National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:02:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020)  (Read 320609 times)
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« on: March 05, 2021, 03:09:03 PM »

2020 Massachusetts D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

2020 Minnesota D Primary by Precinct:

Image Link

Excellent maps. It’s interesting looking at the results of Northampton, MA. A university town in the very ‘liberal’ Pioneer Valley. It voted for Warren and also gave Sanders a very good score. There seems to be a sharp dichotomy between the east, by the river, which voted for Sanders (this part is the town centre and contains the university), and the west (seemed more residential when I visited) which voted strongly for Warren.

The whole town is strongly Democratic; Stein came second in many precincts in 2016. In 2020 it stayed very D, with good swings to Biden for an >80% D town (Sanders/Stein supporters falling into line?); and the best swings in the western residential areas.

Any ideas for why the primary results were so? All I can think of is the university. It is an all-women place - but amongst young, educated women Warren seemed to do best. Worth noting that Warren won strongly in Cambridge, but nearby Amherst showed a similar split too.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 05:06:29 PM »

Thank you for the maps. Any ideas for the Sanders strength in east Plano? I’m not familiar with the area.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies