DE-Sen: Mike Castle (R) to Run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:04:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DE-Sen: Mike Castle (R) to Run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DE-Sen: Mike Castle (R) to Run  (Read 9640 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »

At this point, I'd rather him not run. He wouldn't try to keep Dems in check. So what is the point in getting him to run?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

At this point, I'd rather him not run. He wouldn't try to keep Dems in check. So what is the point in getting him to run?

From a Republican perspective, would you rather have somebody that votes with you 50% of the time or 0%?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »

He leans conservative, though is pretty moderate. It's better than a Democrat.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »

Who cares? He voted for Crap-and-Trade. It doesn't matter what letter he has next to his name.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

How do you (and States) come up with this stuff? Groundbreaking comedy here, folks!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 06:48:05 PM »

Who can really beat him?  I've always thought of Delaware as a State that just reelects people, and Castle has been running statewide (and winning) since 1980.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »

From a Republican perspective, would you rather have somebody that votes with you 50% of the time or 0%?

It's called principle. Try it, sometime.

Republicans vary a lot on social issues and even a little on economic ones, but Cap and Trade is a big no-no.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »

Republicans vary a lot on social issues and even a little on economic ones, but Cap and Trade is a big no-no.

It's called stupidity. Are you seriously saying you prefer party line DEMs to "RINOs"?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »

It's called stupidity. Are you seriously saying you prefer party line DEMs to "RINOs"?

No, try learning to read. The again, you are probably thinking that I'm asking if you like fish.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

No, try learning to read. The again, you are probably thinking that I'm asking if you like fish.

Son, try to learn spelling before attempting to prove your wit to one of our most respected members.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 03:38:53 PM »

Son, try to learn spelling before attempting to prove your wit to one of our most respected members.

I'm not trying to be witty. I feel sorry for you that you do think it is just that.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:20 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2009, 03:59:03 PM by Senator Franzl »

This is what you said. If there's "no point" in getting him to run, you appear to claim that a Senator Castle would vote practically the same way as any Democrat.

Do you also believe that Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins are as bad as a partisan Democrat?

It baffles me that you'd not prefer someone who votes your views 50-60% of the time compared to someone who never shares your opinions.

Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »

This is what you said. If there's "no point" in getting him to run, you appear to claim that a Senator Castle would vote practically the same way as any Democrat.

Do you also believe that Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins are as bad as a partisan Democrat?

It baffles me that you'd not prefer someone who votes your views 50-60% of the time compared to someone who never shares your opinions.

It's even higher than 50-60%, it's 80 freaking percent, I'd take Castle in a heartbeat.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »

It's even higher than 50-60%, it's 80 freaking percent, I'd take Castle in a heartbeat.

Yes I actually like Castle. Even if I didn't I realise that if we have a Majority Leader McConnel or Kyl, they could simply prevent bad legislation from comming to the floor and the more of these Blue states we peel of Senate seats in the closer we will be to the Majority whether it be in 2012 or 2014 or 2016. The sooner we get the majority the better it is for all conservatives.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2009, 09:34:54 PM by TrueRepublicIran »

Let me spell it out again.

Core issue= Denied

Other issues don't matter, if a core issue is ignored.

Yes, that means putting up someone less likely to be elected.

I have one foot out the door myself on the Republican Party, but that's because the Republicans are showing a lack of core support for fiscal conservatism. That and their obsession with social conservatism. It goes completely against principle.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies