Sanford Admits Affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:06:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sanford Admits Affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Sanford Admits Affair  (Read 23513 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »
« edited: June 26, 2009, 09:14:07 AM by Mechaman »

As much as social conservatives having fairs is lulzy, I think I'll have a heartattack if either Tom Coburn or Jim Inhofe are revealed to be having affairs. Especially Inhofe:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Truly one of the lowest points in the history of the US Senate.
It's up (or down?) there with Charles Sumner's beating.

And to think this guy represents me in the US Senate.....truly disgusting. Hell, he's even from the same city (Tulsa). Now does everyone know why I'm so anti-social conservative?

Mechman, I thought it was because you graduated from ORU.   ;-)

No, I got to Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond, OK. I just live in Tulsa with my parents during the summer. OC is a bit more sane than ORU, lol.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:36 AM »

Let's get back on track:

Sanford, hypocrite, douchebag, dickhead, mischeivious (is that the word) bastard!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

As much as social conservatives having fairs is lulzy, I think I'll have a heartattack if either Tom Coburn or Jim Inhofe are revealed to be having affairs. Especially Inhofe:

And to think this guy represents me in the US Senate.....truly disgusting. Hell, he's even from the same city (Tulsa). Now does everyone know why I'm so anti-social conservative?

No, I got to Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond, OK. I just live in Tulsa with my parents during the summer. OC is a bit more sane than ORU, lol.

What?  No 900-foot Jesus?  ;-)    I don't know about OCU but I am sure it's a good place. 
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »

What?  No 900-foot Jesus?  ;-)    I don't know about OCU but I am sure it's a good place. 

OCU is actually pretty liberal for a christian college in the middle of friggin Oklahoma (student body wise). The people I hang around with there are pretty left in ideaology, I guess they would be around your PM score. I think on average the student body there would be described as "moderate", it must be because of the university's emphasis on "liberal arts" that attracts alot of art students that makes this an oddly liberal christian college.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »

New rule: If you're having an affair on your spouse, you have zero grounds to oppose gay marriage. There are millions of gays and lesbians who've maintained long term, loving monogamous relationships, and they know far more than you about maintaining a marriage.

Y'know what? Let's extend this rule. If you're divorced, unless you can with a clear conscience believe you had no hand in your marriage's breakup (e.g. ex was abusive, serially promiscuous, etc), you have no right to oppose gay marriage either. If you couldn't do it right, what right do you have denying that right to millions of stable homosexual relationships that truly will be until death do we part?

Quit plagarising from that worthless "reporter" Begala.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »

New rule: If you're having an affair on your spouse, you have zero grounds to oppose gay marriage. There are millions of gays and lesbians who've maintained long term, loving monogamous relationships, and they know far more than you about maintaining a marriage.

Y'know what? Let's extend this rule. If you're divorced, unless you can with a clear conscience believe you had no hand in your marriage's breakup (e.g. ex was abusive, serially promiscuous, etc), you have no right to oppose gay marriage either. If you couldn't do it right, what right do you have denying that right to millions of stable homosexual relationships that truly will be until death do we part?

Quit plagarising from that worthless "reporter" Begala.

Sorry, these are my thoughts and mine alone. Never heard of (Paul?) Begala's take on it until now.

Whatsa matter? Does this definition fit you?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

New SurveyUSA poll (done yesterday among 500 SC adults):

Based on what you know, should Governor Mark Sanford remain in office? Or resign?

Resign: 69%
Remain in office: 28%

Do you have trust? Or no trust? In Sanford's ability to function as governor of South Carolina?

No Trust: 63%
Trust: 30%

Is Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer ... completely prepared to be governor? Somewhat prepared? Or not prepared to be governor?

Prepared: 58%
Not prepared: 34%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=77091dd5-e050-4846-af54-9b3f42e0060f
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »

58% think Bauer is ready to govern!?! Yikes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

92% Recognize, let alone have an opinion of, their state's Lt. Governor? Double yikes!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »

92% Recognize, let alone have an opinion of, their state's Lt. Governor? Double yikes!

Lt. Governors run independently of Governors, so they usually have some name recognition anyway, plus Bauer has done plenty of things both on purpose and not on purpose to get himself in the news during the past six and a half years.

I don't much care for Bauer, but I don't think he could be less effective than Sanford has been this year.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2009, 11:43:58 PM »

New SurveyUSA poll (done on July 2 among 600 SC adults):

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Mark Sanford is doing as Governor?

32% Approve
62% Disapprove

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Andre Bauer is doing as Lieutenant Governor?

49% Approve
38% Disapprove

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=3c402517-7727-446b-8d64-d80c70f3ea5f
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies