Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:09:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18807 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« on: March 14, 2004, 11:50:40 AM »

I don't think those are John Kerry's main problems, his flip flopping on every single issue is his downfall. Why oh, WHY did the Democrats chose him! It should of been an "Anyone but Kerry campaign" not an "Anyone but Dean campaign." At least Dean had a message, a record and an attitude you could get behind. John Kerry, as the Comedian John Stewart often points out is a zombie on stage.

So we have a Rich Texan, tax cutting, militaristic, private, incomprehensible Republican vs. a Rich, Northeaster, taxing, flip-flopping, zombie-like Democrat. What a fight. LOL, I love politics.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 02:09:34 PM »

I agree Siege, and thats why I see it a very very big uphill struggle for Kerry. Believe me, when the Bush campaign goes full blast Kerry is going to get flattened.

Wow... I Republican is agreeing with me...

Whatever happened to the charismatic leader? Clinton had Charisma, so did Reagan, Bush and Kerry are so flat and two-dimensional, they are human stereotypes. Texas Conservatice and New England Liberal, this must be some sort of divine comic for the entertainment of the political gods.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 02:16:24 PM »

What are these hidden messages that they fear to say? I assume it has something to do with them afraid of scaring off the moderates.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:24:55 PM »

Exactly! But the whole point is that if you are in a party stand up for your beliefs and state them. Nothing is getting done because its been locked up since Clinton came in and it just keeps getting worse every time around. Career politicians are the problem, the founders never intended Politics to be the main job of any Congressman or President. They would farm or practice law and when Congress was in session they would go and do that as like a second job or part time job.

I was watching CNN a week ago and the Republicans in the discussion were calling Kerry a Liberal. The Democrats refused and they argues, loudly, about it. Why is it bad to be a Liberal? Democrats are the LEFT party. Here we have a LIBERAL party. I just don't see the problem of being a Liberal.

I agree Career politicians lose perspective over time I think. They end up speaking in Politicanese and ignore who they're actually there for, their constituents, not the party.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 08:58:08 AM »

I don't know if we can give Marriage a purpose, by saying it's about having children doesn't that make love irrelevant? Therefore after the kids are born and raised you can get divorced. People that can't have children are not really married.

Though I agree in that the trivialization of marriage should be stopped I don’t think that there’s anything you can do about it. You could make divorce back into what it was in the old days, only possible if one party is doing something detrimental to the other, i.e. abuse, or wasting money, or something like that.

Gay people should be able to get married, get divorced and lose half their stuff like the rest of us.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 01:13:11 PM »

The idea that homosexuals are not born that way is begun to be disproven. A study done recently found that 90% of homosexuals, both male and female have a certain part of their brain that is different than normal. This part changes the operation of the brain. I only read the article briefly at the dentist's office so I have no specific details. The other 10% have normal appearing brains, I guess they're just kinky, lol.

However I don't know where to stand in the whole where to draw the line on divorce. I'd like to say only abuse etc. but Gustaf, as usual makes a good point.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 12:22:16 PM »

I'd like to see divorced of marriage made more... I don't know, fair. My cousin got divorced about two years ago. He has a daughter, she's almost 5 now I guess. His ex-wife gets $700 a month for child support! For a 5 year old! A five year old does not need $700 a month. The clothes, and food and what not for her during the weekdays she spends with her mom cannot be that much. The modern system of the divorce is so unfair it is unbelievable.

I think we should straighten out the system of hetro-marriage before we try to move on to homosexual marriage, which I have no problem with.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 11:34:06 AM »

How do they enforce that? LOL!

"The State does not belong in the bedroom of the Nation."

-Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau.

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »

They are not being discriminated against. Their style of life is immoral, senseless, abnormal. And BTW sodomy is illegal in quite a few states.

It should be noted that sodomy includes oral sex.  So if you live in one of those states, no BJ's for you.

God Bless Canada!

Siege40
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 02:57:25 PM »

I don't think that the bible should be translated into Law. More specifically no law should be taken on the basis because it is in the bible. The bible was written 2000 years ago. Parts of the bible allow and disallow a lot of things, like Slavery, and beatin women and children, and killing people. Don't ask me where, I haven't read the thing. This is based on an article I read. So the bible is not rock solid, it contridicts itself and likely doesn't apply to all parts of our modern world.

Siege40
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies