The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64041 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 22, 2009, 09:54:51 AM »

Ugh, not that "RPP is dead" drums again.  I had some problems and for that I apoligize, but my seat is easily winnable back in the next cycle.  There is little to no chance that the RPP cannot win back at least 1 at-large senate seat.  I have no idea who won in the Northeast (election coverage is awful), but I hope Smid will be back for the next cycle and I have give him a great chance to win his old seat back if he wants it.

And hello, we just won the presidency for the first in our history.  As we approach our one-year anniversery, don't think we are dead at all.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »

I also have been updating Atlasian foreign policy.
Yea but no one cares about the DoEA
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

The RPP is constantly accused of signing up newbies who never get involved, when in fact almost none of our members haven't gotten involved.  This accusation is not new, we heard it about Smid, dead0man, PiT, NCYankee, Daniel Adams, etc., etc.

Just because someone is new in Atlasia does not mean they won't be active, obviously we have to start somewhere.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

I can 100% assure you that none of our voters our socks, our private forum has the IP checks to prove it.  We wouldn't allow such a thing and everyone knows that
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:44:53 AM »

Prove what?  That none of the IPs match?  What do you want a list of everyone's IP?  (why do I ask of course you do because that's you)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »

We could have an unofficial leader, but not an official one in the sense of the American congress.  The closest thing was when we had 5 seats and I thought I was going to be PPT Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »

So what are saying likelihood is now?

RowanBrandon
Marokai
SPC
Afleitch
Franzl
Fritz
Duke

?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 11:25:35 PM »

Despite the fact that this obviously could have gone better, a solid showing (someone has to lose) we'll just get more members active for next time.  Still the RPP holds the most seats
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:50 PM »

Marokai, there is no need to hate on SPC because his family can afford to have a picnic
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:22:15 AM »

We'll probably lose a regional seat, but if Smid runs our chances are great in the Northeast.  A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »

We'll probably lose a regional seat, but if Smid runs our chances are great in the Northeast.  A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

Uhhhh how?  Hashemite has been a strong Senator and it isn't like the RPP is superpowerful in the region.  They have no reason to throw him out.
Smid was the regional senator and is incredibly popular.  It would be moronic for the RPP to throw away what is a great oppurtunity.  We have nothing to lose by challenging Hashemite in the Northeast with Smid, we have to off-set a possible DA gain in the Mideast.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

Is this an admission of guilt? Smiley
I have nothing to do with it still, I mean I'm starting to condone it more but I still don't recruit.  The only thing I did this whole cycle was spew hatred, promote my candidates, and PM a few people at the last minute
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

Hashemite is unbeatable.
You really need to wake up and realize that you no nothing of Atlasia.  Do you have any idea who popular Smid was as a senator?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »

Looks like four people in the JCP gave their first preference to candidates of other parties. Can the DA or RPP say that?

Yeah, some "Zombie-Drone" Party.
Four?  Obviously Realistic, he always does, but not anyone of signifigance I'm guessing
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 11:57:29 PM »

Didn't think the strategic angle, hell if it was between Fritz and Franzl for that last spot, I would have had RPPers pref Franzl first too
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Didn't think the strategic angle, hell if it was between Fritz and Franzl for that last spot, I would have had RPPers pref Franzl first too

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of political mastermind? Wink
I can be, but I'm not a math person Tongue  But my scenario was hypothetical which is why it didn't happen
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »

RPP can only go better without DWTL.

I'll believe it when I see it, but label me a skeptic until then. I can't recall a period when the RPP has done better without DWTL.
Actually during my abscene we saw the only real downturn of the RPP.  Either way I am confident Duke will do the same things I did as chair but for some reason it makes some people happy so I don't care
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Not surprising considering RPP's stances and how it was controlled by DWTL and co... Hoping that grassroots will follow theses two proud Senators.
Good job idiot, in case you didn't notice Tmth is back
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:00:18 AM »

Yeah the RPP is going down because some guy no one ever heard of said so!  Better book because I think Antonio is one of the most releveant, respected, and knowing of all Atlasians.

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party (well I guess Ben isn't that but I can see why Ben left)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »

Do I need to bring up the quote when you just stated your criticism of SPC caused people other than yourself to leave the party?  Hell, even RB said that had nothing to do with it.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »

I'm actually incredibly optimistic, we will win the presidential race, its not like the voters that defected are going to be voting for Lief over our candidate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »

I'm actually incredibly optimistic, we will win the presidential race, its not like the voters that defected are going to be voting for Lief over our candidate

Unless maybe another candidate will run who can take potential voters from an RPP candidate to give Lief a secured victory.
As long as they preferenced the RPP candidate ahead of Lief it wouldn't matter.  Just like my candidacy did nothing to hurt Bgwah
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party

Yeah that's totally a great way to make people like your party.
The RPP can do without people who don't want to work toward the goal of the party.  As we saw, they are likely to leave and betray the party.  I warned against this as early as June
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »

Did he not betray the party for absolutley no good reason? Yeah, 100%
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »

Did he not betray the party for absolutley no good reason? Yeah, 100%

Vepres has made it clear that he handled the situation in a way that he is not particularly proud of. He was attacked while he was with us, now he is attacked without us. He is not a veteran, he is still new, and we need to give him a fair shot to be himself and redeem himself for what you might perceive as wrongdoing. We've all made mistakes, and we'll all make more.
One of the main goals of the RPP as such a large party is to acquint newbies with the game and give them a footing, Vepres decided he knew what was best after about 2 weeks
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies