Mark Sanford goes missing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:00:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15380 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 11:04:59 AM »

Why?

Listen, I know a lot of you new posters want the colors flip flopped but you're really confusing me with that blue avatar.

Well, whatever, but...

Maddow seems very intelligent, and (from what I've seen of her) she can express her point of view without being an asshole about it.  I caught her on "Race for the White House" one day last year, filling in for David Gregory as moderator, and there was no way of knowing which side of the aisle she came from.  She was able to remain completely objective, and I was really impressed.  I also caught her on Air America a couple of times (where she has almost no reason to be accomodating) and she was still extremely sensible. 

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »

Why?

Listen, I know a lot of you new posters want the colors flip flopped but you're really confusing me with that blue avatar.

Well, whatever, but...

Maddow seems very intelligent, and (from what I've seen of her) she can express her point of view without being an asshole about it.  I caught her on "Race for the White House" one day last year, filling in for David Gregory as moderator, and there was no way of knowing which side of the aisle she came from.  She was able to remain completely objective, and I was really impressed.  I also caught her on Air America a couple of times (where she has almost no reason to be accomodating) and she was still extremely sensible. 

*Gasp*

People can like talk-show hosts they don't agree with. I can't believe it. This is outragous[/SARCASM]

I like Shep Smith, even though I think he's wrong about most things. 

That's not what this thread is about though, now back on topic...
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

Why?

Well, whatever, but...

I've heard her on Air America a few times, and she came off as arrogant and holier than thou, especially when talking about Republicans. Her tv show is better though.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

I've heard her on Air America a few times, and she came off as arrogant and holier than thou, especially when talking about Republicans. Her tv show is better though.

Well, like I said, I only heard her once or twice.  And only a couple of minutes at a clip.  So I could be wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Sanford's hike apparently coincided with a naked hike on Sunday. CNN just reported that.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Sanford's hike apparently coincided with a naked hike on Sunday. CNN just reported that.

Shocked
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 02:03:53 PM »

Shocked

!!!
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »

Sanford apparently hasn't talked to his wife yet after leaving his home.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/23/first-on-the-cnn-ticker-sanford-wife-still-havent-spoken/

Yep, it's an affair.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »

I really don't see any reason to believe this is an affair.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

This is certainly strange..... I think he's just beefing up his libertarian credentials for his Presidential run by governing our state by leaving it entirely.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »

If Mark Sanford ever indicated he never had any ambition for higher office beyond being governor of South Carolina, apparently he meant it....  Tongue
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...
you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care.  The latest development in the story is that his car was found at an Atlanta airport
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »

I see no reason to believe that the governor wasn't telling us the truth when he claims that he spent the last five days hiking the Appalachian Trail with no apparent hiking companion without telling his family or staff or even apparent means of communication.  That's obviously the most logical and sensible answer to this whole mess.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?
you're still an ass I see.  Oh well
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »

Aliens.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »

I didn't even consider the fact that he might be having an affair when I first heard about it. Am I stupid sometimes or what. That sounds very likely. It seems at least he hasn't been kidnapped or something, thank God.

He might just have went to the countryside to work on his book as being suggested, but the more I think about it the more likely an affair seems. I hope not though.

I think while Sanford may be boneheaded, he might be a little better at conducting an affair.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:59 PM »

you're still an ass I see.  Oh well

Convincing counter.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »

I see no reason to believe that the governor wasn't telling us the truth when he claims that he spent the last five days hiking the Appalachian Trail with no apparent hiking companion without telling his family or staff or even apparent means of communication.  That's obviously the most logical and sensible answer to this whole mess.

You would think that he would go with at the least a camera/cell phone.

I couldn't imagine going hiking without one, and I'm not much of a fan of cell phones.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 02:00:36 AM »

I don't think Sanford is having an affair.  I think he's just a weird, eccentric guy.  Remember, this is someone who tears up over fiscal discipline.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 04:14:31 AM »

So now there's a federal agent who claims he saw Sanford at the Atlanta airport, which doesn't mesh with his story:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19837234/detail.html

Also, Politico has a story out about Sanford's eccentricities, and how they might not play so well on the national stage:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24109.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »

Wow,this guy is definitely...interesting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »

Wow,this guy is definitely...interesting.

Good for him, really I mean it. It shows that he's not a typical stuck up politician. I don't see anything wrong with getting away from things a while to clear your head. People react differently to stressful situations.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »

Just found this on the Tampa Trib.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SC_GOVERNOR_WHERE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good for him!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies