Dave's Redistricting App (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Dave's Redistricting App (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave's Redistricting App  (Read 308979 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 08, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »
« edited: June 08, 2009, 01:23:45 AM by MaxQue »

That thing is a nightmare. That doesn't work.

Loading stop after one fitfh, so I'm not able to do anything.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:21 AM »

Thanks for sucking up my night. I spent it drawing a 50-district Minnesota.

At least, that is working at your house.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:27:49 AM »

House in the sense of a place where you live.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »

OK I uploaded the file for my Bachmann-free map here. Anyone else able to convert it into a JPEG? Not sure how.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xurq37

I think it is wrong and childish of you to target any one elected official, in particular, for elimination.

You did the same thing to Murtha.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »

Dave's added California and Kentucky to the app, and apparently will be adding all the remaining states with more than one CD soon.

Edit: It looks like all the 2+ CD states are added at this point. Wow.

Except Rhode Island and Oklahoma, because of technical problems, his email said.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »

So, I redistricted the only state my computer is wanting to load. Here is New York State. I tried to reduce county splits and lower divisions (that were present in the app) splits. So, the lower division present in this app are townships, except in New York City and Nassau County, where they are Legislative districts. I didn't check representative residence.

NY-1 (Blue, Suffolk): Almost unchanged.
NY-2 (Forest Green, Western Suffolk): Now, all in Suffolk County, less Democrat, more white than before.
NY-3 (Purple, Eastern and Southern Nassau, Southeastern Suffolk): Less white, Obama would have won it.
NY-4 (Red, Western Nassau): No signifiant demographic change.
NY-5 (Gold, Northeastern Queens and Northwestern Nassau): Less hispanic, more Democrat.
NY-6 (Aqua, Southern Queens): Black majority district, go more south and talk whiter areas.
NY-7 (Gray, Eastern Bronx and Northern Manhattan): End of the Bronx-Queens district. Pluriality Hispanic and there is more Blacks than Whites.
NY-8 (Navy Blue, Far Southern Manhattan and Western Brooklyn): More normal shape and less serpent-like shape. Is only pluriality white now. Asians are second, Hispanics third.
NY-9 (Cyan, Western Queens): Much more northern than the previous NY-9. Take much of the former NY-6. Pluriality Hispanic, Whites are second, Asians third.
NY-10 (Pink, Eastern Brooklyn): More to the south than previous NY-10. Still Black majority, but less.
NY-11 (Green, Central Brooklyn): Still Black majority, but less.
NY-12 (Sky Blue, Western Queens and Northern Brooklyn): More normal shape, lost the tail in Manhattan and Western Brooklyn. Much less Asian, still Hispanic pluriality.
NY-13 (Salmon, Staten Island and Southwestern Brooklyn): Won by Obama on new borders, but still very Republican.
NY-14 (Swomp, Southcentral Manhattan): Now all in Manhatten, lost its Queens parts. Less hispanic, more white.
NY-15 (Orange, Northcentral Manhattan): Less hispanic, more white. Hispanics are first, Blacks are second, Whites are third)
NY-16 (Light Green, Western Bronx): Not many changes, still 3% white, Obama still won it with 95%.
NY-17 (Dark Blue, Northwestern Bronx and Southern Westchester): Seems more logic than splitting Yonkers. It is not anymore a coalition district, it is majority white now.
NY-18 (Yellow, Northern Wwestchester and Rockland): More rural, more white, less Hispanic.
NY-19 (Apple Green; Orange, Putham and Southern Dutchess): Slightly less white.
NY-20 (Skin; Washington, Northern Saratoga, Fulton, Herkimer, Southern Oneida, Madison, Chenango, Eastern Cortland and Western Broome): Ugly district created with areas that remained after the rest was drew. Very white district, barely won by Obama (a couple hundreds of votes).
NY-21 (Dark Brown; Albany, Schenectady, Southern Saratoga and Rensselaer): An Albany-based district. No signifiant demographic changes.
NY-22 (Light Brown; Northern Dutchess, Columbia, Greene, Ulster, Sullivan, Delaware, Otsego, Schoharie, Montgomery and Eastern Broome): A rural district between Birmingham, Albany and New York. Whiter and less Democrat, but Obama still won it, by 10 points.
NY-23 (Northen Oneida, Oswego, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Hamilton, Franklin, Clinton, Essex and Warren): North Country. Almost no change.
NY-24 (Dark Purple; Tioga, Tompkins, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Yates, Ontario, Southern Monroe, Livingson, Allegany and Cattaraugus): The former NY-29, a little bit more Democrat, but McCain still won it.
NY-25 (Blood; Onondaga, Wayne, Seneca, Cayuga and Western Cortland): Former NY-25, with rural parts south of Syracuse added and with Rochester parts removed. No significant demographic change.
NY-26 (Dark Gray; Chautauqua, Wyoming, Genesee, Orleans, Niagara and Outer Erie): Former NY-26, but with areas around Buffalo added and areas around Rochester removed. Was the most Republican district in New York State, is a little bit more Republican now.
NY-27 (Light Green; Buffalo and suburbs): Now a very compact district based on Buffalo. More black than former NY-27 and is now the most Democrat upstate district.
NY-28 (Pink; Rochester and suburbs):  Now a very compact district based on Rochester. Less Democrat and black than the former NY-28, who was a Buffalo-Rochester district following the Canadian border.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 01:58:39 AM »

Version 2.2 is out.

It allows you to do congressional districts, State Senate, State Assembly and Counties Assemblies, all in the same file.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies