Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37341 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:55 AM »

F**k, people, how many times do I have to repeat this:

There were no "disturbances" in Alabama and Alabama never seceeded
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2012, 12:21:36 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

To Whom It May Concern:

As some may have noticed, I have not been on the site since early on Wednesday morning when we were waiting for the last stuff from Racine to come in. That is because when I turned the computer on Wednesday afternoon, something got corrupted and it is causing several essential services to shutdown, including some of those that are essential to operating on the internet. The computer still runs and is on as we speak, but it can't go online and there is no sound anymore. I know the problem is within windows and its component services and not the hardware itself. I am working on a solution, but it will take time to acquire the necessary items to implement it.

My first priority is to manage the Senate, I will try to get to other things as time permits, but most other stuff will have to be put off. In case you were wondering though, CONSTITUENT SERVICES WILL NOT BE INTERRUPTED!!! Tongue

Senator NC Yankee
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2012, 12:25:39 PM »

Something similar happened to my dad's computer the other day. No Microsoft programs would open and the computer couldn't connect to the internet. If your thing is similar, it's a bitch.

Best of luck.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »

I don't have problems with any programs, everything I tried to run worked save for the sound. My problem is contained to those internal services that are failing. The issue is fairly common, but not with XP. It is far more often associated with Windows Vista.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »

I am using my new computer which is slower then hell on the internet.

I got the audo back and most of the services by manually turning them on in the Services screen, in peformance and maintenance. Some however won't turn on, including some that are needed to use the internet like Remote Access Connection Manager. I will get it fixed and be back using it soon.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »

Twelve days after vowing to fix the computer, NC Yankee reports that he has repaired his computer. No system recovery or reinstall of the OS was required to accomplish this feet.

To all those who said he couldn't do it without using such excessive measures, GO TO HELL!!!!

Edit: Eight days refers to a similar vow I made on a different site. Tongue 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2012, 03:54:47 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2012, 03:57:03 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Senator Yankee approaches the Podium

Welcome! Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press.

I would post some of this in caps, but the engineers have said that it may destroy your hearing with this microphone. Lets do it and say we didn't! Evil

On Monday, I plan to be at the residence of distinguished resident of the region, where "my people" have successfully bribed their way in and organized a surprise celebration to honor his tremendous achievement last week. Its the least I could do. Wink

Throughout this coming week, I plan to work with Senators on the various committees to ensure that all are fully operational moving forward with their respective responsibilities. Some of the actions, or lack thereof, by some committees has highly displeased me. I can still hear the words, "There is nothing to do" ringing and reverberating through my head and I will ensure that the person who said it "will feel" the suffering that I do for everything second it continues as such. At present there are discussions going on both in the Government Oversight and Reform Committee and behind the scenes regarding how best to handle the so-called "Governmental Crisis" and the multiple inactive officials. I can't comment on any agreements or areas of disagreement, but organizational and procedural crap aside, we stand united in our desire to pursue this aggressively and demand greater accountability from the Executive Branch and all who work for it.

This past week we learned that while we focused on a fixed the long running crisis in the Department of Internal Affairs, three more festered and got worse and now we are confronted with the month-long disappearence of the Secretary of External Affairs, which poses a threat to national security and should be corrected ASAP, the failure of the Attorney General to update the wiki aggressively leading to regional based protests and garnering the attention of both the Judiciary and the Government Overisght and Reform Committees, and the imminent resignation of Game Moderator shua. I have had my differences with the Game Moderator as well as times of great collaboration on many issues stretching back to his time as Senator, and I am sorry to see him go. I think it will be difficultl, but necessay, to find a suitable successor at the earliest possible opportunity.

I wish to congratulate the Senators, especially Senator Nix, on the speedy completion of the Garden of Dreams Act and I look forward to seeing the Deptarment of Internal Affairs and Game Moderator(whoever that will be at the time) process all its requirements. While we are on the subject of immigration related matters, there is a bill that seeks to change certain aspects of our policy regarding high skilled workers I believe, intoduced by Senator Simfan34. It is my hope to have this bill on the floor soon and completed before this Senate ends. One of the major successes of this Senate so far has been the completion of economy benefiting, immigration bills that have bipartisan support. So far my offer to introduce legislation amending the section of recently passed Dream Act, with regards to veterans, is still lacking in support from actual Senators. I urge citizen's to contact their Senators and direct them to the last page of the completed Dream Act, where this offer still stands. Do it for the men and women who have fought and sacrificed so that you may eat your chips, drink your beer and watch football every Sunday.

I also plan to be working closely with my distinguished colleagues on the Federalist Party Bylaw's Committee, over the next several days and maybe weeks. I will state that these efforts will not interfere with my efforts as President Pro-Tempore or as Senator for this fine region. I will also reiterate my pledged that I have kept to the IDS to be the Senator for all Southerners, as a member for three different parties and as independent, with duties ranging from simple member to Chairman.

One last thing, the Seanator is planning to give a major speech sometime next week. The exact time and topic will be announced when it is time for them to be announced.

With that I will take any questions that the Press (read public) may have.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2012, 01:35:34 AM »

Not even a joke question, damn you people are lazy. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2012, 01:40:12 AM »

Will you, if re-elected, support legislation to use Enhanced Interrogation Techniques on inactive senators?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »

Will you, if re-elected, support legislation to use Enhanced Interrogation Techniques on inactive senators?

I don't recall being part of a reelection campaign. I thought I just went through that rodeo recently. This is also my Senate office, so I wouldn't announce or do campaigning from here. This is the place where I hold pressers and make up stupid press releases in the name of nameless lackeys that have little if any real bearing but are fun to screw around with.

As for the second part of your question, we are already well becanse Enhanced Interrogation Techniques. Tongue Surgically removing parts of the body is far more "effective". Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2012, 01:52:32 AM »

Now this is starting to feel like a real Presser, even down to the reiterated questions worded differently.

This is also my Senate office, so I wouldn't announce or do campaigning from here. This is the place where I hold pressers and make up stupid press releases in the name of nameless lackeys that have little if any real bearing but are fun to screw around with.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »

3. Resignation from the Senate
Not unless they discover some illegals activies, no. I was elected to this term, I plan to serve it out for the duration as long as I am able

4. Attorney General appointment
I would rather lose a kidney

5. SoEA Appointment
I would rather lose my bladder

6. GM Appointment
I would rather lose my...... (you can fill in the blank Tongue). I have turned this post down two or three times before and nothing has changed regarding why I turned it down when it was previously offered to me.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »

Not unless they discover some illegals activies, no. I was elected to this term, I plan to serve it out for the duration as long as I am able.

Is this an admission of guilt? Your choice of words seems to imply there is something to "discover".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »

A quick statement on a recent events that broke while we were here (you poor SOB's have been standing a long time Tongue).

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:02 AM »

Not unless they discover some illegals activies, no. I was elected to this term, I plan to serve it out for the duration as long as I am able.

Is this an admission of guilt? Your choice of words seems to imply there is something to "discover".

Politicians don't have to be guilty, in order for "activities to be found". Especially, in a certain machine dominated state. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »

Politicians don't have to be guilty, in order for "activities to be found". Especially, in a certain machine dominated state. Wink

I have no idea what state you are refering to.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2012, 02:35:12 AM »

As I said, I will not discuss campaigns in this office. 3-6 dealt with prematurely ending my term in the Senate, so I responded to them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2012, 02:55:12 AM »

I don't recall being part of a reelection campaign. I thought I just went through that rodeo recently. This is also my Senate office, so I wouldn't announce or do campaigning from here. This is the place where I hold pressers and make up stupid press releases in the name of nameless lackeys that have little if any real bearing but are fun to screw around with.

As for the second part of your question, we are already well becanse Enhanced Interrogation Techniques. Tongue Surgically removing parts of the body is far more "effective". Evil

There's only one organ I want to "give" you, Yankee.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

That is disgusting.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »

How do you plan to break the Senate's first ever filibuster?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »

I feel cheated!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2012, 11:51:31 PM »

What is your opinion of the current secessionist movement going on in our region?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »

To begin, I would like to apologize for being gone for two days or so. There was a health emergency in the immediate family, as well as some technical problems that prevented me from getting online.

Could the Senator be more specific regarding what in particular he views as a "Gaffe"?

How do you plan to break the Senate's first ever filibuster?

Time, Skill and Chance.

I feel cheated!

If you seek a legal remedy, I am sure Kingmen and Associates will offer their services in exchange for appropriate compensation.

What is your opinion of the current secessionist movement going on in our region?

I haven't reviewed the details of this particular incident, but I can say that in general I don't regard secession as legal. I would recommend that if there are issues concerning the growth in power of the Federal Gov't, that efforts be made to reach out to like minded individuals to work to restrain or reduce that power. Such actions as those you mention make doing so actually impede such a strategy and likely make the motivating problem of centralizing of authority worse.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman,

Today, I shut the door on pre-debate engagement and involvement by Senators on an attempt to amend Dream Act so as to exclude them having to comply with the GPA requirement, by introducing the bill and then bringing it to the floor. Two weeks was long enough for that and now it is time to act. I had hoped that more then one Senator would sign before hand so as to keep the debate as short as possible and get this done quicker. I am still aiming for quick passage and hope that silence in this case didn't mean silent opposition. We shall see. I urge citizens to contact that Senators to demand quick passage of this bill and avoid an unnecessary fights and delays that could hamper the bill from getting passed before Christmas.

There appears to be a confrontation brewing again between the Administration, specifically the President and the Senate, specifically the National Security Committee. It is my position that the President and the Committee should immediately cooperate with one another as it regards to the dissappearence of SoEA Dr. Cynic and seek to find solutions that ensure the security of Atlasia, which should be our first priority rather than egos and turf wars between branches of Government.

Lastly, I have offered an amendment in the hopes of a repeal of all Federal laws prohibiting poker. I don't expect this to pass, but I think it is important that we at least vote on whether or not the Feds or the regions should be taking the lead on this issue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies