Who Is More Likely to Win Their Primary? Sestak or Maloney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Who Is More Likely to Win Their Primary? Sestak or Maloney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Assuming both run
Sestak

Maloney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Who Is More Likely to Win Their Primary? Sestak or Maloney?  (Read 3458 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: July 07, 2009, 11:24:07 PM »

Sestak

Though i vote that way knowing far less about the new york race than the penn. however i am torn when it comes to sestak, i like him more than specter, however i don't want good money being wasted in Penn.  Specter can easily pay his own way but i am not sure sestak can pay for both the general and the primary.  I know he has shown the capacity to raise a good amount of money but i see the figure eclipsing 10 mil for both the general and primary. Also, any chance that toomey can gain traction from a bloody primary scares me.  Santorum was bad enough but the club for growth captain in the senate don't we have enough hardline right wingers.  The guy would filibuster everything. 
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:25:17 AM »

Lunar,

Your points are very apt. The reliability of specter is definitely a concern as this would seem to be his last term so he would not be accountable to the voters in any tangible way.  I just weigh that against the possibility of toomey being a senator the former scares me less than the latter.  Could you imagine toomey with six years of a platform for his unfeasible economic policies.  The American public can be a very irrational bunch when scared and i could easily see a scenario where toomeys hairbrained economic policies gain traction.  The destruction of our economic stability would be epic.

In regards to the new york senate race i am not so concerned about losing the seat as i am worried about electing the right person.  In my opinion a rising star like Gilliabrand(sp) would be a terrible loss especially since i have yet to find something except gun control were i prefer Maloney to her. But, i as i said i really don't have a grasp on that race.  My girlfriends father is from Pitt and he gave a pretty detailed breakdown of the upcoming specter sestak and winner toomey races from which i have formulated the opinions stated here. Thus, i feel like i can legitimately debate that race unlike the NY one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies