50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause?  (Read 5705 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 12:04:25 PM »

Most health care which goes uncovered and thus untreated is not car accidents but long term chronic and often ultimately fatal illnesses, Ford.  Cancers, heart disease, diabetes, renal failure, aids, the list goes on and on.  Poor people who get these diseases can't just walk into an emergency room and say 'oh, please give me months or years of expensive drugs and ongoing treatments - its an emergency!'.  No, they slowly die untreated.  Yeah, they will have a chance at being pronounced dead in an emergency room, but nothing will be done to prevent or delay that end.

Your suggestion that poor people have access to health care in the US is either idiotic or offensive or both.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

Yes
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »

No...

I don't wait for a doctor in Massachusetts...I go in the next day.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »

When it's not profitable to do something for a living, ppl stop doing that profession. Doctors don't make enough and you end up dead. If I were you I'd want my doctor to make alot of money. I'm glad ppl are waiting that long cuz it is exposing the filth that universal health care really does. My candidate who represents the GOP in 2012 had better use the lines at those places in his ads. They should play it more in areas where there are many seniors to get the point across.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »

I know someone from Canada who says that he had to wait a whole 1 hour to see his doctor. Canada must have extremely non universal health care.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 04:20:35 AM »

Those who are sick and need health care now will be dead by 2014. Thanks alot Obama. What this country needs is optional health and medical savings accounts that can be taken from for medical expenses, insurance companies competing across state lines to prevent monopolies, and a cap on frivolous lawsuits to keep costs low. We don't need the government telling us what we should buy as if they know best.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies