Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:41:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18803 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: March 01, 2004, 10:22:28 PM »

Ok, your name is "StatesRights" and you have a quote from Gen. Lee.... why do I feel I should be worried about you Tongue

As long as you support states' rights when it comes to defining marriage....
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 02:19:47 PM »

How exactly has our great nation "declined"?

The parties are both scared to say what they believe and that aggravates the heck out of me. The Republicans should say what they believe and the Democrats should to (no matter how wrong they are). The nation is polarized and I don't know what its going to take to give our nation a kick in the butt. Just the slow decline of our great nation.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »

Lets see...
We are a financial superpower and that shows no sign of decline

With the exception of the murdering babies part, Our morals have increased as we have extended the Constitutional rights to all of our citizens and not just white males

And at least kids today have the freedom to not care... as a hundred years ago they would have started working in a factory when they were eight.

I'd say that's an improvement over the horrible days which your avatar glorifies.

Lets see we are now mostly a Import nation, our morals are slowly declining with legalized abortion and now trying to legalize homosexual marriage. Look at the kids, so many of them today dont even care. I hope that changes.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:30:45 PM »

Because in the mind of the average American, the L-word is synonomous with irresponsible tax-and-spend policies and dope-smoking hippies.

If this gay marriage debate gets out of hand and we don't reign in our own irresponsible borrow-and-spend policies, the word "Conservative" might be just as tarnished soon.

Exactly! But the whole point is that if you are in a party stand up for your beliefs and state them. Nothing is getting done because its been locked up since Clinton came in and it just keeps getting worse every time around. Career politicians are the problem, the founders never intended Politics to be the main job of any Congressman or President. They would farm or practice law and when Congress was in session they would go and do that as like a second job or part time job.

I was watching CNN a week ago and the Republicans in the discussion were calling Kerry a Liberal. The Democrats refused and they argues, loudly, about it. Why is it bad to be a Liberal? Democrats are the LEFT party. Here we have a LIBERAL party. I just don't see the problem of being a Liberal.

I agree Career politicians lose perspective over time I think. They end up speaking in Politicanese and ignore who they're actually there for, their constituents, not the party.

Siege40
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 02:36:16 PM »

Whose family is it destroying?  Families are destroyed by adultery, selfishness, and all sorts of things.

For me, its more of a question of consistency.  I think its far too easy to get married and far too easy to get divorced.  Marriage should be for individuals who truly intend to be with their partner forever and intend to have children.  All other relationships might be best classified as civil unions.

The Republicans need to put their foot down and say "Gay Marriage isnt right, it destroys the family, lets keep it illegal"
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »

100% correct

I hope that the whole gay marriage debate encourages people to look at what ails the institution of heterosexual marriage.

I agree that it is too easy to get married and too easy to get divorced, especially when there are children involved.  While the whole idea of marriage was to create an environment conducive to raising children, today many people see no particular need to raise their children inside a marriage.  The results have been an economic and social catastrophe.

No-fault divorce has effectively put the government on the side of the partner who wants to void the marriage contract, whether or not he/she has valid reasons.  The rejected marriage partner has no rights, especially if it is the wife filing for divorce.  This is especially true when children are involved.  It is a very sad situation, one for which feminists are largely to blame.

I told somebody I know who's gay to be careful what he wishes for when it comes to gay marriage.  All is not well with the institution of marriage in America.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 05:55:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How?

Agreed.. but why aren't you up in arms about straight people getting married w/o the intent of having children?

The whole fabric of the institution of marriage will be destroyed by homosexuals being allowed to get married. Marriage is about raising children. Such a immoral thing as letting homosexuals get married would add to our problems of single family homes. The whole situation is a sad story and even sadder for the American people. I agree it should be tougher to get married, but it should be tougher for people to just have as many kids as they want out of wedlock. Their are a lot of confused b*st*rd kids running around this nation these days and it's disturbing.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 08:27:47 PM »

So you agree with me that it is too easy to get married... but you complain that not enough Norwegians are married?

But if another couple (that happens to be a man and a man, or a woman and a woman) love each other, you should get to decide whether their relationship is valid or not?

Look what the legalization of homosexual marriage has done to Norway. Only 24% of people are married. Allowing a immoral act to be legalized is disgusting. I dont think you should not be allowed to get married if you dont have children. Some women or men are unable to have children. If a couple (meaning man and woman) love each other they should be able to get married.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 03:45:50 PM »

I do.... Perhaps my mind is just too simple to believe that individuals would purposely punish themselves and be discriminated against by the likes of you just for the hell of it.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 02:19:10 AM »

Not anymore. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies