Citi strikes again!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:16:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Citi strikes again!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Citi strikes again!  (Read 3208 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

Did it ever dawn on you to try to I dunno get some people specialized if there are so many unemployed?  Still not buying it.

I don't understand the question.

Selectively I'm sure.  My point is the "talent retention" argument simply is not gonna suffice with me or a lot of other people in this economy.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »

Did it ever dawn on you to try to I dunno get some people specialized if there are so many unemployed?  Still not buying it.

Selectively I'm sure.  My point is the "talent retention" argument simply is not gonna suffice with me or a lot of other people in this economy.

Believe it or not, some skill sets are STILL in hot demand, even in this economy.  And in the ETRM arena, we've been untouched by the downturn.  In fact, 2008 and 2009 have been great years.

In any case...Didn't I just explain to you that I have firsthand knowledge of Citi's Houston staff leaving in droves for greener pastures?  Why don't you get that?  And as long as you or "a lot of other people in this economy" can't handle that, clients like mine are going to continue raiding Citi.

Which is fine with me.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »

Believe it or not, some skill sets are STILL in hot demand, even in this economy.  And in the ETRM arena, we've been untouched by the downturn.  In fact, 2008 and 2009 have been great years.

In any case...Didn't I just explain to you that I have firsthand knowledge of Citi's Houston staff leaving in droves for greener pastures?  Why don't you get that?  And as long as you or "a lot of other people in this economy" can't handle that, clients like mine are going to continue raiding Citi.

Which is fine with me.

In any supply and demand equation- with the lesser bonuses there should be more training to make more people qualified for the positions available you're talking about.  I just love this concept of a "hidden job market" yet people want to play charades about it.  As for me I have to peruse Monster, CareerBuilder, and mediocre or slippery recruiters.  I'm young and from a working class background so my "networking connections" that some experts say is the best way to get a job aren't simply gonna be there for me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:49 AM »

Haha, jmfcst's 'skill set' includes using trite corporate buzz-words seriously.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »

In any supply and demand equation- with the lesser bonuses there should be more training to make more people qualified for the positions available you're talking about.  I just love this concept of a "hidden job market" yet people want to play charades about it.  As for me I have to peruse Monster, CareerBuilder, and mediocre or slippery recruiters.  I'm young and from a working class background so my "networking connections" that some experts say is the best way to get a job aren't simply gonna be there for me.

Well, at Citi, I am sure they are scrabbling to fill the vacancies left by the exodus; maybe you should put your resume in there.

Look, the reason why this doesn't add up to you is that you're trying to equate their situation with yours.  But they have 10-20 years of industry experience and a proven track record in a highly sought after niche market that takes at least 5 years to learn.

That doesn't mean your situation is hopeless; rather it is the short supply of this high demand skillset that has a lot of these companies placing junior people under the wings of those having experience.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »

But, when he's about to tell a real whopper he often starts his post with "dude."
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »

But, when he's about to tell a real whopper he often starts his post with "dude."

Dude, I typically use "dude" when I am annoyed in having to lay out the obvious basic facts, facts which you obviously consider "real whoppers".   

Basically, dude, "dude" signifies me saying a) "[*sigh*] Why am I having to explain this!", or b) "[*sigh*] Why did you go there?!"

And, dude, I typically use "dude" when responding to c) those who are ignorant of the basics, or d) those who are making very presumptuous comments about things which they know little to nothing, or e) a combination of c and d.

Finally, dude, as an added obvious point, you're causing me to do both a and b, because you fall into categories c and d...which means you also fall into e, dude!

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

Dude, I typically use "dude" when I am annoyed in having to lay out the obvious basic facts, facts which you obviously consider "real whoppers".   

Basically, dude, "dude" signifies me saying a) "[*sigh*] Why am I having to explain this!", or b) "[*sigh*] Why did you go there?!"

And, dude, I typically use "dude" when responding to c) those who are ignorant of the basics, or d) those who are making very presumptuous comments about things which they know little to nothing, or e) a combination of c and d.

Finally, dude, as an added obvious point, you're causing me to do both a and b, because you fall into categories c and d...which means you also fall into e, dude!

Well, dude, your amazing ignorance of currency exchange, coupled with your assertion of such extensive knowledge of the subject, means you are really a "dude," in the sense you use the term.

So far I have cited in my posts, numerous authorities, and ample data.  You have cited your beliefs and your "faith." 

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »

Well, dude, your amazing ignorance of currency exchange, coupled with your assertion of such extensive knowledge of the subject, means you are really a "dude," in the sense you use the term.

So far I have cited in my posts, numerous authorities, and ample data.  You have cited your beliefs and your "faith." 

now what?  currency exchange?  name a statement I've made in that area you disagree with
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies