Canadian federal polling division files (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:22:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal polling division files (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal polling division files  (Read 168009 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« on: July 08, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »

I love this thread. Keep 'em coming! I particularly like the compilation ones; it's fascinating to see the side-by-side comparisons between polling divisions in adjacent ridings.

My requests:

- Montreal island as a whole, particularly Outremont

- Winnipeg

- Hamilton and Windsor: where the NDP won the two seats in the centre and the Tories took the surrounding countryside.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I can't contribute to this thread in a more meaningful way, but these maps are awesome! they should be required viewing for every political operative in the country (except the Tory ones Tongue). Great job to everyone who came up with them!

Now for the hard part:

Is it possible to get these images onto a single website? Combing through the 13 pages on this thread can be cumbersome and it would be nice to have something set up so you could just click a name and get to the riding (or collection of ridings) you want to see. Ultimately it would be awesome to get a full map of Canada like that with zoom capability, toolbars with voting stats, riding profiles, and candidate information: the works! I know that's beyond the efforts of any single person on here, but maybe we could collaborate and make it easier?

Just a thought  . . .

In the mean time, the East Coast seems to be a bit underreprestented. Can we see Halifax and St. John's? I second the call for an Oshawa map. I wouldn't mind seeing the Niagara Peninsula as well.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »

Hey 506, that Guelph map with Google Earth is *exactly* what I was hoping for. There's  a problem with the colour scheme, though. The polling place winners are shaded too lightly, which makes it difficult to glean the visual information. It's especially problematic with the Green Party because of all the greenery in the image Tongue Really nice job, though!
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »

Hey y'all. Can we see some Cambridge-Waterloo area maps?

Also, on a very different note, is there anyone with their ears to the ground who's heard something about the timing of the next election? My Liberal sources are all gearing up for late September. The Tories seem to no longer understand what the word 'election' means and change the subject. Any other perspectives?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies