Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37288 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »

I support this.

BTW, Yankee, congratulations for breaking Gabu's all-time record for longest continuous officeholding in the Senate. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman-

Its time we hold the bastards accountable for their inactivity and incompetence.

Don't You agree?

If so, I present the following:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I only fear this becoming personal or partisan.

The constitution gives us the power to expell members, but currently we lack the procedures to do so if the need could arise. We can change this process if that is what is needed to get this passed, but we have to get some kind of expulsion procedures on the books so that we can use them if need be.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »

Bumping this for later use.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »

Looks like the people wanted their Senate back. All incumbents were reelected Tongue
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »

Sorry I couldn't vote for you Yankee. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »

Sorry I couldn't vote for you Yankee. Smiley

I wasn't up this time. I'm one of the better kind of Senators, those that represent the Regions and we are up for election in Feb, June and October.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »

Ahh, K.

As the senator of the South, then I would get a chance to vote for you in the next election if I can meet the residency requirements.

Thanks.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »

Ahh, K.

As the senator of the South, then I would get a chance to vote for you in the next election if I can meet the residency requirements.

Thanks.

Well June is a long way off and I have yet to make a decision as to whether or not to run again.

Yes you would be able to vote for the South's Senator, and I'm shore you'll meet the requirements for voter eligibility long before June.

1. Meet the day requirement (can never remember that, 15, 10 something like that).
2. 75 posts prior to registration, registration post can't count as one of the 75.
3. Post 25 times in the 8 weeks prior to the election.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »

Well you should run. From what I have heard of you, you've been an excellent senator.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »

Isn't it about time you did something else, Yankee?  Run for President, or a cabinet post, or something?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »

Isn't it about time you did something else, Yankee?  Run for President, or a cabinet post, or something?

This is not my campaign office, this is for Senate administration purposes, and business related to constituent services alone. My campaign thread is a few pages back.

lol, I love it when people confuse the two. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:29 PM »

Since it has been brought up, I would say that having been Senator, I don't see how I would enjoy holding a cabinet post, and I don't see me getting the key swing votes needed to win the Presidency. I enjoy serving the Southeast/IDS in the Senate and will gladly continue in that service if I feel up to it, and they so desire it. That doesn't mean I will hold this position forever. Sooner or later, I will leave the Senate, whether as a result of losing my stamina, or RL obligations, or the IDS wanting someone else.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »

Which is to say it is being written secretly. Shhh Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »

Excerpts of a speech given on the 29th of April in Alabama.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2011, 05:20:30 PM »

Which is to say it is being written secretly. Shhh Tongue
^
Still working on this, and as a reminder, it has nothing to do with elections or campaigning since this is my Senate office, not my campaign office.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »

Sir the president has refused to compensate the good citizens of TX for the damage from the storms. I notice that his Imperial Majesty says nothing about TX in his address.

Will NC Yankee also approve of appropriations to benefit the good people of TX ravaged by the storms?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »

Sir the president has refused to compensate the good citizens of TX for the damage from the storms. I notice that his Imperial Majesty says nothing about TX in his address.

Will NC Yankee also approve of appropriations to benefit the good people of TX ravaged by the storms?
The IDS legislature has been hemming and hawing about tornado recovery for the past week or so.  Maybe if you started sending angry PM's to the legislators, someone will write something. 

On that note, welcome to Atlasia!  I'd like to encourage you to run for a regional office in the upcoming elections.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »

The affected Imperial states mentioned in the SoIA's report were MS, TN, & GA. If TX has been affected as well, then my apologies for the lack of attention. Rest assured, my orders merely referred to all affected areas, so my deputies have been paying due attention to any & all affected areas in the state of Texas.

Also, I have been conferring with the Imperial Speaker in regards to a plan to force a tornado bill out of the Imperial Legislature. There seems to be much confusion as to what exactly should be included in a tornado bill.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

That's a goof point PiT, Texas was not as hard hit as those states.  I would suggest that the legislature send emergency and rebuilding funds to those...Tier I, shall we call them, states.

To Yankee, are you gonna run for President?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »

I haven't refused anything, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »

That's a goof point PiT, Texas was not as hard hit as those states.  I would suggest that the legislature send emergency and rebuilding funds to those...Tier I, shall we call them, states.

This office is not permitted to answer question or utilize resources for campaign purposes or such purposes. We direct you to the Senator's campaign thread which shouldn't be that many pages back (5 or 6 thereabouts. Tongue).

We are for the most part at the whims of the GM/SoIA as to what has happened. They can modify a RL story. If they didn't include Texas, then that is the likely reason for the it not being mentioned by the officials you named. However if the SoIA or GM were to do a story about Texas being affected by the storms or the fires etc, then I would be sure to ensure that they got whatever help they needed from the President, Emperor or any other responsible person or body.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »

This office is not permitted to answer question or utilize resources for campaign purposes or such purposes. We direct you to the Senator's campaign thread which shouldn't be that many pages back (5 or 6 thereabouts. Tongue).
Tongue

We are for the most part at the whims of the GM/SoIA as to what has happened. They can modify a RL story. If they didn't include Texas, then that is the likely reason for the it not being mentioned by the officials you named. However if the SoIA or GM were to do a story about Texas being affected by the storms or the fires etc, then I would be sure to ensure that they got whatever help they needed from the President, Emperor or any other responsible person or body.
[/quote]
Let me just say that, for this one story, I am going exactly by the real news.  Make of that what you will.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »

Press Conference -

Ladies and Gentleman. For the past two days there have been a "domestic disturbance" in the states of Florida, Alabama and Georgia. Though the details and how these will end is still unclear, we will not allow important services provided by our offices to be disturbed and as such our offices will remain open in each of the above three mentioned states. We have brought in additional security which we consider appropriate for the situation (Machine Gun Nests and Mortars and other reasonable measures), because we realize that our staff is likely a potential target should the situation get out of hand.

As to the situations themselves, we certainly sympathize with the demands for more interesting and more fun Atlasia, however the Senator doesn't support or condone any treasonous acts against the gov't of Atlasia. If you want a more active Atlasia, then you should get in the game more. Find important issues that need to be addressed and press candidates with advocacy groups and the like to embrace them or run for office yourself if no one will listen. There is no magic bullet reform package to make Atlasia active, that rests with individual people and the individual choices they make.

I will know take any questions from the Press.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:55 AM »

F**k, people, how many times do I have to repeat this:

There were no "disturbances" in Alabama and Alabama never seceeded
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies