski done to any Muslims anyway? Nothing I've heard of, not that I know much about him in general. Fuad Sinoira is a Muslim btw if anyone remembers my dispute with Gustaf over him.

Oh and is Gustaf calling Gordon Brown some great leader? That's must explain why is so rabidly popular in the the UK after all, hahahaha.

Vote: Dean Barrow

Yes, just like George Bush's greatness explained his record approval rating a couple of years back. Have you ever constructed an argument that makes sense?

Anyway, GMantis, I never said you were a panslavist. As I said, we all have our preferences. It just sounded funny when you and BRTD both were so surprised at people disliking Gruevski, since you both have such pet peeves going in his favour, that's all.

I think you're getting a little too upset and not really seeing my point. It is certainly not that Gruevski is an islamophobe. I know BRTD will never understand a logical train of thought so I should probably stop now before the thread gets ruined. I didn't really think you would take such offense to be honest.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 06:55:05 AM »

Werner Faymann
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »

Several good candidates for the boot here. I will give Gusmao the benefit of the doubt though (talk about tough situation) and cast my vote for Faymann.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 06:34:51 AM »

I wonder if Gustaf is going to whine 1/10 as much about this rather blatant example of blind bloc voting as he did about the defeat of Harper.

You should really try to use your brain every once in a while. As opposed to you, or those Republicans voting now, I'm not a hack, see. I have no alignment to a "side" and I have no interest in seeing my "side" "win." I want to get the best leaders to emerge from the voting.

I'm certainly whining less than those people who were part of the previous hackish bloc voting and now want to leave the whole vote because they're getting the same treatment.

And, while this is extremely stupid partisan hack voting for Obama, I can't help wondering if it would have happened if idiots like you wouldn't have started it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »

And, while this is extremely stupid partisan hack voting for Obama, I can't help wondering if it would have happened if idiots like you wouldn't have started it.

Will you stop calling the Big Bad Fab an "idiot like BRTD". You've done it twice now. Angry (Or if that's not what you meant, then basically you're just not making any sense at all.)

I don't think you're making sense in that post. I'm not calling anyone an idiot like BRTD and I'm not even calling BRTD an idiot like anyone else. I'm only calling BRTD an idiot, which I think he is.

Maybe you're implying that big bad fab masterminded the Obama and Bachelet votes, even though that still wouldn't make your accusation true. And I'm not aware of that in that case. He's contacted me several times as one of many in tactical votes and he hasn't in these cases so I'm inclined to think that he isn't behind this. He has seemed more level-headed.

You sort-of called him obscene in your last post, which is worse, no?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies