2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something...  (Read 20823 times)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »

Right on, Arizonan!  You ought to be a political analyst.  I look forward to hearing more of your insights on this forum.  Republicans are screwing themselves with the Sotomayor nomination, which was truly a master stroke by Obama.  I was speaking with one Mexican woman who was so furious about opposition to Sotomayor that she told me she would never vote Republican again.  She told me she had no idea why a wise Latina woman was being opposed and rightfully concluded that the Republican Party was the party of bigotry and oppression.  Don't forget that women too will see opposition to Sotomayor as sexist, and will leave the party in droves.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »

The election predictions also ignore the fact that the GOP is splintering.

Many Republicans are still opposing Sotomayor even though George H.W. Bush and Laura Bush gave the thumbs up for Sotomayor.

Indeed, Arizonan, the GOP is starting to splinter around the Sotomayor nomination.  Never has there been such an explosive issue for the Republican Party.  This could lead not only to an extended stay in the electoral wilderness, but possibly the collapse of the Republican Party.  Sotomayor's nomination is to the Republican Party what slavery was for the Whigs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies