Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18771 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2004, 03:45:50 PM »

I do.... Perhaps my mind is just too simple to believe that individuals would purposely punish themselves and be discriminated against by the likes of you just for the hell of it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2004, 04:49:48 PM »

Do you think Homosexuality is a natural act?

I just learned that nature and natural are unscientific terms...but I guess my answer would be yes anyway.
zachman

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2004, 04:55:54 PM »

Homosexuality is surely unnormal, but it is natural. Did you see the Samantha Bee report on the Daily Show about the gay penguins? That was good.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2004, 08:59:04 PM »

Homosexuality is surely unnormal, but it is natural. Did you see the Samantha Bee report on the Daily Show about the gay penguins? That was good.

The Daily show, though good comedy, is what I hardly call reputable news.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2004, 09:00:13 PM »

I do.... Perhaps my mind is just too simple to believe that individuals would purposely punish themselves and be discriminated against by the likes of you just for the hell of it.

I wouldn't prevent one from getting a job or a car. They are wrong thats my belief and the government that I PAY should not be encouraging or supporting it.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2004, 10:32:57 PM »

I hope that the whole gay marriage debate encourages people to look at what ails the institution of heterosexual marriage.

I agree that it is too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced, especially when there are children involved.  While the whole idea of marriage was to create an environment conducive to raising children, today many people see no particular need to raise their children inside a marriage.  The results have been an economic and social catastrophe.

No-fault divorce has effectively put the government on the side of the partner who wants to void the marriage contract, whether or not he/she has valid reasons.  The rejected marriage partner has no rights, especially if it is the wife filing for divorce.  This is especially true when children are involved.  It is a very sad situation, one for which feminists are largely to blame.

I told somebody I know who's gay to be careful what he wishes for when it comes to gay marriage.  All is not well with the institution of marriage in America.

Absolutely. I suspect you're aware of this site, but just in case... http://www.ejfi.org/family/family.htm has a lot of information on this topic (and a lot of others too!).
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2004, 12:22:16 PM »

I'd like to see divorced of marriage made more... I don't know, fair. My cousin got divorced about two years ago. He has a daughter, she's almost 5 now I guess. His ex-wife gets $700 a month for child support! For a 5 year old! A five year old does not need $700 a month. The clothes, and food and what not for her during the weekdays she spends with her mom cannot be that much. The modern system of the divorce is so unfair it is unbelievable.

I think we should straighten out the system of hetro-marriage before we try to move on to homosexual marriage, which I have no problem with.

Siege40
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2004, 12:44:49 PM »

I wouldn't prevent one from getting a job or a car. They are wrong thats my belief and the government that I PAY should not be encouraging or supporting it.

They pay for it too and probably don't think they should have to pay for getting discriminated.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2004, 02:04:32 AM »

They are not being discriminated against. Their style of life is immoral, senseless, abnormal. And BTW sodomy is illegal in quite a few states.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2004, 02:19:10 AM »

Not anymore. Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2004, 11:34:06 AM »

How do they enforce that? LOL!

"The State does not belong in the bedroom of the Nation."

-Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau.

Siege40
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »

They are not being discriminated against. Their style of life is immoral, senseless, abnormal. And BTW sodomy is illegal in quite a few states.

It should be noted that sodomy includes oral sex.  So if you live in one of those states, no BJ's for you.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »

It should be noted that sodomy includes oral sex.  So if you live in one of those states, no BJ's for you.

God Bless Canada!

Siege40
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2004, 11:58:29 AM »

Make a ammendum to that law Wink
CTguy

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2004, 12:05:54 PM »

Also note that sex before marriage is against christianity...  as is contraception against the teachings of the catholic church.

Propose outlawing both of those and lets see what happens.  
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2004, 01:02:34 PM »

Make a ammendum to that law Wink

I know you're joking, but your response just begs for me to respond with something like,

But aren't BJ's "immoral, senseless, and abnormal"?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2004, 01:09:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Immoral, no, God doesnt forbid BJs.
Senseless?  Pleasure inside of marriage is no problem.
Abnormal? Depends on your definition of what "normal" is.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2004, 01:30:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Immoral, no, God doesnt forbid BJs.
Senseless?  Pleasure inside of marriage is no problem.
Abnormal? Depends on your definition of what "normal" is.

Well, what God allows and what God does not allow all depends on who you ask.  IMHO, everyone is entitled to their religious beliefs as long as they don't impose them on others.  Some people believe that because oral sex is technically sodomy, God forbids it.  Should it be illegal?  No ... that would be ridiculous.

What I find incredibly ironic is that since the TX anti-sodomy law was struck down we now have the following situation.  Casual sex between 2 people who hardly know each other is legal.  But a committed loving relationship between 2 individuals is illegal because of their sexuality.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2004, 02:57:25 PM »

I don't think that the bible should be translated into Law. More specifically no law should be taken on the basis because it is in the bible. The bible was written 2000 years ago. Parts of the bible allow and disallow a lot of things, like Slavery, and beatin women and children, and killing people. Don't ask me where, I haven't read the thing. This is based on an article I read. So the bible is not rock solid, it contridicts itself and likely doesn't apply to all parts of our modern world.

Siege40
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2004, 01:59:38 AM »

I don't think that the bible should be translated into Law. More specifically no law should be taken on the basis because it is in the bible. The bible was written 2000 years ago. Parts of the bible allow and disallow a lot of things, like Slavery, and beatin women and children, and killing people. Don't ask me where, I haven't read the thing. This is based on an article I read. So the bible is not rock solid, it contridicts itself and likely doesn't apply to all parts of our modern world.

Siege40

Maybe you were reading the Koran? The bible doesnt teach people to beat women and children. It doesn't say to have slaves it says "Masters treat your slaves fairly, slaves treat you masters fairly" or close to that. Killing people? It says "Thou shall not commit murder". The bible supports capital punishment but not wholesale killing of non-believers.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2004, 10:24:21 AM »

The fact that you think they're immoral, senseless and abnormal doesn't mean that they are not being discriminated against. Tongue And a lot of things are the above without being prohibited.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2004, 11:35:25 AM »

It's the acceptance of these things that leads to the destruction of a society. I mean, in your world everything is acceptable almost. I mean dont you have any moral bounds? If your wife cheated on you because she saw that it was ok on t.v. would you accept that? Is it acceptable that America got flashed by a not so pretty woman on tv at the SuperBowl?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2004, 12:56:16 PM »

It's the acceptance of these things that leads to the destruction of a society. I mean, in your world everything is acceptable almost. I mean dont you have any moral bounds? If your wife cheated on you because she saw that it was ok on t.v. would you accept that? Is it acceptable that America got flashed by a not so pretty woman on tv at the SuperBowl?

Everything isn't acceptable in my world. Far from. Things that are morally repulsive, that there are sound moral arguments against, such as cheating, stealing, etc I am against. I find a lot of things distasteful and wrong. I dislike the colour orange, modern 'art', violent action movies, etc. I think they're a bad influence on society. But I don't like the governemnt buttin into it and regulating stuff like that. I want to live in a free society where people can do things that do not hurt other people. And homosexuality does not.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2004, 01:04:08 PM »

Yes, but for the example of the Super Bowl. Janet Jackson exposed herself on national t.v.. Don't you think its ok for the FCC to fine them for such an action? Remember, the FCC owns the airwaves and leases them out to radio and t.v. stations. It's not like you can get on t.v. and just broadcast whatever. MTV is what is encouraging children in a bad way. The use of curse words like common words is also to be denounced. I think its the job of the govt, whether it be state or local to fine organizations for flagarent violations of conduct.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2004, 01:06:26 PM »

Yes, but for the example of the Super Bowl. Janet Jackson exposed herself on national t.v.. Don't you think its ok for the FCC to fine them for such an action? Remember, the FCC owns the airwaves and leases them out to radio and t.v. stations. It's not like you can get on t.v. and just broadcast whatever. MTV is what is encouraging children in a bad way. The use of curse words like common words is also to be denounced. I think its the job of the govt, whether it be state or local to fine organizations for flagarent violations of conduct.

Well, I didn't approve of the Janet Jackson thing. But all of those things are ruled by the laws of the market. People who want to watch MTV can do that and oay for it, those who don't don't. If you can convince enough people of your way (teh goal for any Christian, right?) you win and they disappear.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies