Canadian federal polling division files
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:36:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal polling division files
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Author Topic: Canadian federal polling division files  (Read 167670 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 20, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »

You missed Malahide in Elgin County, by the way

Malahide was Tories 50-60%.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #426 on: September 20, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »

Okay here is Parry Sound District and Muskoka District

Parry Sound District

Tories over 50%

The Archipelago, Armour, Carling, Joly, Machar, Magnetawan, McDougall, McKellar, Ryerson, Strong, Whitestone

Tories 40-50%

Kearney, Powassan, Parry Sound, Callander, McMurrith/Monteith, Perry, Seguin, Nipissing

Muskoka District

Tories over 50%

Georgian Bay, Muskoka Lakes, Lake of the Bays (the more sparsely populated towns)

Tories 40-50%

Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst

Nipissing District

Tories over 60%

South Algonquin (the Northewestern part of Cheryl Gallant's riding is largely in Algonquin Park thus largely uninhabited

Tories 40-50%

Chrisholm, Calvin

Liberals 40-50%

North Bay, Mattawa, Temagami, Bonfield, East Ferris, Mattawan, Papineau-Cameron (Outside of southern Nipissing, it seems it is too far North for the Tories, but too far South for the NDP thus the one area of Northern Ontario that stuck with the Liberals).

NDP 30-40%

West Nipissing

Manitoulin District Something to cheer up for our NDP supporters

NDP over 50%

Burpee and Mills

NDP 40-50%

Gore Bay, Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands, Barrie Island, Billings, Central Manitoulin, Gordon

NDP 30-40%

Assiginack, Tekuhammah

Cockburn Island has 10 people only so too small to give data.

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #427 on: September 20, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »

Great work! Cheesy

If you want me to fill in the black areas, that would be great too. You might also want to give me totals for some unorganized areas. I know that big one in Parry Sound District actually has a sizable population. (My cottage is there)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #428 on: September 20, 2009, 09:53:14 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2009, 10:00:03 PM by mileslunn »

Great work! Cheesy

If you want me to fill in the black areas, that would be great too. You might also want to give me totals for some unorganized areas. I know that big one in Parry Sound District actually has a sizable population. (My cottage is there)

Looks good.  The North one in Parry Sound was Tories 50-60%.  The other big blank I think is where Algonquin Park is so I am not sure how many people actually live in that area.  In terms of the few Indian Reserves left blank, I think the Liberals won most of those pretty strongly, but they are only one or two polls.  For the Alonguin Park though, I am pretty sure it was Tories around 60% as this includes the very northern end of Haliburton Kawartha Lakes-Brock and its border with Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #429 on: September 20, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »

Anyone think they could do one for Kingston and Barrie.  Kingston would be interesting.  Barrie is probably pretty much all blue this time around, although still interesting but less so than 2006 and 2004 when it was much closer.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #430 on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:59 PM »

Only 51 people live in that area. Not really big enough for one poll. You sure it was over 60%?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #431 on: September 20, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

Not entirely, I just know the neighbouring polls were around 60% for the Tories, but maybe best to leave it blank despite its massive size.  This must be where Algonquin Park is as this seems like a huge area for only 51 people.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #432 on: September 20, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »

Actually, that was in 2001. In 2006 it had 571 people. Statscan says to "use that with caution" though, whatever that means. I'm not sure where the people are though... it is mostly just Algonquin Park.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #433 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »

Actually, that was in 2001. In 2006 it had 571 people. Statscan says to "use that with caution" though, whatever that means. I'm not sure where the people are though... it is mostly just Algonquin Park.

I am guessing many of them are seasonal residents.  Since the last election was October 14, 2009, that is right on the edge of the end of tourist season.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #434 on: September 20, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »

I am guessing many of them are seasonal residents.  Since the last election was October 14, 2009, that is right on the edge of the end of tourist season.

It's the census. You have to be permanent.
DL
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2009, 11:16:39 PM »

I'd like to see a colour coded map of Winnipeg and also of the riding of Outremont.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »

I'd like to see a colour coded map of Winnipeg and also of the riding of Outremont.

Already done.
trebor204
TREBOR204

« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2009, 06:03:17 AM »

Winnipeg has been done. (From Page 8 )

Winnipeg:

EC actually says a First Nations Party candidate won a poll in Winnipeg Centre with 46 votes to Pat Martin's 3...yeah right. It's probably a repeat of that time in 2000 when the networks showed the Marxists-Leninists leading one of the Mississauga seats for a while.

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #438 on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »

Interesting that the only low area for the Conservatives in genuinely rural Anglophone territory (aside from Caledonia with its even more conservative candidate) is right where the Walkerton water scandal was. Alternately, it may have nothing to do with this and just be holdover from Steckle's personal vote. (Also, Kincardine, the one on the coast, has the Bruce nuclear plant and so is probably more university-educated than most small towns).

I think a lot of it is hold over, since all the townships in that riding are a lighter shade of blue than the surroundings.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #439 on: September 21, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »

http://earth.smurfmatic.net/canada2008/polls/
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #440 on: September 21, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »

Epic win.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #441 on: September 21, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »

Well, it's only the 4 major metros, and no shaded maps, but still pretty cool. Some ridings there I  haven't seen yet.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #442 on: September 21, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »

Interesting that the only low area for the Conservatives in genuinely rural Anglophone territory (aside from Caledonia with its even more conservative candidate) is right where the Walkerton water scandal was. Alternately, it may have nothing to do with this and just be holdover from Steckle's personal vote. (Also, Kincardine, the one on the coast, has the Bruce nuclear plant and so is probably more university-educated than most small towns).

I think a lot of it is hold over, since all the townships in that riding are a lighter shade of blue than the surroundings.

It might also be due to the fact that in pretty much every other rural Southern Ontario riding, the Tories held the incumbent advantage, whereas this was an open seat.  If you were to look at the 2006 maps, I suspect the Tories would have been much weaker in the rural townships located in ridings they picked up, rather than ones they were re-elected in.  Asides from Kenora in Northern Ontario, all the other Tory gains in 2008 were in suburban Ontario or smaller/mid sized cities.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #443 on: September 22, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »

Just a small one for now - Stratford. Every other poll in Perth-Wellington is Conservative, in many cases by a lot. The city is best known now for its theatre festival and the downtown is artsy and well-touristed, though prior to the postwar period it was a manufacturing and railway centre with a fairly radical labour movement. I don't know the neighbourhoods too well, but the fact that the Liberals were in third in many polls in the southeast suggests that the NDP vote may be still coming more from blue-collar locals than I might have expected.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #444 on: September 22, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »

More disappointing than I thought. Sad
deansherratt
Rookie
« Reply #445 on: September 22, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

My brother's family lived there many years. The north and west are more middle class while the east is more working class...Just as the polls suggest. Now what is rather interesting is that the central core has some very highbrow polls which went Liberal (sadly one where my brother lived).
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #446 on: September 22, 2009, 08:07:28 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2009, 08:14:24 PM by Linus Van Pelt »

Just to avoid duplication, I'm going to have a go at B.C. Southern Interior next, even though it'll be a while since I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Having just downloaded the spreadsheet, I note the humorous results for the community of Vallican, BC:
NDP 226 (75.1%)
Green 44 (14.6%)
Conservative 26 (8.6%)
Liberal 4 (1.3%)
Marxist-Leninist 1 (0.3%)

A mere four communists away from an epic win. This is in the Slocan Valley, which is known for its high population of, shall we say, Canadians from the noted American immigration of 1965 to 1973 Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #447 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »

Just to avoid duplication, I'm going to have a go at B.C. Southern Interior next, even though it'll be a while since I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Having just downloaded the spreadsheet, I note the humorous results for the community of Vallican, BC:
NDP 226 (75.1%)
Green 44 (14.6%)
Conservative 26 (8.6%)
Liberal 4 (1.3%)
Marxist-Leninist 1 (0.3%)

A mere four communists away from an epic win. This is in the Slocan Valley, which is known for its high population of, shall we say, Canadians from the noted American immigration of 1965 to 1973 Wink

Oh man, where do I sign up to live there? Freedom Town!
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #448 on: September 22, 2009, 09:54:58 PM »

I will try to do Nova Scotia by county over the next day.  If anybody wants, I can do New Brunswick by municipality and Nova Scotia by municipality.  Nova Scotia should be interesting as there seems to be a little bit for everyone.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #449 on: September 23, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »

I will try to do Nova Scotia by county over the next day.  If anybody wants, I can do New Brunswick by municipality and Nova Scotia by municipality.  Nova Scotia should be interesting as there seems to be a little bit for everyone.

I do want! Whatever you can do, it would be appreciated. Problem with NB is there are no rural municipalities. They have parishes however, but they are really only geographical divisions.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies