Is having "In God We Trust" on money, buildings, etc. constitutional? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is having "In God We Trust" on money, buildings, etc. constitutional? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Is having "In God We Trust" on money, buildings, etc. constitutional?  (Read 24657 times)
Vindex

« on: June 26, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »

Perhaps one should read the first two paragraphs of the  Declaration of Independence.  In the second paragraph, one reads:  “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”  “— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

Now, let’s look at the words used by the writer of this document.  “These truths” means that it is not a lie.  It is fact or correct.  “To be Self-evident” means that it is obvious.  Also note that the writer lists those truths.  One of these items is that man is endowed (given) unalienable (not transferable) Rights.  Who gave man these rights?  God gave man these rights.  These rights are protected by the Constitution.  They are NOT rights given to us by the Constitution, but rather rights that are given to us by God and PROTECTED by the Constitution. 

The Founding Fathers created a government based on God’s Laws which goes back to what may be referred to as foundational law.  This foundational law is known as God’s law.  For example, thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not steal, etc.  These are GOOD laws and government should be in place to punish the evil doer.  If there was no foundation for law, then how chaotic would the world be?  Laws must be founded upon something that determines what is right (good) and what is not right (evil).  Man must learn the difference by knowing God’s law (the word).  So who should we trust to give us the correct information on being good?  God of course.  So having “In God We Trust” on currency should not be an issue to anyone.  Whether or not an individual believes in God the Creator is one thing they must decide for themselves.  Just know that our land’s laws are established on a principle set in place by the Creator. 

By the way, “allah” and God are not the same.  Studying such matter will prove this fact.  The Bible never uses this word as a name for God.  Moses asked God for his name, and God answered “I AM WHO I AM”… that should be sufficient for all of us. 

I hope this has been helpful.
Check out www.TeamLaw.org
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies