The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64483 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »

I just want to publicize a constitutional amendment I have introduced in the Senate here. Because of the wide-scale changes this would create in our system of government, we really need to hear from all citizens before we pass anything on to a public referendum. Post in the thread and air your thoughts, suggestions, etc.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=97801.msg2042922#msg2042922

Thank you, but what thread are you referring to? This one, or the thread where the amendment is being debated?
I believe he means the link he posted at the end of the message. This is a newspaper, not a debating thread. Smiley

Though I am glad it is stimulating debate.
My personal thoughts...(I'll write something up later probably and post it in the official thread for it)
It could potentially confuse a lot of people. I think we should allow plenty of time for people to understand it. I would recommend it taking effect on Jan. 1, 2010, so people won't have an excuse for being confused.

Well, a public awareness campaign by the government as well as the Sentinel's coverage should be sufficient.

I think a delay clause would be appropriate, possibly to the next presidential election, to ensure that people know what's going on and we allow the regional offices which are eliminated to serve out their terms. It would also give the regions time to reform their constitutions in anticipation of the offices they will likely want to fill.

I see a problem. If there is no regional legislature, will they get no representatives? Or will they be decided by public vote?

Quite true, like the Northeast, whose Legislature has been inactive for over a year.  The Senate would have to address this.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Someone should change the first page of the Wiki to say "President: Vacant and Vice President: Vacant".  And make a page called "The Atlasian 2009 Constitutional Crisis"!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

I would urge all Atlasians to accept this rulling for the good of the country and to not hold any bitterness, anger, or resentement over this rulling.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:34:37 PM »

We can project that RowanBrandon will be elected to the Senate.

That makes this the current make up of the Senate:

Yellow - RPP
Light Blue - DA
Green - JCP

I like the graphic! Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »

I like the graphic, they're always fun.

Especially when the seats are Blue and Green! Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2011, 01:18:06 PM by Barnes »

Sue! Sue! Sue! Tongue

Also, it doesn't matter to me who wins the Senate race. But the law should be served. And knowing Marokai, I think he'd agree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies