Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18797 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: March 01, 2004, 10:15:36 PM »

Come on Demos lets be Honest now! I know its hard to be! :-)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 10:18:21 AM »

What questionable Vietnam service?
I thought that Kerry was a war hero...

I recieved an email about it but I have since lost it. I can give you a basic run down.

Spent 4 months in Vietnam. Earned a Bronze Star, Silver Star, Three Purple Hearts. Asked to go home for the last 8 months of his tour. Says he was wounded in the leg but was never seen walking with any limp. Was on a river boat and was under attack by the enemy with a RPG, they used a .50 Caliber on him and Kerry Claims after two shots with a .50 caliber the enemy got back up, so they beached the boat and he hopped off and killed the guy. This story sounds fantastic just typing it out. If anyone can prove that someone can get hit with a .50 caliber round and get up I'd like to hear from them. I am working on digging up the email and I will post it when I get it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 01:45:56 AM »

Umm ... 3 things ...

(1) The "Jane Fonda" picture was proven to be false.  Even still, should we dig around to see if we can find a picture of Ronald Reagan with Jane Fonda and then crucify him?  I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Go to snopes.com. You are correct ONE of the Kerry with Fonda photos is false but their is another one of them at a rally together which is proven fact. The only are referring to is of them on a stage or something shaking hands. Check out the photo section of Snopes.com
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »

If I was Kerry I would worry about it. Stamping your medals into the dirt and hanging with Hanoi Jane. Something to be real proud of. I'm not worried though Bush will be re-elected, Democrats senators are saying that too! LoL What hope for the Democrats this year. Sen. Zel Miller and Dick Morris both were saying Kerry is a weak candidate and is going to get hammered on the National Security front. John "Walter Mondale" Kerry will lose, Bush will win 58% etch it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 11:23:50 AM »

I'm just slamming Democrats back for their slamming of Bushs' military service. They accuse him of going AWOL and etc. But no one says "Hey that was 30 years ago". IMHO military service does not amount to a good presidency. And I'll use the Democrats hero FDR as a shining example of a Non-Veteran who was a successful president.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 11:35:20 AM »

Ok, here's my question. If you were rich and had a lot of power and influence would you want your son sent to the front lines of a war? Did you know JFK was kept back from the front lines by his father begging FDR to keep him back. Yes, I do know about the PT-109 incident, but where it occured was considered a out of the way area of the South Pacific. I dont blame any person of power for keeping their child out of harms way. If I had money and influence I sure would.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 01:53:27 AM »

Kerry is going to get slammed on his constant flip flopping of opinions and  his voting record. I'm sorry Democrats, I dont think this year is your year.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 02:57:33 AM »

The Kerry massacre is begining. I feel sorry for how humiliated the Democrats are going to be come January 20th.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 01:54:42 AM »

Bush is right on his stance on Gay Marriage. I am still undecided about the amendment thing, but when he says its wrong he's right. Right now the states that are giving licenses are doing it ILLEGALLY. Bush is right when he says Judges are out of control. Many judges are legislating from the bench and they arent doing anything about these quacky mayors who are clearly violating the law of the land. That one mayor in upstate New York said after he gets out of jail he is going to preform even more ceremonies. Gay Marriage, right or wrong is against the law currently and as such the law should be respected.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 02:07:24 AM »

Soulty you hit the nail right on the head! I love the N'Easterners who preach that they are better then the South because they weren't racist. What a crock, the Northeast had the same racial problems and issues the south had. It wasn't localized.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 01:22:10 PM »

Soulty you are so on the money.

Dependence = Slavery
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 02:16:18 PM »

I'm glad to see their are Yankees with common sense.

(just ribbing yall)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 02:22:18 PM »

Where did you find that selector at?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 06:10:43 PM »

My #1 result was the Desert Southwest. My#2 result was Texas. Interesting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2004, 09:21:09 PM »

This is getting really emotional...

You have no idea how emotional class/cultural/regional issues are in the US.  Basically rural areas in most of the country, and the South as a whole, resent, even hate, the liberal urban elites (and coincidentally their poor racial dependents).  The urban leftist elites despise the above mentioned ruralites.  I can tell you that rural people who are nowhere near the South actually identify or at least strongly sympathize with the South.

Certainly. Politics and culture do tend to coincide. It is very interesting that on this board (and in real life) the conservatives are sympathizing with the South and the liberals aren't. Regardless of where they actually live. My region in N.C. has a relatively proportion of people who are either migrants from the North and/or liberals. Very few liberals here identify with the Southern culture even if they grew up here.

That's sad NCLib, that the native southerners have forgotten their roots. Their is so much culture and pride in being a southerner and giving it up for the ways of our Northern neighbors is depressing
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 09:47:54 PM »

Taxes is the only explanation for a Kerry loss in NH.  

NH has no historym and I'm not real proud of it.

Moving.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 10:06:42 PM »

In the south its split with urban areas. Tampa and Jacksonville both went Republican last time and Tampa has a VERY strong Republican Cuban base.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 02:01:53 PM »

I agree Siege, and thats why I see it a very very big uphill struggle for Kerry. Believe me, when the Bush campaign goes full blast Kerry is going to get flattened.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 02:12:08 PM »

The parties are both scared to say what they believe and that aggravates the heck out of me. The Republicans should say what they believe and the Democrats should to (no matter how wrong they are). The nation is polarized and I don't know what its going to take to give our nation a kick in the butt. Just the slow decline of our great nation.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 02:18:50 PM »

Exactly! But the whole point is that if you are in a party stand up for your beliefs and state them. Nothing is getting done because its been locked up since Clinton came in and it just keeps getting worse every time around. Career politicians are the problem, the founders never intended Politics to be the main job of any Congressman or President. They would farm or practice law and when Congress was in session they would go and do that as like a second job or part time job.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 02:22:43 PM »

Lets see we are now mostly a Import nation, our morals are slowly declining with legalized abortion and now trying to legalize homosexual marriage. Look at the kids, so many of them today dont even care. I hope that changes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 02:29:13 PM »

I'd say that's an improvement over the horrible days which your avatar glorifies.

Though they may have been horrible in some ways. The people and the states back then had the cajones to stand up to the Federal Govt. They would have never tolerated some of the govt areas today with the IRS being a example.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 02:32:28 PM »

The Republicans need to put their foot down and say "Gay Marriage isnt right, it destroys the family, lets keep it illegal"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 05:40:01 PM »

The whole fabric of the institution of marriage will be destroyed by homosexuals being allowed to get married. Marriage is about raising children. Such a immoral thing as letting homosexuals get married would add to our problems of single family homes. The whole situation is a sad story and even sadder for the American people. I agree it should be tougher to get married, but it should be tougher for people to just have as many kids as they want out of wedlock. Their are a lot of confused b*st*rd kids running around this nation these days and it's disturbing.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 07:06:56 PM »

Look what the legalization of homosexual marriage has done to Norway. Only 24% of people are married. Allowing a immoral act to be legalized is disgusting. I dont think you should not be allowed to get married if you dont have children. Some women or men are unable to have children. If a couple (meaning man and woman) love each other they should be able to get married.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies