Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18727 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »

Lets see...
We are a financial superpower and that shows no sign of decline

With the exception of the murdering babies part, Our morals have increased as we have extended the Constitutional rights to all of our citizens and not just white males

And at least kids today have the freedom to not care... as a hundred years ago they would have started working in a factory when they were eight.

I'd say that's an improvement over the horrible days which your avatar glorifies.

Lets see we are now mostly a Import nation, our morals are slowly declining with legalized abortion and now trying to legalize homosexual marriage. Look at the kids, so many of them today dont even care. I hope that changes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2004, 02:29:13 PM »

I'd say that's an improvement over the horrible days which your avatar glorifies.

Though they may have been horrible in some ways. The people and the states back then had the cajones to stand up to the Federal Govt. They would have never tolerated some of the govt areas today with the IRS being a example.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2004, 02:30:45 PM »

Because in the mind of the average American, the L-word is synonomous with irresponsible tax-and-spend policies and dope-smoking hippies.

If this gay marriage debate gets out of hand and we don't reign in our own irresponsible borrow-and-spend policies, the word "Conservative" might be just as tarnished soon.

Exactly! But the whole point is that if you are in a party stand up for your beliefs and state them. Nothing is getting done because its been locked up since Clinton came in and it just keeps getting worse every time around. Career politicians are the problem, the founders never intended Politics to be the main job of any Congressman or President. They would farm or practice law and when Congress was in session they would go and do that as like a second job or part time job.

I was watching CNN a week ago and the Republicans in the discussion were calling Kerry a Liberal. The Democrats refused and they argues, loudly, about it. Why is it bad to be a Liberal? Democrats are the LEFT party. Here we have a LIBERAL party. I just don't see the problem of being a Liberal.

I agree Career politicians lose perspective over time I think. They end up speaking in Politicanese and ignore who they're actually there for, their constituents, not the party.

Siege40
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2004, 02:32:28 PM »

The Republicans need to put their foot down and say "Gay Marriage isnt right, it destroys the family, lets keep it illegal"
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2004, 02:36:16 PM »

Whose family is it destroying?  Families are destroyed by adultery, selfishness, and all sorts of things.

For me, its more of a question of consistency.  I think its far too easy to get married and far too easy to get divorced.  Marriage should be for individuals who truly intend to be with their partner forever and intend to have children.  All other relationships might be best classified as civil unions.

The Republicans need to put their foot down and say "Gay Marriage isnt right, it destroys the family, lets keep it illegal"
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2004, 02:42:28 PM »

Lets see we are now mostly a Import nation, our morals are slowly declining with legalized abortion and now trying to legalize homosexual marriage. Look at the kids, so many of them today dont even care. I hope that changes.

Yeah, b/c children in the good old days really cared...about what?

And the stuff about being an import nation, please. Modern economy, globalization, hello? And how does the legalization of gay marriage destroy the moral fabric or whatever.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2004, 04:13:55 PM »

I hope that the whole gay marriage debate encourages people to look at what ails the institution of heterosexual marriage.

I agree that it is too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced, especially when there are children involved.  While the whole idea of marriage was to create an environment conducive to raising children, today many people see no particular need to raise their children inside a marriage.  The results have been an economic and social catastrophe.

No-fault divorce has effectively put the government on the side of the partner who wants to void the marriage contract, whether or not he/she has valid reasons.  The rejected marriage partner has no rights, especially if it is the wife filing for divorce.  This is especially true when children are involved.  It is a very sad situation, one for which feminists are largely to blame.

I told somebody I know who's gay to be careful what he wishes for when it comes to gay marriage.  All is not well with the institution of marriage in America.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »

100% correct

I hope that the whole gay marriage debate encourages people to look at what ails the institution of heterosexual marriage.

I agree that it is too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced, especially when there are children involved.  While the whole idea of marriage was to create an environment conducive to raising children, today many people see no particular need to raise their children inside a marriage.  The results have been an economic and social catastrophe.

No-fault divorce has effectively put the government on the side of the partner who wants to void the marriage contract, whether or not he/she has valid reasons.  The rejected marriage partner has no rights, especially if it is the wife filing for divorce.  This is especially true when children are involved.  It is a very sad situation, one for which feminists are largely to blame.

I told somebody I know who's gay to be careful what he wishes for when it comes to gay marriage.  All is not well with the institution of marriage in America.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2004, 05:40:01 PM »

The whole fabric of the institution of marriage will be destroyed by homosexuals being allowed to get married. Marriage is about raising children. Such a immoral thing as letting homosexuals get married would add to our problems of single family homes. The whole situation is a sad story and even sadder for the American people. I agree it should be tougher to get married, but it should be tougher for people to just have as many kids as they want out of wedlock. Their are a lot of confused b*st*rd kids running around this nation these days and it's disturbing.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2004, 05:55:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How?

Agreed.. but why aren't you up in arms about straight people getting married w/o the intent of having children?

The whole fabric of the institution of marriage will be destroyed by homosexuals being allowed to get married. Marriage is about raising children. Such a immoral thing as letting homosexuals get married would add to our problems of single family homes. The whole situation is a sad story and even sadder for the American people. I agree it should be tougher to get married, but it should be tougher for people to just have as many kids as they want out of wedlock. Their are a lot of confused b*st*rd kids running around this nation these days and it's disturbing.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2004, 07:06:56 PM »

Look what the legalization of homosexual marriage has done to Norway. Only 24% of people are married. Allowing a immoral act to be legalized is disgusting. I dont think you should not be allowed to get married if you dont have children. Some women or men are unable to have children. If a couple (meaning man and woman) love each other they should be able to get married.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2004, 07:52:38 PM »

Legalizing gay marriage will highlight one important part of marriage--the fact that it is a partnership between equals.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2004, 08:27:47 PM »

So you agree with me that it is too easy to get married... but you complain that not enough Norwegians are married?

But if another couple (that happens to be a man and a man, or a woman and a woman) love each other, you should get to decide whether their relationship is valid or not?

Look what the legalization of homosexual marriage has done to Norway. Only 24% of people are married. Allowing a immoral act to be legalized is disgusting. I dont think you should not be allowed to get married if you dont have children. Some women or men are unable to have children. If a couple (meaning man and woman) love each other they should be able to get married.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2004, 08:45:14 PM »

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Simple enough, look up the definition. Marriage has always been a religious institution. Are you really a republican?
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2004, 08:58:08 AM »

I don't know if we can give Marriage a purpose, by saying it's about having children doesn't that make love irrelevant? Therefore after the kids are born and raised you can get divorced. People that can't have children are not really married.

Though I agree in that the trivialization of marriage should be stopped I don’t think that there’s anything you can do about it. You could make divorce back into what it was in the old days, only possible if one party is doing something detrimental to the other, i.e. abuse, or wasting money, or something like that.

Gay people should be able to get married, get divorced and lose half their stuff like the rest of us.

Siege40
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2004, 10:34:37 AM »

Face it, Homosexuality is wrong in the first place and allowing them to get married would be a slap in the face to all thats good and destroy our country. Yes I agree it should go back to the old way! Where you can only get divorced in cases of abuse or adultery. Just saying "I dont like you anymore and I want a divorce." is NOT good enough. All these children being raised in single parent homes are disturbing. It's messing up childrens perspectives on life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2004, 10:42:04 AM »

What you're missing is that those problems only occur b/c of the social taboos you have. The marriage rate in Sweden is low b/c people only marry once they're sure of what they're doing. I think that's much better. And there is no link between homosexuals marrying and heterosexuals divorcing. Moreover, thinking that it would be good for children to grow up in dysfunctional families where the parents hate each pother is just insane. It can b eperfectly OK for kids to grow up with divorced parents, if the parents handle it the right way.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2004, 10:48:21 AM »

What you're missing is that those problems only occur b/c of the social taboos you have. The marriage rate in Sweden is low b/c people only marry once they're sure of what they're doing. I think that's much better. And there is no link between homosexuals marrying and heterosexuals divorcing. Moreover, thinking that it would be good for children to grow up in dysfunctional families where the parents hate each pother is just insane. It can b eperfectly OK for kids to grow up with divorced parents, if the parents handle it the right way.

Not social taboos. Fact. Any good Christian or religious person who had any faith would agree. Homosexuality is WRONG. End of story. Its not natural, people arent "born that way", its something they choose and they are WRONG.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2004, 10:50:52 AM »

Not social taboos. Fact. Any good Christian or religious person who had any faith would agree. Homosexuality is WRONG. End of story. Its not natural, people arent "born that way", its something they choose and they are WRONG.

Oh, please, it isn't a fact. Are you telling me that animals, ike rats, who are homosexual chose to be? And why on Earth would people choose it, considering the prejudices they'd encounter? And why exactly would it be wrong?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2004, 10:52:25 AM »

I'm sure their are a bunch of homo rats running around. LoL. Sex is meant for reproduction between a man and a woman in the unity of marriage.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2004, 01:13:11 PM »

The idea that homosexuals are not born that way is begun to be disproven. A study done recently found that 90% of homosexuals, both male and female have a certain part of their brain that is different than normal. This part changes the operation of the brain. I only read the article briefly at the dentist's office so I have no specific details. The other 10% have normal appearing brains, I guess they're just kinky, lol.

However I don't know where to stand in the whole where to draw the line on divorce. I'd like to say only abuse etc. but Gustaf, as usual makes a good point.

Siege40
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:37 PM »

If they are born that way then what would be the answer to the very very disturbing increase of homosexuality?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2004, 01:48:39 PM »

Perhaps more are coming out, now that it's being accepted more.

Or perhaps we just have some metrosexuals in the bunch.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2004, 02:30:57 PM »

If they are born that way then what would be the answer to the very very disturbing increase of homosexuality?

There is no increase of homosexuality. Perhaps the fact that we don't kill them anymore kind of makes a difference? Like there was probably an increase of conservatives in the Soviet Union in the 90s.

And, on animals, there are homosexual animals of many different species, believe it or not.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2004, 03:35:12 PM »

Do you think Homosexuality is a natural act?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies